Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Characters are my friends

Re: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - Review & Discussion Thread - Possible Spoi

I got my ticket for opening night next week. I can't wait!!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - Review & Discussion Thread - Possible Spoi

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

• Directly directed

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I thought the 5th one was the worst out of the series (longest book yet shortest movie. There's something wrong with that) and so I'd love for this one to be so much better than the 5th one. But, I more or less feel like you see the entire story in the trailer. Both of Draco's attempts, Harry confronting Snape, Quidditch victory, Voldemort's memories... All the major plot points are in the trailer. What's left?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this movie. I thought the 5th one was the worst out of the series (longest book yet shortest movie. There's something wrong with that) and so I'd love for this one to be so much better than the 5th one. But, I more or less feel like you see the entire story in the trailer. Both of Draco's attempts, Harry confronting Snape, Quidditch victory, Voldemort's memories... All the major plot points are in the trailer. What's left?
    Well, what's left is everything that was left out from the book. Deciding whether to go to a midnight show or first one in the morning.

I've got a 12:01AM and a 12:02AM showing at the Muvico in T.O. Get home about 3AM. Hmm. Sounds like a no.
    9:30AM in Simi Valley.
    Last edited by sediment; 07-06-2009 at 02:00 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I won passes to an advance screening Monday night! Yay!!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't like the 5th book at all, but I actually thought they did a pretty good job on the 5th movie. I am really looking forward to the 6th movie. It is my favorite book of the series. I am presently rereading the book, so the plot will be fresh in my mind. Hopefully, I won't compare too much. It will be nice to finally see the entire series come to the motion picture screen.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Is it wrong of me to feel honored and a lil giddy that ALIAS posted one of his/her news links in the thread I created?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post

Maybe they cut the 5th one up so much, they just couldn't put it back together again. Kinda like cutting an apple or a banana. Just doesn't stick.

Edited to add: I should also say that, I think it was on mugglenet.com, that the 6th movie is already getting "oscar like" reviews and that it could be one of the best yet. I do know that I read somewhere that it's supposed to be the funniest yet. That they found the balance between comedy and the dark story that the 6th book/movie has.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 07-06-2009 at 03:52 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Ok,

So I went to see Transformers 2 last night.

And among the trailers, the third one actually, was HBP.

All I can say about Half Blood Prince, from seeing the trailer I posted below, is 5 words.

The Bang before The Explosion!!!!!

YouTube - 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' Trailer 4 HD

I so cannot wait for this movie!!!

I had to watch the trailer again.

Deathly Hallows will by far be the best of them all, probably more so the second part than the first.

But from the looks of the trailer for HBP, I can't help to wonder how they will top that when they finish Deathly Hallows!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Here is some actual news:

'Harry Potter' Outpacing 'Transformers'
    in Advance Ticket Sales on Fandango

LOS ANGELES, July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The sixth Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,opens next week (on Wednesday, July 15) - but the film already represents 61% of daily ticket sales on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination.

Advance ticket sales for the new Potter movie are outpacing advance sales for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and the fifth Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, at the same point in those films' sales cycles (eight days before release date).

According to an ongoing Fandango survey of more than 3,000 moviegoers planning to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:

• 85% of respondents have read all seven of the Potter books.
    • 84% would be interested in visiting Potter locations from the new film.
    • 80% would buy a ticket to a Daniel Radcliffe movie in which he doesn't play Harry Potter.
    • 73% are fine with the fact that the last Potter story will be split into two separate movies.
    "Harry continues to be 'The Chosen One', especially among movie fans," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer for Fandango. "The Half-Blood Prince is turning out to be one of our fastest-selling titles of the year, and has consistently been a top-seller ever since tickets went on sale on June 17."

As a bonus, every Harry Potter advance ticket buyer on Fandango will receive a free music download of the song Friends and Love, from the film's soundtrack. Details of the promotion are available at www.fandango.com/promo/harrypotter.
    Fandango :: 'Harry Potter' Outpacing 'Transformers' in Advance Ticket Sales on Fandango
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rock Star Minion

Maybe they cut the 5th one up so much, they just couldn't put it back together again. Kinda like cutting an apple or a banana. Just doesn't stick.
    I agree. Problem really starts when "they" (writers, producers directors, JKR) have to decide what can be cut out, but it seems that they don't know what's too important to be cut. And that's because a lot of it is important for the following books. A simple cut like deciding not to show the kids cleaning Sirius's house in Movie 5 means now they have to figure out how to insert the unopenable locket somehow in Movie 7. I guess it's possible to cut the whole ministry scene and have Kreacher give it to them. That'll save 20 minutes of film (and two weeks of filming and millions of dollars in new sets).
    Edited to add: I should also say that, I think it was on mugglenet.com, that the 6th movie is already getting "oscar like" reviews and that it could be one of the best yet. I do know that I read somewhere that it's supposed to be the funniest yet. That they found the balance between comedy and the dark story that the 6th book/movie has.
    In short, it will be VERY different from the book. I'm not being tricked into thinking otherwise, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Here is some actual news:

'Harry Potter' Outpacing 'Transformers'
    in Advance Ticket Sales on Fandango

Fandango :: 'Harry Potter' Outpacing 'Transformers' in Advance Ticket Sales on Fandango
    Whaddya expect?! They delayed it for....how long?

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I won passes to an advance screening Monday night! Yay!!!!
    That's awsome!

I had to watch the trailer again.

Deathly Hallows will by far be the best of them all, probably more so the second part than the first.

But from the looks of the trailer for HBP, I can't help to wonder how they will top that when they finish Deathly Hallows!!
    Oh definitely! I think Deathly Hallows will be amazing (especially the final battle scene), but I am also really looking forward to HBP.

Whaddya expect?! They delayed it for....how long?
    Heh, exactly! It should have been out 8 months ago, and been out on dvd already.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Minion

It's days like today, that I'm happy we have things like HP and others to escape to, and leave reality behind.

Seeing that casket, just gave a finality to it all.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast