View Poll Results: What Should The Fate of Michael's Neverland Valley Ranch Be?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Place Michael's Gravesite There on the Property

3 25.00%
  • Open A Memorial Library On Site

0 0%
  • Open A Memorial Museum On Site

3 25.00%
  • Open A World Class Memorial Childrens Hospital & Research Facility On Site

2 16.67%
  • Build A "Heal The World Foundation" Center on Site

2 16.67%
  • Turn It Into A Recreational Park

0 0%
  • All of the Above

1 8.33%
  • None of the Above

3 25.00%
  • Not Sure/I Have No Opinion

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Idea & Opinion Poll - The Fate of Neverland Valley Ranch - What Should Happen To It?

Hello all.....

I know I've been one to post quite a few polls on here lately, mostly just a bunch of interesting entertainment topics.

But this one is more about an idea I had and I'm curious about what others would think about it. I mentioned this on the other Jackson thread, but I think it got sorta missed in the rapid movement of that thread.

To briefly explain what brought me to this idea, I heard on local news last night that 3 of Michael's brothers paid a visit to the Neverland Valley Ranch during the weekend to view some of Michael's things before it goes up for auction. The entire ranch is also expected to be auctioned off sometime in the future and an idea came to me that would better serve the fate of the ranch that Michael called home.

Part of me thinks they should turn the ranch into a place of memorial, similiar what they do with the birthplaces of past presidents. One, perhaps they could place his body there. That was where Michael felt truely at home, it was where he escaped the real world and it's pressures that were thrown at him. Not sure if they could place a library, but maybe either a museum or perhaps even a fully dedicated, fully staffed, and technological children's hospital and medical facility, built in Michael's name, and in his memory. If they were to go with the hospital idea, perhaps Michael's body could still be on site, a marked gravesite, perhaps an "eternal" torch. But the hospital, in my opinion, is a good idea. Michael loved children, he loved their innocence, and he wanted children to be happy. I guess he felt that his childhood was taken from him. The facility could perhaps also be a place that would be a home for terminally ill children, where they could go to Neverland, not worry about pain or death, and live out the remains of their lives happy and care free.

There is only one thing I see that would make this a bad idea. It would be too easy to "cash in" or exploit. If it became a memorial, or a museum, fans from all over would flock to the site, to see the ranch that they could only see on tv, among other things. And to put up some sort of control over the amount of visitors to the site, they would naturally have to charge for those to come in, which could mean ever increasing ticket prices throughout the long haul. And if the amusement park that Michael had built were to remain on site, then the place could become another Disneyland. I wouldn't want this to happen and tarnish Michael's name or his home. Granted, any proceeds could go back to the estate (once building costs are covered). Maybe there could also be a place, a discovery institute, a center where "students" of all ages can go. Be in a place where they can feel Michael there in spirit, and still be inspired to "Heal The World" in any way that they feel they can contribute in. Discover their inner music talent within them, learn ways that they can help with the environment, and other ways to help make this world a better place. Taking Michael's music, and it's words to heart, and his humanitarian efforts a step further. He already created the "Heal The World Foundation" in 1992. Perhaps have a Heal The World Foundation Institute on the ranch.

And I still stand behind the hospital and medical facility idea. A fully staffed, fully functional, and technologically updated children's hospital and medical center, dubbed the Michael Jackson Neverland Valley Medical Center (unless there is a better name for it). Despite his insecurities, his past controversies, his bad choices & way of life outside of music, and anything that was accused, but never proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, this medical center, if were to come to fruition, it would be a long lasting tribute to Michael's name, his legacy, and what he brought to this world.

I guess the only hurdle would be the financial one, getting past building costs, and the huge debt that Michael's estate was in before he passed away.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Idea & Opinion Poll - The Fate of Neverland Valley Ranch - What Should Happen To

I think it needs to be sold to cover his debt. Not a good thing to pass on to family.

• Minion

Re: Idea & Opinion Poll - The Fate of Neverland Valley Ranch - What Should Happen To

I just wish that debt could be covered somehow. I was reading online last night, that Michael gave and gave so much. Now I'm not sure if it was all that giving, taking priority over other financial responsibilities or not, that led up to his financial troubles. But I guess it would be a miracle if the charities that Michael gave to, somehow gave back and repaid his contributions, to help his legacy, and in the long run, Michael's kids.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I am actually reading an article about the estate as we speak. It says he has quite a bit tied up in companies and assets.

Battle to control Jackson's fortune begins - Yahoo! News
    At stake is Jackson's 50 percent ownership in Sony/ATV Music Publishing, a company itself estimated to be worth $2 billion; Jackson's own recordings and songwriting rights, which could be worth more than $150 million; and his joint ownership of the Neverland ranch.
    A big part of determining what the estate is worth — and how much it owes in taxes — will depend on how much Jackson owed to creditors. Estimates put the tally around $400 million.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Hmmm? A memorial library? He doesn't seem the bookworm type to me... and last time I checked he wasn't President of the United States... I'm just sayin'...

• Banned User

He owns the Beatles catalog and I'd LOVE for that to be bought back by Paul McCartney.

• Banned User

sell the property, bulldoze neverland ranch, and the proceeds should go to preventing child abuse and elderly abuse

• Sock Puppet

Sell everything off to pay his debts.

Then the balance should be put into a trust to care for his (and I use that term loosely) kids.

Supposedly, he has about 100 never before released songs in storage to use as a financial tool for his estate.

If they can be worth anything, they should be sold too.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    He owns the Beatles catalog and I'd LOVE for that to be bought back by Paul McCartney.

Yep!

• Minion

It was said on local news tonight that after his body is brought back to the ranch, it's unsure what will happen. If he is to be laid to rest at the ranch, he will have to be creamated per state law. I forget who it was, but there was one person, not a fan, but someone of some importance said he would like to see the ranch turned into a memorial of sorts in honor of Michael.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sell it and give the money to his kids. Then just raze it. Get rid of all the negative energy, bad karma, whatever you want to call it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sock Puppet

The family hasn't even obtained a permit to have the funeral there, let alone follow the rules for burying a body on the property.

And shouldn't the property be OWNED by the person wanting to be buried there???

Last I heard, it was taken over by the banks/investors and MJ only had a small slice of it.

Though maybe his slice is just big enough for a grave site???

With the services recently being announced, get ready for 24/7 coverage on ALL TV channels for the next few days. I can just see the 50 or so helicopters following the parade from LA up to Santa Barbara.

It will definitely be a "show"...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    The family hasn't even obtained a permit to have the funeral there, let alone follow the rules for burying a body on the property.

And shouldn't the property be OWNED by the person wanting to be buried there???

Last I heard, it was taken over by the banks/investors and MJ only had a small slice of it.

Though maybe his slice is just big enough for a grave site???

With the services recently being announced, get ready for 24/7 coverage on ALL TV channels for the next few days. I can just see the 50 or so helicopters following the parade from LA up to Santa Barbara.

It will definitely be a "show"...

It shouldn't be anymore of a circus or a show then when JFK or Princess Diana died. They were loved by everyone, and died tragically. Showing coverage of their procession is basically the last chance for everyone to see them before they're permanently laid to rest. Only, the media wasn't as technologically advanced when JFK died, as they are today. So I'm sure back then, you wouldn't have seen a dozen helicopters hovering overhead.

• An Individual

Well, in a brilliant real estate move, he DID own part of Neverland, he transferred title to a holding company and retained a 50% interest.

His estate will end up like Elvis's, he's worth more dead than alive.

And the memorial service on Friday is a no-go, as for burial, he's still in the L.A. area. Rumor has it he's staying here, at least for awhile.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I think it needs to be sold to cover his debt. Not a good thing to pass on to family.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Sell everything off to pay his debts.

Then the balance should be put into a trust to care for his (and I use that term loosely) kids.

Supposedly, he has about 100 never before released songs in storage to use as a financial tool for his estate.

If they can be worth anything, they should be sold too.
    I agree, sell it off, pay off his debt that he owes ( and I am assuming everyone he ever bought from or had working for him ) and put the rest in trust for the kids. Forget letting his parents have it, joe abused him badly and the old lady let him!!I say the kids get it all at 21 if there is money to get.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast