Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Ryan Reynolds is 'The Green Lantern'

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I would've liked Nathan Fillion to play Green Lantern.

YouTube - Green Lantern Trailer

But I'd watch Ryan Reynolds read out of a phone book and still be entertained.

In regards to that trailer that knitting knerd posted, it looks pretty cool. But the guy that's in that, playing GL is the guy that plays Castle in the TV series by the same name. And also, maybe they were just fillers for a movie that hasn't quite been in production long enough, but I saw scenes from Star Trek and The Matrix Revolutions in that trailer, as well as the voice of Hugo Weaving. The Star Trek scene was 3 "GL's", glowing green and flying downward towards a planet, along a long metallic looking structure, that appeared to be the drill from the recent Star Trek. And there was a shot of "someone" in mid air, clenching their fists while they were flying, admist a downpour of rain. I am to assume that this is supposed to be Sinestro, but....it looked like Agent Smith in the final battle scene from the third Matrix movie. Like I said, probably just fillers, but it still looked cool.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

That's a made up trailer, fan made, if you go to you tube and watch it, they cite what movies it took to make that up.

Still I want to see that movie, even if it's made up...

• Animation Domination

Ryan Reynolds would be a better Kyle Rayner. Hal Jordan didn't have a humorous edge. At least DC is trying to move away from having only Batman and Superman movies. Other DC super heroes should have their spotlight at the movies.
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    That's why I think they should use Kyle Rayner rather than Hal Jordan. I haven't seen Cooper enough, but I know both Reynolds and Timberlake are both wise crackin enough to play Kyle.
    Unfortunately, there's little chance they'll use Rayner. DC Comics has really pushed Hal Jordan as THE Green Lantern. Even the upcoming "Green Lantern First Flight" animated film is about him not to mention most of the GL toys that are being made are of Hal.

I'm sure the film is going to be an origin story, Green Lantern Begins or something along those lines. Most of the general public has little idea that there are 4 Green Lanterns on Earth, let alone thousands across the universe. To keep things simple, I don't imagine you'll see Kyle Rayner at all in the film, nor John Stewart nor Guy Gardner.

As much as I'd like to see Nathan Filion in the role, Hal Jordan's a no nonsense guy like MMP just said and that doesn't really play to Mr. Filion's strengths. I'm not really sure who would be an ideal Hal right now. But if we're talking about Kyle Rayner, Heroes' Milo Ventimiglia would be perfect! But that would get too confusing, right?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Ryan Reynolds would be a better Kyle Rayner. Hal Jordan didn't have a humorous edge. At least DC is trying to move away from having only Batman and Superman movies. Other DC super heroes should have their spotlight at the movies.
    Well, I've heard on the dc rumorville that dc also wants to make a justice league movie. So they would need to introduce more characters, and give them their origin stories first.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Well, I've heard on the dc rumorville that dc also wants to make a justice league movie. So they would need to introduce more characters, and give them their origin stories first.
    They've wanted to do that for awhile. In fact, pre-writer's strike I think they had a cast in place (Justice League: Mortal (2011) ), I think that was current until like a year ago (but for some reason it's still on IMDB.). It's now in development hades. You know part of DC's problem is we know Batman and Superman. Growing up girls idolized Wonder Woman. But the rest of the Justice League the general population doesn't really know about. So it's going to be difficult to do a full Justice League movie unless you give the public almost name actors, great origin movies, and amaze them. Justice League almost seemed like "DC-geekapoloza" I don't know how many people would be down with going that geeky.

Side note my checks are Justice League.

• mountains beyond mtns.

It's a good thing that film got axed or else I'd be nominating it in the Worst Films thread. The Green Lantern for that Justice League was going to be John Stewart with the role supposedly going to Common. Some dude named Armie Hammer was to play Batman. I think they were trying to fast track it before the writer's strike and that way it could've gone into production.

Conversely a failed project that I wish could've seen the light of day was Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman film. Then again, Diana is too regal of a character to have the Whedon sensibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12