Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - Review & Discussion Thread - Possible Spoi

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I didn't read any of the books until the first movie was about to come out. Then I caught up with them, as the movies and the new books came out. I am not a rabid fan, but I do enjoy them. I do tend to compare the movies with the books, and I have been disappointed more than once in scenes that I wish were included that have been cut.

While you are reading a book, you get a picture in your head about how something will look on film, and then it's left out altogether.

All in all, I like the series. I am looking forward to seeing it all completed on film, even if the outcome is a lot different.
    I'm the same. I didn't read the books until after the first movie came out, probably didn't read any of them until after seeing the third movie. I didn't see the first one in theaters, but I've seen every movie afterwards in the theater. And since seeing the first 3 on the big screen, I actually started reading the series with book 4. But then I got hooked. What I thought was just a children's or adolescent's book turned out to be a good read. I think that's happened for a lot of people. The books have attracted young and old alike.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - Review & Discussion Thread - Possible Spoi

I'm not worried about the changes in the slightest.

The cool ting is that these films are made under Jo's approval. if it makes it in, she has to clear it. If Jo thought that a non-cannon attack on the Burrow was fine, then who am I to be upset about it?

btw, I'm currently on re-read three. Just heading into the tail end, they are discussing Horcruxes...or Horecree if your my brother.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    What makes a true Potter fan?
    He/She reads the books, a lot. Like, when there is a need to read, and there is a choice of books, HP is read over others. I find myself choosing them over other available books. Nearly every reading, I find something I had missed before. (Latest ones are Trelawney's predictions that actually do come true, though she makes so many of them, a few are bound to be true. "Lightning-struck tower" comes to mind.)
    He/She also sees the movies but yearns for what could have been.

We started reading them because our kids were at the age where they should be reading more, but I prefer to read their books first. This was before the fourth one came out, so we bought the first one, liked it, bought the rest before #4 came out. That was the first one I bought on the release date.
    We bought two of the last book, to make sure three of us could read semi-simultaneously.
    We'll need to buy a new set soon. Kids taking them to school in backpacks, ruining the spines. Probably the box set.
    Last edited by sediment; 06-11-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I'm not worried about the changes in the slightest.

The cool ting is that these films are made under Jo's approval. if it makes it in, she has to clear it. If Jo thought that a non-cannon attack on the Burrow was fine, then who am I to be upset about it?
    I think she has given up caring as much as some of us. But for practical purposes, there's no way to squeeze it all in. One quidditch match per movie is plenty, else it's repetitive. Minor characters are dropped here and there, as their main reason is to emphasize that love is the strongest magic.

In ten years, I want to see an animated series of the books. Special effects won't be as big a deal, minor story lines won't have to be dropped, etc.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I think she has given up caring as much as some of us. But for practical purposes, there's no way to squeeze it all in. One quidditch match per movie is plenty, else it's repetitive. Minor characters are dropped here and there, as their main reason is to emphasize that love is the strongest magic.

In ten years, I want to see an animated series of the books. Special effects won't be as big a deal, minor story lines won't have to be dropped, etc.

type in Deathly Hallows Claymation on you tube when you have a day to spare. You want EVERYTHING,you go it!

• Rock Star Minion

type in Deathly Hallows Claymation on you tube when you have a day to spare. You want EVERYTHING,you go it!
    Oh, I cannot wait until I get home....!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I'm not a Potter person, but I think I might go see this one.

• Rock Star Minion

Oh, I cannot wait until I get home....!
    OK, I'm through the first seven or eight.
    I'm glad they're free.

It's not completely by the book. Took out Mundungus and his theft of the locket and Sirius's two-way mirror, and his being Imperioused by Snape to betray the flight plans from Privet Drive to the Burrow. Cut out Harry discovering the note from Lily to Sirius, with the picture of Lily torn away from James and Sirius.
    Cut out a lot of the mission to The Ministry.
    Cut out Dumbledore's friend at the wedding, replaced his defense of Dumbledore with Xenophilus. Harry wasn't even disguised at the wedding.
    Cut out Viktor Krum from the wedding, who pointed out the Deathly Hallows symbols on Xeno's medallion.
    Cut out Gregorovich, using Ollivander in his place.
    Last edited by sediment; 06-29-2009 at 05:16 PM.

• Minion

Blog Entries

OK, I'm through the first seven or eight.
    I'm glad they're free.

It's not completely by the book. Took out Mundungus and his theft of the locket and Sirius's two-way mirror, and his being Imperioused by Snape to betray the flight plans from Privet Drive to the Burrow. Cut out Harry discovering the note from Lily to Sirius, with the picture of Lily torn away from James and Sirius.
    Cut out a lot of the mission to The Ministry.
    Cut out Dumbledore's friend at the wedding, replaced his defense of Dumbledore with Xenophilus. Harry wasn't even disguised at the wedding.
    Cut out Viktor Krum from the wedding, who pointed out the Deathly Hallows symbols on Xeno's medallion.
    Cut out Gregorovich, using Ollivander in his place.

I don't think you watched the same one as me, I remember it having EVERYTHING. The only problem I had was the rewording of Molly's line at the end and I let him know it to. I did watch it when it first came out so maybe I forgot the cuts, guess I'll have to watch it again! huh!

• Rock Star Minion

I don't think you watched the same one as me, I remember it having EVERYTHING. The only problem I had was the rewording of Molly's line at the end and I let him know it to. I did watch it when it first came out so maybe I forgot the cuts, guess I'll have to watch it again! huh!
    (Sad that I know the book that well.)

He even cut out the "Dumbledore's Ghost" security feature at Grimmauld Place.
    Cut out Didalus Diggle and Hestia. Used Arthur to take the Dursleys away instead.
    Cut out the Death Eater holding onto Hermione, apparating to Grimmauld Place, and THEN apparating to the Forest of Dean, I think.
    Cut out Ron going into the Ministry Polyjuiced by someone else. Cut out Harry being Polyjuiced as someone else, going in using his Invisibility Cloak instead.

Still, it will probably be more than the two-part movie will have.
    Last edited by sediment; 07-06-2009 at 09:50 AM.

• Minion

Ok,

So I went to see Transformers 2 last night.

And among the trailers, the third one actually, was HBP.

All I can say about Half Blood Prince, from seeing the trailer I posted below, is 5 words.

The Bang before The Explosion!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnooUEuyn_M&feature=fvst]YouTube - 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' Trailer 4 HD[/ame]

I so cannot wait for this movie!!!
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 07-02-2009 at 12:18 AM.

• Minion

And for some reason, when I try to picture Slughorn while I'm reading the book, I picture Jumba from Lilo & Stitch, when he has the moustache disguise on.
    LOL Jumbaa would fit well as Slughorn .

This reminds me of when I used to read about Snape before the movies came out - for some reason, I pictured Zigzag, the evil wizard from Richard Williams' "The Theif and the Cobbler" (a.k.a. "Arabian Knight").

Now, I picture Alan Rickman. Rickman is that good .
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Minion

Blog Entries

12 days! I'm so flippin excited!!!!!

• Minion

12 days! I'm so flippin excited!!!!!
    Me too. Especially after seeing that trailer. And in that trailer, there's something you could add to your avatar. Hermoine hits Ron in the arm with a textbook!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Me too. Especially after seeing that trailer. And in that trailer, there's something you could add to your avatar. Hermoine hits Ron in the arm with a textbook!

lol, yea, I wish I made the avatar. Naw I found it online. I wish I knew where I got it so I could find a new one!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast