Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 5

• Infinitized!

Indiana Jones 5

Fansites are abuzz with Indiana Jones 5 news. Empire summed it up in this article:
    Empire: Movie News - Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go!

The hat is officially out of the bag. On Monday Shia Labeouf let slip that a follow up to Indiana Jones And The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was on the cards and now Frank Marshall has pretty much confirmed it, suggesting that Indy V could be approaching the pencil-chewing script development stage.
    And here's the BBC video where Shia Labeouf mentions it while promoting Transformers 2:
    BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Shia LaBeouf talks Transformers and Indy 5

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Indiana Jones 5

They didn't introduce "Mutt" just for the heck of it...they had a whole lot of Indy:The Next Generation films in mind.

I just hope that if they do them, they do them right. I'm still 'eh' about Indy4.

• Seasick

Indy 4 was entertaining, and a blast, despite its many many flaws, imo.

I'd love to see an Indy 5, but considering how long it took them to get the last one off the ground, I'm skeptical.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm an Indy fan, as long at the keep it kitschy and fun, I'll be happy. I don't want my Indy films to be art, I want them to be a visual roller coaster ride!

If they do that, they story can take place in a cave, jungle, outer space, or a three ring circus. But please include lots of supernatural elements, dangerous natives, funny sidekicks, breathlessly fast scene transitions, and an evil genius who always seems to be one step ahead of the hero.

Hooray for a new Indy!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Golden State of Mind

Frank Marshall confirmed it.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Indy 4 was entertaining, and a blast, despite its many many flaws, imo.

I'd love to see an Indy 5, but considering how long it took them to get the last one off the ground, I'm skeptical.
    I think I enjoyed 75% of Indy 4. I think the weakest segment was the jungle chase. They gave us a cool new vehicle, the Jungle Cutter, but it hardly got any screen time. Instead of fighting a bad guy on it and getting munched up by the chipper (this could've been the gore segment for this movie, like Pat Roach's scenes in Raiders with the flying wing and in Temple with the rock crusher), Indy blows it up with a bazooka. Not to mention the fencing between two vehicles and the monkey/Tarzan swinging.

I didn't mind the alien aspect, which seemed to turn a lot of people off. Lucas and Speilberg were just paying homage to 50s B movies and Graham Hancock (Fingerprints of the Gods) and Erich Von Daniken (Chariots of the Gods).

Here's hoping they do a great job with Indy 5. I hope to see some characters return like Short Round, Jock, and Sallah. I wouldn't mind seeing Oxley return and give him a better role than being a "stoned hippy" throughout the movie.

I wonder what MacGuffin they'll give us this time? There's some speculation on Indiana Jones fan boards that it might be Moses' staff which is featured in the new video game that just came out. There was supposed to be a novel coming out based on the game and it mysteriously got cancelled recently (read my post here about it: http://micechat.com/forums/books/117...cancelled.html). Apparently there was supposed to be a scene in Indy IV with the staff and it got cut. If you watch one of the featurettes on disc 2 of the Indy 4 DVD you will see it. Lucas has cut/modified stuff in the Indy universe before, for instance the George Hall Old Indy bookends in the Young Indiana Jones Adventures were removed. In one of those bookends Old Indy mentioned he had a daughter, but, Lucas ended-up giving Indy's offspring a sex change and we got Mutt in Indy 4.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Oh God please no!!!! As much as I am a huge Indy fan, I was greatly disappointed in the last one. No Salah??!! Come on what type of Garbage is that??!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I think I enjoyed 75% of Indy 4. I think the weakest segment was the jungle chase. They gave us a cool new vehicle, the Jungle Cutter, but it hardly got any screen time. Instead of fighting a bad guy on it and getting munched up by the chipper (this could've been the gore segment for this movie, like Pat Roach's scenes in Raiders with the flying wing and in Temple with the rock crusher), Indy blows it up with a bazooka. Not to mention the fencing between two vehicles and the monkey/Tarzan swinging.
    I think the jungle cutter existed solely to allow a chase through the jungle. It was just a way to justify lengthy stretches of road in the jungle. I thought the overall segment was a highlight though.

I didn't mind the alien aspect, which seemed to turn a lot of people off. Lucas and Speilberg were just paying homage to 50s B movies and Graham Hancock (Fingerprints of the Gods) and Erich Von Daniken (Chariots of the Gods).
    I was fine with the aliens as well. People who complain that aliens are not appropriate in an Indy movie don't realize that the Indy movies are meant to pay homage to films of the past, silly or not.

Here's hoping they do a great job with Indy 5. I hope to see some characters return like Short Round, Jock, and Sallah. I wouldn't mind seeing Oxley return and give him a better role than being a "stoned hippy" throughout the movie.
    I'd like to see Sallah again. Marion for sure as well, Oxley could be good too.

I wonder what MacGuffin they'll give us this time? There's some speculation on Indiana Jones fan boards that it might be Moses' staff which is featured in the new video game that just came out. There was supposed to be a novel coming out based on the game and it mysteriously got cancelled recently.
    I can't see them basing a movie on a game at all. The same rumours happened on Indy 4, that they'd borrow the Atlantis plot from the game. In any case, I want an original idea.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Infinitized!

The original deal with Paramount was for Raiders and four sequels, so the 5th movie may wrap-up the series. However, I am hoping they also give us a 6th. Rather than just two movies, a 2nd trilogy just sounds/feels better.

Just like the Star Wars films, eh? I say quit while you're ahead. Indy 4 blew chunks the moment they left the warehouse

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They ruined the Series with IV. Blech. And I'm one that couldn't stand the "Alien" sub plot. The movies were better based in the 30's and 40's. Didn't care for the Indy of the 1950's. And Shia was good in Even Stevens, but not in Indy 4. If that's suppose to be the draw of 5, 6, . . . After seeing where they turned at 4, I'm giving up on Indy.

I'd rather see More of Captain Jack with his jungle natives, than Shia with his jungle natives.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I'd rather see More of Captain Jack with his jungle natives, than Shia with his jungle natives.
    As it says over at aintitcool:
    Though the excuse for making this fifth film is that they all had a blast making the fourth, I hope the true motivating factor is "We're sorry, and we can do better."

Frank Marshall Updates On INDY 5! The Script Is "Progressing"! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I didn't mind it either. Indy 4 had all of those "Indy" elements. Great chases, gross out scenes, big-bad villians and something straight out of old hollywood.

The biggest issue was the jungle swinging bit for me. Other than that I found Indy 4 to be most entertaining.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I still think the biggest problem with the aliens was that there was no strong motivating factor for why. The Nazis wanted the Ark to use as a weapon and the Grail for eternal life. I missed the big why for getting the crystal skulls and then seeing the aliens.

I also think it would help if the new artifact was something more people knew about and could more easily identify with.

• Goofy

aright. Im looking foward to it already.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast