View Poll Results: Michael Jackson's London Comeback Tour - Cancel or Make it A Tribute Concert?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Idea - Make it An All Star Tribute Concert, with A Tour!!

8 26.67%
  • Cancel the Concert - Refund the Tickets

12 40.00%
  • Make it A Tribute Concert, but no tour.

8 26.67%
  • Not Sure

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Poll - Michael Jackson's London Concert - Cancel, or Huge Tribute Concert?

With the passing of the legend, the icon, the King of Pop, the one and only Michael Jackson, a lot of questions arise.

One in particular came to my mind when seeing the local news reports. A woman here in Hollywood was interviewed briefly, and who's sister is in Ireland. Both of them have tickets to the London concert.

So the question came to mind, what to do with all of those that already have tickets. What to do with the concert.

I have an excellent idea. Instead of a concert that featured the legend performing his songs, how about some of music's greatest acts and performers - such as Usher, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas, - performing some of Michael's greatest songs. And perhaps to go along with Michael's plan, maybe they could take it on tour for the same timeframe that Michael's tour was supposed to be.

And perhaps, to give it extra meaning, the proceeds can go to either a charity that would've been Michael's choice, or to benefit Michael's kids who now will no longer have their father in their lives.

What do you all think? Workable idea? And if so, what acts, groups, or singers would you like to see there? Share your ideas.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Poll - Michael Jackson's London Concert - Cancel, or Huge Tribute Concert?

Um...he had scheduled about 50 shows from what I heard. While I hardly doubt there will be a tribute done at some point, I find it hard to believe they would even consider 50 of them.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I think a superstar tribute concert featuring his industry friends would be fitting. The logistics of sending a group of busy iconic performers an an extended tour would be almost impossible. Run the tribute in live sync at theaters.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Returning to DL 2/29

It is a sad day I think that the proceeds of the concert should go to charities
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Empress of Randomness

I had tickets for one of his concerts next February. All i can imagine happening is a full refund... Its very very unlikely 50 tribute shows would replace the concerts.

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    I have an excellent idea. Instead of a concert that featured the legend performing his songs, how about some of music's greatest acts and performers - such as Usher, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas, - performing some of Michael's greatest songs. And perhaps to go along with Michael's plan, maybe they could take it on tour for the same timeframe that Michael's tour was supposed to be.

And perhaps, to give it extra meaning, the proceeds can go to either a charity that would've been Michael's choice, or to benefit Michael's kids who now will no longer have their father in their lives.

What do you all think? Workable idea? And if so, what acts, groups, or singers would you like to see there? Share your ideas.
    So you would suggest that these stars perform 50 shows for free? I don't think anyone would do that.

1 tribute show to charity, OK, workable.

But I also do not agree with the proceeds going to benefit Michael's kids. Don't they already have enough money? How will a little more benefit them and make up for the loss of their father?
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Circle of Ancients

How can you have a 50-night tribute concert?

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

Yes, good idea.

However, it's not likely going to happen. Most top level entertainers don't play for free - not even for charity events.

Gut feeling (having worked in the concert industry for years) is that the promoters are going to take the money and run. It has been reported that they had the first 20 shows insured for cancellation, but not the next 30. The situation is further complicated by having resellers selling the tickets. I think you do get a refund if you purchased tickets through Ticketmaster though.

Personally, I wouldn't even expect a refund at this point. Some will get their money, most won't.

I'd love to see the fine print on those tickets.
    Last edited by M-Theory; 06-26-2009 at 10:11 AM.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Well have to wait for the autopsy report
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• WDW CM & HM fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Don't they already have enough money? How will a little more benefit them and make up for the loss of their father?
    Apparently he's deep in debt. Their biggest problem is who's going to take care of them? Debbie Rowe signed away her rights to her two twice, and Mrs. jackson is apparently ailing or something.....

Michael was a great entertainer and will be missed. I have loved his music since the early 70s (I took out my Jackson 5 album last night, rest are packed away), although I am not crazy about his post-Bad stuff.

Rest in Peace, Michael! Here's hoping you are getting some normalcy wher you are - what you never got while you were here.
    AKA doombuggy
    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani

• Minion

I wasn't aware that there were 50 shows, and no, I don't expect any of the entertainers to play for free, let alone be able to do it with scheduling.

But it was just a thought.

But as the saying goes, anything is possible.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

A tribute show is a great idea and I hope they put one together. However, people should be refunded their money and then allowed to buy tickets for the tribute if they desire, rather than being forced into it.

50 show sure is a lot of tickets to refund. I wonder if it is even possible. I'm sure they've spent a big chunk of that money on the production and marketing already.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rock Star Minion

Tickets will be refunded, according to reports.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    A tribute show is a great idea and I hope they put one together. However, people should be refunded their money and then allowed to buy tickets for the tribute if they desire, rather than being forced into it.

50 show sure is a lot of tickets to refund. I wonder if it is even possible. I'm sure they've spent a big chunk of that money on the production and marketing already.
    And that said, Los Angeles, not London, would be a more appropriate venue.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    How can you have a 50-night tribute concert?
    Ask Aashee how he does it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast