Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• D23 Lover!

Re: Disney at Comic-Con 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Haha, don't worry too much if Tim Burton doesn't show up. There will be PLENTY else to see and do there. If you can get IN to them! I'm so frightened at how crazy this is going to be.
    I don't know. For some reason I don't think it will be too crazy. First, it is one of the first events on Thursday, and I figure that a chunk of the 4-day pass people might not come until later Thursday or even Friday. Actually, we were going to show up sometime Thursday afternoon/evening until this was announced. Second, I can't imagine the majority of Comic-Con goers as huge Disney fans. Maybe that's just a stereo-type, but most of the people I know that go to these things don't really obsess the same way that I do.

I'm more worried about getting into the Sci-fi TV show panels like Dollhouse, Lost, and Heroes.

A lot of people get in the room and stay in there for other the whole day. Hall H is the big movie hall. What some people do is just get as good as seat as they can for earlier panels and when people leave after panels they move up to better seats. They are doing the Twilight preview in the same room later that day. And last year people were really excited about the Twilight preview, I assume this year will be the same.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    I don't know. For some reason I don't think it will be too crazy. First, it is one of the first events on Thursday, and I figure that a chunk of the 4-day pass people might not come until later Thursday or even Friday.
    Haha no, it doesn't work that way. People get 4 day passes because it gives them the early preview night on WEDNESDAY. Fourday pass people come for the WHOLE thing. If anything, they'd leave earlier on sunday.

And this whole con is completely sold out. Everyday has the same amount of tickets sold. I wouldn't count on people to come late.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sshhh, being very quiet

well, I'm prepared to put a "leash" on my five year old and enjoy what I can! I'm excited!

• Halloween Haunt Fan!

I have been going to comic con for years, since i was 6 i believe and i almost 20!!! Anyway i have never done a panel and i was wondering is it worth it to go to a panel or should spend my time elsewhere? They seem kinda intense lol i'm not sure.
    Counting down the days to Halloween Haunt!!!! Knotts Berry Farm
    I love True Blood sundays!

Yesterday only the Thursday schedule was posted on their website, but they now have the Friday schedule posted. And Disney is doing a panel on Friday as well. They also have Tim Burton scheduled for a non-Disney panel on Friday. Which gives me more hope since he is scheduled for more than one appearance that he may actually show up this year. He didn't show up for Corpse Bride or Sleepy Hollow when he was scheduled to, so we will see.

And for those of you who haven't been to Con before, the line for hall H usually starts hours before Comic Con opens. The line is along the side of the building. At least they learned, it is a completely separate line from people going into the sales room. It is close to where hall H is, and you go straight into the hall when they finally let you in.

• D23 Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Haha no, it doesn't work that way. People get 4 day passes because it gives them the early preview night on WEDNESDAY. Fourday pass people come for the WHOLE thing. If anything, they'd leave earlier on sunday.

And this whole con is completely sold out. Everyday has the same amount of tickets sold. I wouldn't count on people to come late.
    You know better than I do, since this is my first Comic Con in San Diego. It's just a lot of my friends are going with the 4 day passes (from the LA area), and only a small percentage care about the preview night (including me) and weren't planning on starting to head down until Thursday - to save money on hotels. Though, of course, we're probably in the minority. My speculation only came from what I knew at the time.

• MiceChat Moderator

You know better than I do, since this is my first Comic Con in San Diego. It's just a lot of my friends are going with the 4 day passes (from the LA area), and only a small percentage care about the preview night (including me) and weren't planning on starting to head down until Thursday - to save money on hotels. Though, of course, we're probably in the minority. My speculation only came from what I knew at the time.

I think you guys may fall in the minority because even on Preview night, it is PACKED like you wouldn't believe.

I also like going early / on time just to avoid any delays.... and to make sure i have a parking spot at my hotel.

• D23 Lover!

^^

Ah, ok... now I'm scared...

• MiceChat Moderator

^^

Ah, ok... now I'm scared...
    Here's preview night from 2 years ago:

That's the wait to get in. It doesn't look that bad from where I was... i was in the front. It got really packed though.

• MiceChat Moderator

one more....

• steven.

wow. thanks for those pictures.

these crowds seem to mean business, haha.
    can't wait though.
    i've got no strings.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

MORE DISNEY @ COMIC-CON 2009:

"What is Torch Tiger?" is the follow up to the wildly successful "Who is Rocket Johnson?"

A graphic novel anthology
    being self-published by
    Walt Disney Animation Studio's

Story Artists and Directors.

It's an all-ages book in which every artist answers the question: "What is Torch Tiger?"

It will be sold exclusively at booth 2302 in San Diego (http://www.comic-con.org/) and is a limited edition of 1300 copies.

Cover painted by:
    Paul Felix

Artists contributing stories:
    Steve Anderson
    Aaron Blaise
    Paul Briggs
    Kevin Deters
    Rob Edwards
    Mike Gabriel
    Nathan Greno
    Don Hall
    Byron Howard
    Trevor Jimenez
    Mark Kennedy
    Joe Mateo
    Nicole Mitchell
    John Musker
    Jeff Ranjo
    Aurian Redson
    Jeremy Spears
    Lissa Treiman
    Josie Trinidad
    Chris Ure
    Mark Walton
    Dean Wellins
    Stevie Wermers
    Chris Williams

Featuring pin-ups by:
    Andreas Deja
    Andy Harkness
    Jeff Turley
    Jin Kim
    Shiyoon Kim

For more information please visit: www.torchtiger.blogspot.com

And direct from Emeryville, California - the PIXAR guys:

From Scott Morse's blog:
    Just an FYI It's that time, friends! San Diego Comic Con is mere days away and we'll be holding down the fort at Booth 4800 with colleagues Jeff Pidgeon, Ronnie del Carmen, and Enrico Casarosa (Bill Presing will be awol this year due to his nuptual celebration). We'll have plenty of love on hand, including:
    http://scottmorse.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

And the previously announced:

Don Hahn's 'Drawn to Life: 20 Years of Disney Master Classes'
    panel at Comic-Con 7/23

Date: Thursday, July 23
    Time: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.

Don Hahn, The Walt Disney Studios
    Don Hahn is a two-time Academy Award nominee and film producer responsible for producing some of the most successful Walt Disney Animated films of the past 20 years, including BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and THE LION KING.

Panelists
    Glen Keane, Walt Disney Animation Studios
    Glen Keane is an animator, author, illustrator and director. He is currently executive producer and animation director for Disney's Rapunzel. Keane is best known for his character animation in Disney classics, including THE LITTLE MERMAID, ALADDIN, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and TARZAN.

Eric Goldberg, Walt Disney Animation Studios
    Eric Goldberg is an animator and film director who is currently supervising animator for Disney's upcoming 2D feature THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG. Creator of ALADDIN's Genie, he was the supervising animator for Phil in HERCULES and co-director of POCAHONTAS. Goldberg is also the author of the book CHARACTER ANIMATION CRASH COURSE.

Tom Sito, Professor and Animator
    Tom Sito is a 30-year veteran of animated film production. He divides his time as a professional animator and adjunct professor of animation at University of California Los Angeles and University of Southern California and lecturing on animation.

Ruben Procopio, Masked Avenger Studios
    Ruben Procopio began his animation career at Disney at age 18, where he trained under Eric Larson, one of Disney's legendary "Nine Old Men". His film credits include THE LITTLE MERMAID, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, ALADDIN and THE LION KING. In 2003, Procopio founded Masked Avenger Studios, which provides sculpture, design, comics and animation services.

Published for the first time, DRAWN TO LIFE is a two-volume collection of the legendary lectures from longtime Disney animator Walt Stanchfield. For over 20 years, Walt helped breathe life into the new golden age of animation with these teachings at the Walt Disney Animation Studios and influenced such talented artists as Tim Burton, Brad Bird, Glen Keane, and John Lasseter. This book represents the quintessential refresher for fine artists and film professionals, and is a vital tutorial for students who are now poised to be part of another new generation in the art form.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Oh Comic Con! I am so so so very excited but this year is shaping up to be so insane.
    I will NOT be missing the animation panel on Friday (the one for Princess & the Frog, Toy Storys, Ponyo, etc)!
    I'm really scared for Thursday though. Considering the Alice/Carol/Tron panel is in the morning, but it is right before the accursed Twilight panel.
    I fear a bunch of bloodsucker loving tweens are going to take the spot that should be mine in that room *sigh*
    Also I hate that the Drawn to Life Panel is at the same time as it (well like a 1/2 hr at the end). If it looks too crazy I'm probably bailing for Drawn to Life.

I also have to agree with Cohete that preview night is crazy. We went last year and waited like an hour and a half in line to get our passes. The floor itself was crammed with people too!

Craziness! Utter insanity... not sure I'd have it any other way though ^_^

PS: Has anyone started the official "Which Micechatters are gonna be at SDCC 09?" thread yet?
    Last edited by Kuzcochik; 07-11-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast