Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 5

• Infinitized!

Re: Indiana Jones 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    aright. Im looking foward to it already.
    Me too! Already planning to see a midnight show!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I don't harbor very high hopes for Indy V but I'm glad it's coming because it means more action figures to collect. Hopefully Hasbro will manage the line better this time around.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I still think the biggest problem with the aliens was that there was no strong motivating factor for why. The Nazis wanted the Ark to use as a weapon and the Grail for eternal life. I missed the big why for getting the crystal skulls and then seeing the aliens.

I also think it would help if the new artifact was something more people knew about and could more easily identify with.

I thought it was pretty clear that she wanted all of their knowledge. I didn't really know anything about crystal skulls before I went in and I got that pretty well.

And as for Indy 5 or more, I'm fine with it. I love Indy movies. I heard it might have something to do with a "Unicorns hoof" or something...let me find the link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2009...vies_eo/129660

Forget for a moment that Shia LaBeouf says in a BBC interview, "I get to wake up and shake hands with mermaids and unicorns. I live in a fantasy world." The real news is what he reveals about a new Indiana Jones film.
    The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star says, "Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up."
    No title, no release date and probably no script—not to mention whether Harrison Ford will be passing the torch to Shia's Mutt—but the fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise is in the works. Woo-hoo! Let's all go shake hands with a unicorn.
    i must have read it when i was tired and got it jumbled, lol

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I don't harbor very high hopes for Indy V but I'm glad it's coming because it means more action figures to collect. Hopefully Hasbro will manage the line better this time around.
    LOL Same here. I hope they re-release the TOD wave better. I'm still looking for three figs from that wave. I also hope they could give us a re-sculpted Russian Soldier with screen acurate hat, and the wave that got cancelled that was to feature Toht.

I would very much like to see another Indy movie. I grant that Indy IV had its problems, but it was still really fun to watch! And for this type of movie, that's really all I care about. I'm not looking for something with critical acclaim, just something entertaining. That's what Indy IV gave me, that's all I want from Indy V.

"Do you want me to be like you or totally honest?"
    "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
    "I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing basically."

How about:
    Indiana Jones V: The Wrath of Khan

• Disappearing/Reappearing

another one?

I'm kinda iffy on another one. I LOVE Indy...but, the last one was pathetic. Aliens? Come on.

They should go back to look for REAL artifacts.

• The line's too long...

Hopefully no aliens, or inter-dimensional beings, and no Mutt Williams, or vine swinging.

I enjoyed 4 all the way up till we actually saw the aliens and their ship blasted out of the mountain. The implied moments of aliens with the whole crate in the secret warehouse for me was fun. But once I actually got a look at them I felt a bit dissapointed.

Personally I have no interest in following the Mutt character anywhere. I'm not really enjoying Shia's transformation into the default white guy action hero. Could he be Nick Cages replacement to this coveted position?

I'd rather see a big screen versions of the Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones show. It was enjoyable, kept the story in an interesting era, and kept the focus on the character we all care about, Indy. I know prequels have been way over done as of late and i'm not really a fan much my self of that tactic. But in this instance I feel it's a better option than following a greaser kid through the jungle with his father dawdling along as comic relief.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I still think the biggest problem with the aliens was that there was no strong motivating factor for why. The Nazis wanted the Ark to use as a weapon and the Grail for eternal life. I missed the big why for getting the crystal skulls and then seeing the aliens.

I also think it would help if the new artifact was something more people knew about and could more easily identify with.
    As was mentioend above by krystledm I think it was pretty clear. At least it was to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aduecey View Post
    I'd rather see a big screen versions of the Adventures of the Young Indiana Jones show. It was enjoyable, kept the story in an interesting era, and kept the focus on the character we all care about, Indy. I know prequels have been way over done as of late and i'm not really a fan much my self of that tactic. But in this instance I feel it's a better option than following a greaser kid through the jungle with his father dawdling along as comic relief.
    I like that idea.

I really wish they would have gotten Indy IV off the ground when it was rumored that Breden Fraser was going to take over for Harrison Ford. I think he would have been a much better replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I really wish they would have gotten Indy IV off the ground when it was rumored that Breden Fraser was going to take over for Harrison Ford. I think he would have been a much better replacement.
    I think your spot on with Breden Fraser. He's a good rough and tumble action guy while still being very likeable and funny. Humors alway been such an important part of the jones flicks and Fraser could lend well to that.

I feel like he's one of those actors that doesn't alway wind up in the best movies. But when he does wind up in a decent flick the man shines.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I loved Indy 4. The aliens did throw me for a loop, but I still was highly entertained. I would love to see an Indy 5. Keeping my mind open!

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Indiana Jones 4 was a great movie until the end with the aliens...i couldn't stand the alien thing it was so stupid...all the sudden you felt like you were in Star Wars instead of Indiana Jones. If they do a fifth one I will definately see it, but I hope the aliens will be a no show.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I stood in line for the opening of Raider of the Lost Ark when I was a kid, and have enjoyed all the movies in the theater. I enjoyed the 4th movie, though I can't say as much as some of the older films, but I didn't have any real problems with the last film. I'd look forward to a 5th Indy film.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Indiana Jones 4 was a great movie until the end with the aliens...i couldn't stand the alien thing it was so stupid...all the sudden you felt like you were in Star Wars instead of Indiana Jones. If they do a fifth one I will definately see it, but I hope the aliens will be a no show.
    The alien aspect turned off a lot of people. I think two alternatives to the ending would've been better:
    • My first idea is that the skull would've been an actual alien relic, rather than the alien's actual skull.
    • My second idea would've been that the so called relic turned out to be a an elaborate hoax, just like some of the real crystal skulls were proved to be in real life.
    The aliens didn't bother me too much, but I would've prefered if they were just mentioned or implied rather than actually showing them. I also didn't get why the skeletons morphed into one alien at the end - didn't really make sense and this is where it lacked in some explanation (kind of like in Raiders where they weren't supposed to look at the Ark - it was explained in a scene, but that scene was cut from the final product).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast