Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Stalker

• Circle of Ancients

Night Stalker

ABC - Thurdays - 9 pm/8 central

I have never really looked forward to a TV show as much as I have Night Stalker. It really looks like a good show. It deals with a lot of things that interest me. The cast seems to work well and Kolchak's questions really make a person think about what this "thing" could be. I really enjoyed this show, and it is the only new series that I will be watching this year. I am hooked.

Did anyone else see tonight's episode?

Share your comments here.

• Waiting for the stork

Re: Night Stalker

I loved it! I can't wait to find out where they take this show...but so far I too am hooked.

It started out with a really good creepyness to it...
    and the mystery begins to unfold..

I think this will be one I watch.

so this season I have far to many shows to watch...

LOST, Night Stalker, invasion (I'm giving it 2 more episodes, if it doesn't pick up by then I give up). supernatural was a lot of fun (but I missed this weeks)

and I really want to see Commander in Chief (i think thats what it's called) but I missed the first episode....
    procrastibating

• Banned User

I remember the original night stalker. the guy wore a white suit and last night he had a cameo shot on this one. I loved it, all the crazy scary things on the show. I watched it last night, it was good but the old ones were awsome.i hope this one is as good as the original

• Happy Memories

I taped it and will be giving it a look tomorrow morning probably. I'm not overly excited, but I am curious. I know the original by reputation only. I understand it was a big influence on Chris Carter when creating X-Files. So that seems like enough to make it worth at least one look. I have mixed feelings about Stuart Townsend, but this seems like the genre where he is best suited.

• Minion

ORDDU: For those who didn't already know it, the creator of the original NIGHT STALKER just so happens to be Dan Curtis--who is better known for having also created the former 'spook opera', DARK SHADOWS.

• Disney Memory Maker

From the previews it looks like this is a great show (and my kind of show too). However, I didn't watch it because of 2 reasons.
    1) I have enough scary dramas to fill up my schedule
    and
    2) For the past 3 years, I have watched ABC dramas on Thursday nights and come to love them. 3 years ago, I watched Push, Nevada and absolutly loved it. I loved the mystery aspect of it. However, it tanked in the ratings and only lasted until midseason. 2 years ago, I watched Threat Matrix and again, I absolutly loved it. I loved the story lines because each one made me feel a little more patriotic (and the acting & writing was very good too). Once again, it tanked in the ratings and got canceled midseason. Last year I watch Life as We Know It. It wasn't as good as the previous 2 dramas, but I still liked it a little. Guess what? It tanked in the ratings (even moreso than the other 2) and got canceled midseason (are you noticing a trend here?). Last year mid-season, I watched Jake in Progress and really liked it. Guess what happened in the ratings? It didn't do well. The good news on this part is that the show will be aired again midseason, but if the ratings are the same, it will be cancelled. So now we come to this year...and I really don't want to get attached to another drama just to have it cancelled. The good news is that it did moderately well in the ratings (still not that high though).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• insufferable know-it-all

I can't help thinking of that serial murderer from the 80's. I keep thinking "boy, somebody's showing their local preferences there!"

(Ever notice how many shows are LA-centric? 90210, "the" OC, Laguna Beach (or whatever that MTV show is called) One of these days I'm sure they'll come up with a show called "Tarzana" or "Reseda" or "The Kids of Canoga Park" or some junk)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    From the previews it looks like this is a great show (and my kind of show too). However, I didn't watch it because of 2 reasons.
    1) I have enough scary dramas to fill up my schedule
    and
    2) For the past 3 years, I have watched ABC dramas on Thursday nights and come to love them. 3 years ago, I watched Push, Nevada and absolutly loved it. I loved the mystery aspect of it. However, it tanked in the ratings and only lasted until midseason. 2 years ago, I watched Threat Matrix and again, I absolutly loved it. I loved the story lines because each one made me feel a little more patriotic (and the acting & writing was very good too). Once again, it tanked in the ratings and got canceled midseason. Last year I watch Life as We Know It. It wasn't as good as the previous 2 dramas, but I still liked it a little. Guess what? It tanked in the ratings (even moreso than the other 2) and got canceled midseason (are you noticing a trend here?). Last year mid-season, I watched Jake in Progress and really liked it. Guess what happened in the ratings? It didn't do well. The good news on this part is that the show will be aired again midseason, but if the ratings are the same, it will be cancelled. So now we come to this year...and I really don't want to get attached to another drama just to have it cancelled. The good news is that it did moderately well in the ratings (still not that high though).

-Michael
    Don't take this personally....but please do not watch any of the new shows I like, I'd really like some of them to last at least through the seaon . Actually, I have the same luck, all the shows I get involved in always get cancelled.

I did watch Night Stalker last night and really liked it. I really hope it lasts a while. It was driving me crazy though, I knew I had seen the main guy (Stuart Townsend) in something else and finally looked it up and found out he was in a movie I really liked from a few years ago (Queen of the Damned) and was surprised to realize he was in League on Extraordinary Gentlemen.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan
    Don't take this personally....but please do not watch any of the new shows I like, I'd really like some of them to last at least through the seaon . Actually, I have the same luck, all the shows I get involved in always get cancelled.
    I think Thursday nights are cursed for ABC. They haven't had any highly rated show there since WWtbaM (not counting the Jackson special). I don't even know what the last highly rated scripted show was on thursdays for ABC. I know I can't be completely cursed because some of the shows I watch (like Whose Line) have lasted many seasons even though ratings are not extremely great (for instance WL starts its 8th season this monday). So although, I may or may not watch it, I do wish Night Stalker success (and hope it will break the Thursday night curse).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Maybe I should have tried this instead of Invasion.

I think I may give Invasion one more week, but if it doesn't pick up, I'm out.

So far I have to say that Supernatural is the best new show of this season. I may check out Night Stalker next week.

BTW, Alias is now on Thursday nights. It did well in the ratings last night as well.

Alias better not get cancelled now.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    BTW, Alias is now on Thursday nights. It did well in the ratings last night as well.

Alias better not get cancelled now.
    Although it didn't do bad, it didn't do that great either. It was 3rd in the ratings & in viewers (8 million). But worst of all, it came in at #5 in the coveted 18-49 demographic. Alias' strengh was always the demo. In the list of network tv shows (based on # of viewers) it would be in the 40s/50s (out of about 120 shows)

-Michael

• no flash photography...

ummm...just tghe title "night stalker" brings back terrible memories of the night stalker......as in during the 80's seriel killler guy.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

It's Good Night for Night Stalker
    Source: Zap2it
    November 14, 2005

ABC has cancelled its new series Night Stalker after six episodes that failed to find audiences up against CSI on Thursday nights.

Show creator Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files) announced the cancellation on his blog Sunday, and ABC confirmed Monday that the show was being pulled, effective this week.

"While I'm disappointed the series has come to an end, I am enormously grateful for the experience and the opportunity given me by the network and Touchstone Television," Spotnitz said.

In its six weeks on the air Night Stalker averaged just 5.2 million viewers and also struggled in the key adults 18-49 demographic. The update of the 1970s series starred Stuart Townsend as ghoul-hunting reporter Carl Kolchak and Gabrielle Union as his skeptical colleague.

Nine episodes of the show were filmed, but ABC has no plans to air the three that haven't aired yet. The first six episodes were also made available on iTunes.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan
    Actually, I have the same luck, all the shows I get involved in always get cancelled.
    See, I told you I'm cursed in the shows I pick to watch....now I'll never know who/or what killed the star's wife .

• done

Oh, bummer to hear about its cancellation. I enjoyed the show a lot, though I had to make sure to watch it in the daytime.

I started to get really annoyed with "Invasion", but it's gotten less annoying the last few episodes. My favorite new creepy show is "Threshold".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast