• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney XD sets records and grows audience

Disney XD Set Records Last Week

June 16, 2009

For Immediate Release :

Growing its Total Day audience for the 3rd consecutive week, this week ranked as Disney XD's most-watched week ever (includes Toon Disney) in Kids 6-14 (155,000) and Boys 6-14 (97,000), surging over year-ago levels (week of 6/9/08) by an impressive 45% (107,000) and 29% (75,000), respectively. In Total Viewers (300,000), this week was the net's 4th most-watched week of all time, increasing by a solid 13% year to year (266,000).

Powered by the "Phineas and Ferb" marathon (11:30 a.m. - 12 mid), Saturday, June 16, now stands as Disney XD's most-watched day off all time (includes Toon Disney) in Total Viewers (557,000), Kids 6-14 (271,000) and Boys 6-14 (164,000).

Since joining the net's lineup on 2/16/09 featuring original episodes, "Phineas and Ferb" accounts for Disney XD's Top 9 series telecasts in Total Viewers, with two of Saturday's marathon episodes ranking among the Top 5 ever (821,000 - 12:00 a.m.; 809,000 - 1:30 p.m.).

In target kid demos, featuring multiple airings of "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" and "The Suite Life on Deck," Disney XD delivered 8 of its Top 10 most-watched telecasts to date in Tweens 9-14, and 6 of its Top 10 in Kids 6-14 and Kids 6-11.

Disney XD is a basic cable channel and multi-platform brand that showcases a compelling mix of live-action and animated programming for Kids age 6-14, hyper-targeting boys and their quest for discovery, accomplishment, sports, adventure and humor. Disney XD branded content spans television, online, mobile and VOD platforms. The programming includes series, movies and short-form, as well as sports-themed programming developed with ESPN. In the U.S., Disney XD premiered on a 24-hour, advertiser supported network (formerly known as Toon Disney) that reaches over 72 million households via its basic cable affiliates.

Source: NMR, final national U.S. ratings, 6/8-6/14/09, Total Day, M-Su, 6 a.m.-6 a.m.). DXD telecast ranks exclude Toon Disney.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Disney XD sets records and grows audience

I was very saddened when they changed ToonDisney to DisneyXD. The giant corporation that was built on the shoulders of an animated mouse and that has millions of feet of animation in the vaults...hardly broadcasts any animation at all now. Especially classic Disney toons.

Re: Disney XD sets records and grows audience

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    I was very saddened when they changed ToonDisney to DisneyXD. The giant corporation that was built on the shoulders of an animated mouse and that has millions of feet of animation in the vaults...hardly broadcasts any animation at all now. Especially classic Disney toons.
    I agree so much. We had the channel before it made the switch, but I've refused to watch it since they do so. Still have the channel, but I'd rather get rid of it. I'd rather not encourage them to continue with it, you know?