Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    I hear you on budgeting for a trip to the movies, Neph! Even the matinees are getting ridiculous! That is why we have Netflix and watch most movies at home. But the HP is an exception (won't be taking the kiddos, though!)

Not at three, I would imagine- though I will be taking all of mine. Rose loves HP too-

$$$ took Ian and Rose to see a matinee of Corpse Bride $19! Ouch

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I just got back from it and I loved it! It doesn't beat in my opinion Corpse Bride, but since I am both a Tim Burton and Danny Elfman fan
    So am I, but with the Corpse bride it felt that it was just thrown together and put into theatres as soon as it possibly could be without much attention put to the script, story, or characters. Wallace and Grommit was so much more thought out and wittier.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    They are 3 -- was it scary at all?

I didn't think so, but I did hear 2 kids crying in the theatre during 2 scenes.

And I agree, I think this movie was put together better than Corpse Bride.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this movie - I thought it was very funny and the story was well put together!

• My cuties!

We took the twins yesterday and LOVED it!! It was their first time in a theater and they did really well. The movie is great -- good story and funny!

• Donald's #1 Fan

I hated Chicken Run with a passion, and I had never watched a single W&G short in my life... that said... this movie is WAY better than anything put out by any animation studio since... well, I can't remember when. "The Emperor's New Groove", perhaps?

I wish the Disney animated movies ever since ("Lilo and Stitch" may be an exception) had 1/10th the charm, the charisma, the spirit and the heart of this movie. From the shorts of "Chicken Little", I suppose we are in for another disaster like "Home on the Range".

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Wallace' tops boxoffice with $16.1 mil bow
    By Nicole Sperling The Hollywood Reporter
    There might have been something for everyone at the movies this Columbus Day weekend, but not even a G-rated film with beloved clay-animated characters could topple last year's impressive boxoffice grosses for the comparable frame.

DreamWorks Animation's release of "Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit" gave it its best shot, earning an estimated $16.1 million for the three-day frame. 20th Century Fox's "In Her Shoes" played solidly for a film that primarily drew a female audience with a roughly $10 million opening, and Sony Pictures' "The Gospel" scored brilliantly within its primarily black-female demographic.

But no film had the crossover ability to reach out to a wider audience beyond that for which it was intended.

DreamWorks' release of "Rabbit" beat industry tracking expectations for the weekend but still was unable to live up to its predecessor, the 2000 release of "Chicken Run," which bowed to an impressive $17.5 million in June of that year.
    Armed with a slew of positive reviews, "Rabbit" showcases creative inventor Wallace and his trusty mute canine sidekick, Gromit, in their first feature film. The cartoon characters -- made popular by three well-received shorts from their creator, British animation house Aardman Animation -- did little to jostle the boxoffice, which had another down weekend compared with last year's heavyweights: the second week of DreamWorks' "Shark Tale" and the opening bow of Universal's "Friday Night Lights," which together earned more than $50 million for the frame.

It took the top five movies from this weekend's boxoffice derby to add up to those two performers last year. That's not to say that the new releases over the weekend didn't perform well, they just were constrained by limited audience interest.

DreamWorks is confident that "Rabbit," which in its opening primarily attracted families to capture the top spot, will hold well. "The reviews have been great, and we knew it was a movie that played well," DreamWorks president of distribution Jim Tharp said. "The exit polls continue to show that a broad audience likes the movie."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ROFLCOPTER

I saw the movie on Saturday, and it was very good. Wow, very funny and lots of cheese refrences.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• e komo mai

We saw this film last night. Wow. I really enjoyed it. I haven't laughed this hard during a film in a long, long time. I truly think that Nick Park is a genius and a great filmmaker. I enjoyed Tottie's overbite and wardrobe but most of all, I loved the rabbits. So very cute.

What impresses me is how he keeps the characters going with new storylines each time he realeases a new piece. Brilliant.

Comparing this to 'Corpse Bride' is difficult. They are two different productions altogether and the feel of each is different. BUT one had a good story and great characters, the other did not. (I was looking forward to 'CB' but found myself falling asleep during the movie. And I never, ever fall asleep during movies...)

'W&G:TCotW-R' is going on my must-buy DVD list when it's released. If it doesn't win Best Animated Feature during Oscar time, I'll eat my weight in carrots. (Okay, I won't really but you get my meaning.)

"Awww. The bounce has gone from his bungee..."

• Minion

This is from the NY Times movie review:

"I am thinking of Gromit, the mute and loyal animated dog whose selflessness and intelligence can be counted on, when things get really crazy, to save the day. Gromit has no mouth, and yet his face is one of the most expressive ever committed to the screen. In particular, his brow - a protuberance overhanging his spherical, googly eyes - is an almost unmatched register of emotion. Resignation, worry, tenderness and disgust all come alive in that plasticine nub. To keep matters within the DreamWorks menagerie, you might compare Gromit to Shrek, who has the genetic advantages of Mike Myers's Scots burr, a bevy of celebrity-voiced sidekicks and rivals, and state-of-the-art computer-animation technology. Good for him. But Gromit, made by hand and animated by a painstaking stop-motion process, has something Shrek will never acquire in a hundred sequels: a soul.

And this unassuming pooch's feature film debut, after appearances in three sublime half-hour shorts, is thus a solemn occasion (even if the movie itself is utterly silly). His face now enters the pantheon of stars whose charisma transcends speech. Keaton, Chaplin, Garbo - let them now make room for Gromit."

• ...TWO BITS!

I enjoyed W&G. I have the 3 shorts on DVD. I'm definately going to get the DVD for this movie.

I'm almost positive that Dreamworks will make a "2 for 1" DVD deal with this movie and the 3 shorts. No doubt about that.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123