Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek....

• Banned User

Star Trek....

Have you watched the shows throughout the years... Are you a treckie....

Do you know how to make warp 9.975 or even warp 10!!!!

Talk about the doomed show.... (Down wih UPN!!!!)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Sorry, never got into Star Trek. Star Wars on the other hand...... I would still love to see a Chewbacca v.s. Wordf Celebrity Death MAtch
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• /sigh

Trekie here. TNG only...everything else is tribble.

Drink of choice: tea, earl grey, hot.
    ~boy i'm a nerd!!!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Have you watched the shows throughout the years... Are you a treckie....

Do you know how to make warp 9.975 or even warp 10!!!!

Talk about the doomed show.... (Down wih UPN!!!!)

If you're talking about Enterprise.....it had to go. The franchise needs a rest.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Trekie here. TNG only...everything else is tribble.

Drink of choice: tea, earl grey, hot.
    ~boy i'm a nerd!!!
    I agree TNG was better, I guess i'm a trekkie. Only during this series. Ihad friends over with a video projector with a movie screen. We would do this for the first episode of the season and the last episode. I liked Picard because he could "almost" negotiate himself out of anything. Kirk was a bad a** he always like to fight.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I agree TNG was better, I guess i'm a trekkie. Only during this series. Ihad friends over with a video projector with a movie screen. We would do this for the first episode of the season and the last episode. I liked Picard because he could "almost" negotiate himself out of anything. Kirk was a bad a** he always like to fight.
    TNG was everything the classic show could have been had it not been cancelled. DS9 looked at the darker side of the Trekiverse (and wow....what a look). Voyager was an idea that had potential, but the wrong storytellers.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Banned User

I don't do science fiction. Except for Mars Attacks.

And thank you, figment for living up to my stereotype I set for you back in this post:
    http://www.micechat.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=14

Kinda funny...

• He's a tramp...

I love Star Trek:Voyager, but never really got into the other series. I do like the movies featuring TNG cast.
    Do you remember your imagination?
    When Neverland was your destination.
    Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
    Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

• Banned User

Voyager....

Seven....

Nuff said.........

I loved The Next Generation. Not so much that I can magically afford to own the series on DVD, but I loved it. Data. Lore. Data / Lore love fest. The grand annoyance that was Q. Wesley Mary Sue. Poor Wesley. 10 Forward. Data's android daughter. Captain Picard's Early Grey...hot. A show with a writing staff with a large vocabulary.

I really wish I'd been out of school when DS9 was on 'cause I missed most of it and from what I hear it got really, really good. Oh, Odo. Oh, Quark! You two made me laugh. I may have to Netflix DS9 after I'm done with Farscape. I dug the Cardassians. Am I spelling that correctly?

Voyager? Oddly enough, when it first began, I really liked all of the characters. I could barely stomach the final season, though. But for a good long while I had a big fat girl crush on Seven.

Enterprise? Meh. Not a huge fan. I gave it a try. And, still, even after barely watching it, I still keep tabs on Trip and T'Pol. How LAME is that? Lame, I know. But I actually read eppy info to see what's going on between them, even though I don't really watch the show anymore and have missed this season entirely.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

I'm pretty much a fan of the movies, the original series, TNG, and DS9. I watched Voyager until the end, but I could never get into Enterprise.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• Que que no-tu-rah.

ST: TNG is by far my favorite of the series. None of them come close to it's amazing heights.

Next would be Voyager, but it's a very distant second. Mainly it's second becaus eof Janeway and Seven. But this show show had way too many stinkers.

DSP is third. I never liked Sisko (Avery was so mannered in his speech) and the characters though interesting never ignited my imagination. Mainly dull for me.

Star Trek (the original) is fourth on my list. It might be heresy but I never liked this show much. We owe every to it, and it broke a lot of ground, but I can barely make it through a single episode. Even wehn I was a kid watching it in re-runs I didn't get it.

Enterprise (if I have to count it at all) is dead last. Barely a redeeming qulaity in it. I watched the first three episodes and never saw it again. Awful.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• My Children's Father

I am a Trekker. In order of preferrence:

1. TNG
    2. Original
    3. Voyager
    4. DS9
    5. Enterprise

I think the latter ones suffered from not having Gene Roddenberry's input. Cheap sets and hokey 60's era special effects keep the original from achieving greatness, but the stories and chacters were great.

I have often thought Disney should work something out with Paramount to use Trek in Tomorrowland ... I know that may be heresy to some, but think of the opportunities ... an optimistic future set so far in the future that we wouldn't have to worry about it becoming dated (think Innoventions, subs, Rocket to the Moon, Monorail) ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I was a huge fan of both TNG and Voyager. Loved all the characters and storylines. I tried to get into Enterprise and liked the first season. I thought the characters were good but then they started with the Zindi (sp?) and I got bored. I much prefer different storylines each week instead of an ongoing storyline. I think the problem with this show was the lack of interaction with different species. Sorry, but DS9, I just didn't like the characters and I'll probably get crucified for this, but I just can't take the original...too corny.

Long time Trekkie, and my order of preference:

TOS: Nothing tops the original crew.

DS9: Great characters, terrific stories.

Enterprise: Great show (with the exception of "safe" season 2), the last two seasons have been fantastic. New producer Manny Coto has injected some much needed new blood into the franchise, unfortunately too late.

TNG: "These are the voyades of the Intergalactic Hilton in space... oops I mean Enterprise. This show has not aged well.. very 80's and way too PC... Roddenberry had clearly gone off the deep end (the reason most of the key staff like D.C. Fontana, David Gerrold, Melinda Snodgrass, and Tracy Torme jumped ship during seasons 1 & 2). Show hit it's stride during seasons 4-5, then cast took over and began their "creative input"... wow "Le Bad Cinema"

Voyager: Interesting premise ruined by a creative team that took absolutely no chances. But Jerry Ryan was nice eye candy.

Yancy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast