• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Newt' Pixar's next?

I stumbled across this bio of Pixar Story Artist Alex Woo and spotted this:

Since graduating from NYU’s Film/TV Production program, Alex Woo has worked on various TV shows and films, including The Venture Bros., Star Wars: Clone Wars, The New Frontier, Ratatouille, Your Friend the Rat, Wall-e, and the upcoming Pixar film Newt. Alex has also won numerous awards for his animated short “Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher”, including a Student Academy Award, a Director’s Guild of America Student Filmmaker Award, and a College TV Award (presented by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences) among others. Alex is currently working as a story artist on Brad Bird’s new film 1906.
    CG Overdrive 2009

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: 'Newt' Pixar's next?

good eye!

From an Apr. 8, 2008 posting on Slashfilm:

Summer 2011: newt marks the directing debut of multiple Academy Award winning sound designer Gary Rydstrom, who made his Pixar debut with the short film Lifted, which premiered in front of Ratatouille. What happens when the last remaining male and female blue-footed newts on the planet are forced together by science to save the species, and they can’t stand each other? Newt and Brooke embark on a perilous, unpredictable adventure and discover that finding a mate never goes as planned, even when you only have one choice. Love, it turns out, is not a science. Will be released in Disney Digital 3-D

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

oops...also saw this:

Christmas 2011: The Bear and the Bow is Pixar’s first fairy tale, from acclaimed filmmaker/writer Brenda Chapman (The Prince of Egypt). Chapman began as an additional animation artist on Who Framed Roger Rabbit and contributed story for The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Fantasia 2000, Chicken Run and Cars. A rugged and mythic Scotland is the setting for Pixar’s action-adventure “The Bear and the Bow.” The impetuous, tangle-haired Merida, though a daughter of royalty, would prefer to make her mark as a great archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Merida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father’s kingdom and her mother’s life. Merida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark, ancient curse to set things right. Director Brenda Chapman and the storytelling wizards of Pixar conjure humor, fantasy and excitement in this rich Highland tale. Will be released in Disney Digital 3-D

Newt is now scheduled as the 2012 offering.

Cars 2 and The Bear and the Bow will be their 2011 films.

ImagineerWarrior

• King of Los Angeles

I'm sure Pixar will surprise and delight as usual, but newt sounds so bla. I'm really looking forward to the Bear and the Bow. the concept sketch they have shown looks amazing.

Wow! Exciting ... but, I can safely say I've basically loved all of Pixar's creations. Can't wait.
    Sparrow, Johnson, Skellington, Black, White, ... Daniels. I just love Jack's!

P.S. You can always visit me on MySpace at: http://myspace.com/miisvegas.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    Newt is now scheduled as the 2012 offering.

Cars 2 and The Bear and the Bow will be their 2011 films.

ImagineerWarrior
    Awesome. Something to look forward to again.

Thank you for keeping everyone posted.