View Poll Results: Michael Jackson's London Comeback Tour - Cancel or Make it A Tribute Concert?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Idea - Make it An All Star Tribute Concert, with A Tour!!

8 26.67%
  • Cancel the Concert - Refund the Tickets

12 40.00%
  • Make it A Tribute Concert, but no tour.

8 26.67%
  • Not Sure

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Poll - Michael Jackson's London Concert - Cancel, or Huge Tribute Concert?

All I know is that if they do a tribute concert for him, I would love to see the Jackson 5 play some of their hits, with Janet peforming in Michael's place, singing songs like "I'll Be There" and others. But I'm sure that might be an emotional moment for Janet if she sings that song with her brothers. There won't be a dry eye at the place.

• Minion

I don't think it would be fair to substitute shows without offering the option of refund.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I don't think it would be fair to substitute shows without offering the option of refund.

If they asked all ticket holders, that if they'd rather have a refund, or attend a tribute concert in memory of Michael, with list of superstars performing at said concert, I am sure many would say they'd want the concert.

But it's as Dusty said earlier, it would be good for them to refund the tickets, and allow others the chance to purchase tickets to a tribute concert if they decide to do one.

• Banned User

If I'd paid to see Michael Jackson, I'd want a refund. Not a gathering of others singing his songs. And, like someone else said, Jackson was doing 50 shows....those others won't be doing that.

Just give the folks their money back. The man is deceased.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I think they should make a tribute tour, but also offer the refund for those not interested.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    If I'd paid to see Michael Jackson, I'd want a refund. Not a gathering of others singing his songs. And, like someone else said, Jackson was doing 50 shows....those others won't be doing that.

Not even in a tribute format, eh, like a single concert?

• Senior Minion

I think a tribute show would be a great idea, 50 of them though?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Banned User

I voted for a refund. People who don't get the refund will be able to make a mint off their unused tickets from eBay.

A tribute show and/or tour is just cheesy, and not worth the money.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by golden redhead View Post
    Apparently he's deep in debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post

In debt to the tune of $400 million... He was the poster child for "spending beyond your means".

Yes, nothing short of a full refund.

According to the news, full refunds will be given to all ticket purchasers. The promotion company will lose approximatley $110 million dollars in hard costs and untold millions in potential profit loss due to the cancellations.

But to be on the safe side, if I purchased tickets, I'd file a dispute with my credit card company right now (and hope it's not beyond the 60 days).

Just in case...

And his kids will be well taken care of. As with Elvis, many millions will be made in the future. Hopefully, after the debts are paid, the person in charge of the estate will make sure to secure the kids' financial future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12