Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - Review & Discussion Thread - Possible Spoi

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    the reviews should be in a couple of hours away lol.
    My review has been up for more than a day

The scene I most wanted to see in a movie was the kids cleaning out the house in Book 5. I loved all that house stuff and was disappointed in the movie.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Re: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince - Review & Discussion Thread - Possible Spoi

Here's NNL's review thread.
    http://micechat.com/forums/movies/11...od-prince.html

I'm battling the flu right now. But if I feel strong enough tonight, I might just go see it.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 07-15-2009 at 02:14 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just returned from seeing the movie with my grandson. For the most part I enjoyed the movie. I went expecting it to be a lot different than the book, and it is indeed different. The basic story is still there, but the path to the end was so much different. So much was left out, and so much was changed. As I have said before. There is definitely two different stories being told here. One story in the pages of the books, and one on the screen. Both entertaining. Neither perfect by any means, but entertaining all the same.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

AD, that one is gonna stay - it's kinda like with Up - one thread more for reviews and one for more discussion
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    AD, that one is gonna stay - it's kinda like with Up - one thread more for reviews and one for more discussion

Edited.

• Goofy

i just saw the movie and it was great.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Overall...I loved aspects of it. But in the long run..I was simply astonished about the amount of things that got left out. No explanation for the Inferi was a big one, they just kind of show up...the person I went with is a Potter non-book reader, and they wanted to know why Dumbledore even knew about that cave, and what the monsters in the water where. It's mainly things like that, not explaining important things, that really bugged me. Also, I missed Bella interrogating Snape at Spinner's End. It could just be me knowing the overall arch, but I think they are too heavy handed in showing Snape has reluctance and perhaps isn't totally evil at this point.
    The attack on the burrow seemed to me to be mainly lacking in purpose, though the look on Molly's face at the end was touching and very sad, affecting, as well as the rest of the family. Otherwise..no one got hurt, no one suffered any consequences..it shows them as vulnerable, yes, but it feels like to me the director just wanted a extra action scene. And the lack of having the Death Eaters fight their way out of the school, just felt wrong..they kind of leisurely stroll along, with Bella breaking things, and only Harry notices? Right.

As for what I loved....Slughorn was excellent, and rather amusing in a tweedy professor sort of way. The reference to Regulus was very appreciated and unexpected. Narcissa's scene with Snape was very good, and I liked the added element of Draco trying to transport the birds via vanishing cabinet, excellent addition. Alan Rickman does not disappoint, as usual, though the half-blood prince revelation was just rushed in and not explained at all. Star performer of the film was Luna Lovegood, for me..insanely weird and endearing both, quite funny. The addition of the fish-bowl memory about Lily Potter was very sweet, and original...actually an improvement over the book, especially how Slughorn ends it with when the fish vanished...great, great concept. Those are just my thoughts. At this point, I am merely concerned when Deathly Hallows rolls around, they have painted themselves into too many narrative corners as far as not revealing crucial information earlier in the series goes...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Overall...I loved aspects of it. But in the long run..I was simply astonished about the amount of things that got left out. No explanation for the Inferi was a big one, they just kind of show up...the person I went with is a Potter non-book reader, and they wanted to know why Dumbledore even knew about that cave, and what the monsters in the water where. It's mainly things like that, not explaining important things, that really bugged me. Also, I missed Bella interrogating Snape at Spinner's End. It could just be me knowing the overall arch, but I think they are too heavy handed in showing Snape has reluctance and perhaps isn't totally evil at this point.
    The attack on the burrow seemed to me to be mainly lacking in purpose, though the look on Molly's face at the end was touching and very sad, affecting, as well as the rest of the family. Otherwise..no one got hurt, no one suffered any consequences..it shows them as vulnerable, yes, but it feels like to me the director just wanted a extra action scene. And the lack of having the Death Eaters fight their way out of the school, just felt wrong..they kind of leisurely stroll along, with Bella breaking things, and only Harry notices? Right.

As for what I loved....Slughorn was excellent, and rather amusing in a tweedy professor sort of way. The reference to Regulus was very appreciated and unexpected. Narcissa's scene with Snape was very good, and I liked the added element of Draco trying to transport the birds via vanishing cabinet, excellent addition. Alan Rickman does not disappoint, as usual, though the half-blood prince revelation was just rushed in and not explained at all. Star performer of the film was Luna Lovegood, for me..insanely weird and endearing both, quite funny. The addition of the fish-bowl memory about Lily Potter was very sweet, and original...actually an improvement over the book, especially how Slughorn ends it with when the fish vanished...great, great concept. Those are just my thoughts. At this point, I am merely concerned when Deathly Hallows rolls around, they have painted themselves into too many narrative corners as far as not revealing crucial information earlier in the series goes...
    Spoiler
    When I saw Molly's face, I was like "Don't worry Molly. Payback will be a cold bitch. And her name is.....Molly Weasley!" <referring to the final scene in book 7.)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Has Narcissa in any other movies? I swear she was played by somebody different, but I have also read this was the first movie she was in...
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Rock Star Minion

Has Narcissa in any other movies? I swear she was played by somebody different, but I have also read this was the first movie she was in...
    First movie. She was mentioned at the Quidditch World Cup in Book 4. I don't recall if there was a non-speaking appearance during the movie.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    First movie. She was mentioned at the Quidditch World Cup in Book 4. I don't recall if there was a non-speaking appearance during the movie.
    yeah, I was talking about the actress herself, not a mention of the character.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Characters are my friends

This was the actress's first movie. She originally was supposed to play Bellatrix, but had to drop out due to pregnancy.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Go DCA, Go! :D

^I personally love Helena as Bellatrix.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
    ^I personally love Helena as Bellatrix.
    For some reason though, when I was watching Bella in that scene with Cissy and Snape, I kept picturing Johnny Depp.

Not sure why though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456