Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• D23 Lover!

Re: Disney at Comic-Con 2009

Even with all the advice I didn't make it into the Tim Burton Disney Panel. got in line before 9am waited 2 hours and just didn't make it to the 6,500 person hall. I'm sad because most of the seats went to Twilight fans who didn't care about the Disney panel. Lesson learned. I heard Johnny Depp showed up too. I enjoyed the D23 booth, though.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    Even with all the advice I didn't make it into the Tim Burton Disney Panel. got in line before 9am waited 2 hours and just didn't make it to the 6,500 person hall. I'm sad because most of the seats went to Twilight fans who didn't care about the Disney panel. Lesson learned. I heard Johnny Depp showed up too. I enjoyed the D23 booth, though.
    Yeah, I read an article saying that this was going to be a problem and that seats were going to be gobbled up by the Twilight fans. The organizers need to keep this in mind for next year and plan some kind of contingency. Sorry to hear you got shut out. I would've been highly peeved too.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

ANIMATION PANEL Animation legends Hayao Miyazaki and John Lasseter join veteran animation directors Lee Unkrich, Kirk Wise, Ron Clements and John Muskeron Fri., July 24 at 12:45 p.m. for an animation panel which will highlight upcoming animated films, including Disney•Pixar’s TOY STORY/TOY STORY 2 double feature, Disney•Pixar’s TOY STORY 3, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ half-hour holiday TV special PREP & LANDING, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG and Miyazaki’s PONYO. John Lasseter will host the panel and Patton Oswaltwill moderate a group Q&A following the presentation, which will include filmmaker insights, trailers and select film sequences.

photo: WDSFilmPR

Ron Clements, John Musker, Hayao Miyazaki, John Lasseter, Kirk Wise and Lee Unkrich

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Some Comic-Con announcements:
    "We are proud to announce officially today that Ken in Toy Story 3 will be voiced by Michael Keaton."

and observations

Hanging with our Comic-Con MC, Mr. Patton Oswalt!
    with photo

& 'Toy Story 3' updates from director Lee Unkrich
    79,326 storyboards and counting...
    https://twitter.com/leeunkrich

• D23 Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Yeah, I read an article saying that this was going to be a problem and that seats were going to be gobbled up by the Twilight fans. The organizers need to keep this in mind for next year and plan some kind of contingency. Sorry to hear you got shut out. I would've been highly peeved too.
    I wish they would clear out the rooms between panels. I find that either people take up seats for panels that I want to see in order to see something else, or I'm sitting through panels I don't care about to see something that I want to see.

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Apparently there is some kind of secret Alice in Wonderland museum that if you win a game you get to see. Here is a report on Aint It Cool News.
    I went to this. You didn't have to win a game, you just had to show up. I have pictures and will post them soon.

Also, I too missed the Disney panel on Thursday due to Twilight fans. A friend went and took pictures. Johnny Depp showed up for a couple of minutes and said less than 10 words.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345