Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: 'TRON Legacy' 2010

hrm, doesn't reveal anything new story wise I can think of. It gives us visuals we haven't seen about the backstory, but nothing new story wise.

The fighter sequence is more elaborated on now and lays a bit more out in terms of 'why'. I think this trailer will be much more 'accessible' to the non-TRON crowd. It lays out the premise much more concisely and gives it an action feel. Good trailer.

Thanks for sharing
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    hrm, doesn't reveal anything new story wise I can think of. It gives us visuals we haven't seen about the backstory, but nothing new story wise.

It actually drops a lot more hints about where the story will go. Before, you just knew that Sam was going to go into the TRON world and most likely find his dad. What the trailer reveals is a lot more of where the story will most likely go after that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What the trailer reveals is a lot more of where the story will most likely go after that.
    Agreed. Previously the film looked more like a rescue mission. Go in, find dad, get out. Now it looks like it will be more like, go in, find data, lead revolution, leave grid the way it should have been in the first place, then leave.

Some of the little lines that Kevin drops, such as, "a place of infinite possibility" goes toward explaining what he was working on when he disappeared. Something that would revolutionize the world on every front.

Clu may have rebelled and contols the grid, but he doesn't know what Kevin Flynn is up to. It's not like Kevin is a prisoner in the standard sense. It seems that while Clu controls the access points, Kevin is "off the grid," if you'll excuse the horrible pun.

It also shows a bit more about the "Legacy" in the title. You have Kevin who liberated the grid from the MCP, but his legacy is what Clu took and made it. Just as bad, if not worse, than the MCP. That Legacy has to be set right now.

So this trailer exposed and set up a lot of the conflict.

It was definitely much more accessible to non-Tron junkies.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Agreed. Previously the film looked more like a rescue mission. Go in, find dad, get out. Now it looks like it will be more like, go in, find data, lead revolution, leave grid the way it should have been in the first place, then leave.

Some of the little lines that Kevin drops, such as, "a place of infinite possibility" goes toward explaining what he was working on when he disappeared. Something that would revolutionize the world on every front.

Clu may have rebelled and contols the grid, but he doesn't know what Kevin Flynn is up to. It's not like Kevin is a prisoner in the standard sense. It seems that while Clu controls the access points, Kevin is "off the grid," if you'll excuse the horrible pun.

It also shows a bit more about the "Legacy" in the title. You have Kevin who liberated the grid from the MCP, but his legacy is what Clu took and made it. Just as bad, if not worse, than the MCP. That Legacy has to be set right now.

So this trailer exposed and set up a lot of the conflict.

It was definitely much more accessible to non-Tron junkies.
    I read your post last night before finally watching the new trailer this morning. Seeing more details revealed in it confirmed that the first issue of the comic book prequel TRON: Betrayal I read last month truly is a sequel and not some gimmick marketed as such. I loved reading it! For any who're interested, it's a two-issue series; the second issue's supposed to arrive in comic shops today and Amazon has the collected trade paperbook edition up for pre-order. I definitely recommend it for TRON fans and even non-TRON fans who haven't seen the original TRON film.
    Amazon.com: Tron: Betrayal: An Original Graphic Novel Prequel to Tron: Legacy (9781423134633): Jai Nitz, Andie Tong: Books: Reviews, Prices & more@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FIuza24IL.@@AMEPARAM@@51FIuza24IL.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I saw the first "Tron" when I was really little, and don't remember it much. But since the idea of a "Tron" sequel came out, seeing the visuals... I am getting excited.

• Banned User

Making your own Tron costume for opening night with electroluminescent panels slapped on a faux leather bodysuit.

The costume is made from faux leather and EL Film strips. The luminescent panels are removable, velcored onto the leather vest in order to make the top washable. To be frank, the cutting and re-soldering the EL film was quite tricky to work with but I think I managed to the tame the beast with the help of conductive fabric tape. I will write up a tutorial on how to work with the EL film in the next three weeks for those folks who are interested.
    Source: Tron: Quorra Costume - Fashioning Technology

• Banned User

• Banned User

Won't find these Tron clothing attire at the parks but if you want them for Tron opening weekend...

Opening Ceremony has collaborated with Disney Consumer Products to create a special capsule collection inspired by the new Walt Disney Pictures film, TRON: Legacy. Opening Ceremony travels into the TRON universe, where high-tech aesthetics and neon dominate, to create a futuristic fashion collection influenced by the film’s cinematic elements, from the high-speed Light Cycles to the characters’ sleek uniforms.

Inspired by high-performance athletic apparel, Opening Ceremony used tech-driven fabrics like industrial neoprene, high dimension corduroy, and stretch spandex to create men’s and women’s collections in the 4 main TRON colors: yellow, orange, blue, and black. From shirts to jackets, shoes, and accessories.

Go here to purchase, see more, etc: TRON LEGACY OPENING CEREMONY DROPS! - OPENING CEREMONY

PS I wouldn't stand anywhere near a fire or someone who lights up, LOL the material seems highly flammable.

• Banned User

OMG, what is Disney smoking? Might as well call on your clothing designer friend who's in school and make a copy so you can be Tron-out for opening night because those above/below Tron influenced clothing. It ain't cheap. How's $500 for just a jacket that looks like it comes from the 70s era?

Here's a screen capture of the website of the shop from where to buy the Tron clothing...

MEN - TRON LEGACY OPENING CEREMONY - OPENING CEREMONY

There's also been buzz that the Thor teaser trailer will be attached to Tron Legacy, even if it's being distributed and marketed by Paramount Pictures. After all, the character will be appearing in Marvel's 2012 release The Avengers, which will be released by Disney.
    Last edited by JMora; 11-17-2010 at 09:38 AM.

• Banned User

Walt Disney Pictures has released a new international trailer for Tron: Legacy. Nothing really new, reedit footage, and tiny bit of new scenes, etc.
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:44 AM.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Making your own Tron costume for opening night with electroluminescent panels slapped on a faux leather bodysuit.
    TRON Guy still rules!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by barbossa View Post
    tron guy still rules!

lol =)

• Disneyland PAP

I found a surprise on my doorstep when I got home last night. Actually, it's the second piece of mail in two weeks from playing the game on Disney's viral site, Arcade Aid. Besides this poster, I received two lapel pins last week. Didn't know they'd send them when I played the game; they were a cool surprise from Disney.

Arcade Aid print on heavy stock paper by Gone2Disneyland, on Flickr

A matched set by Gone2Disneyland, on Flickr

Arcade Aid lapel pins arrived a week earlier by Gone2Disneyland, on Flickr

More pictures are on my Flickr gallery:
    TRON: Legacy - Arcade Aid - a set on Flickr
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 11-18-2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Took a couple of tries to figure out the whole posting pictures thing.

• Pilot EdForceOne

nice - I wish I had played the game more!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• is too darn hot.

arcadeaid.com/bonuslevel has some new clues in the form of PDFs that point to clues on the poster.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)