Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Price Increase as of August 3rd, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cutlass View Post
    You're not representative of all Deluxe pass holders. We're speaking in generalities, and of course individuals will differ from that.

On average a casual day guest will spend more money in the park and bring more people in a single car than an AP.

And by using your pass 97 times a year, you're creating a larger than average presence in the park, contributing to the crowding problem.
    You make a really important point, no one should take this discussion personally. We are referring to the Passholder program and not any particular person. Disney does have some general statistics for how much money the passholders spend, how often they visit, how many passholders per car, etc.

It is all a big game to even out attendance and raise daily revenues.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Is it because Disney is losing money? From The LA Times

Parks and resorts, which tend to be slower to respond to and recover from dips in the economy, saw a 9% drop in revenue to $2.7 billion and a 19% decline in operating income to $521 million, as more visitors streamed into Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., and Disneyland Resort in Anaheim but spent less. Domestic park attendance rose 3%, helped in part by the timing of Easter vacation. But hotel, ticket and meal promotions used to lure visitors, while moving the turnstiles, also undercut operating margins.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

• no flash photography...

I guess with the payment plan they plan on people just looking at the monthly payment amount.

I've hardly used my PAP this year. I renewed in May and have only gone twice.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I am wondering if Disney will increase the black-out dates for Deluxe, So Cal select and So Cal passes in 2010. I bet they do. Does anyone have any inside info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Oops, a TYPO, Disney in the past has raised its prices on Mondays, byt this year, they switched to Sunday.

The price increases will take effect on Sunday, August 2nd.
    Thanks so much for clearing that up. I guess we'll be heading to the park tomorrow then!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This is ridiculous and stupid, IMHO.

They offer all these discounted promotions as summer is about to hit, then halfway through summer decide to jack up the prices?

Yeah, people who go to the park more often with some sort of a pass will more than likely try to find ways of saving money when it comes to food etc. They'll have already seen the exorbitant amounts of money that would have to be shelled out for food already.

Regular one-day trip guests will not want to leave the park, and will therefore more than likely eat inside Disney property.

(I will say though, on a personal level, I'm a Deluxe AP holder and 90% of the trips I take I spend the whole day on-property and eat all of my meals inside the park.)

But, if it financially makes more sense to spend money on a several day pass, won't most people obviously gravitate towards that? Thus escalating the spending in-park issue?

What's made it especially bad is the payment plan. As a college student and in light of the recession, I appreciated Disney offering something like that. And obviously, so have many others. Now Disney needs to take a step back and accept the consequences of their actions!

$72 is plain ridiculous. It's not worth it. It makes the annual passes look like golden tickets.

They need to lower the regular admission prices in order to get crowd control and numbers back to normal. Raising prices over and over will not fix the problem, it only escalates it. People will not be able to afford a trip, even just once out of the year. And the only people who will show up will be the APs (so long as that AP level is affordable).

Disney, if you want to fix this, stop thinking about the immediacy of just raising prices. In the long run, this will not help. You will loose a valued customer group you keep aiming to please and yet keep missing the ball on. Reduce regular day admission prices significantly, cut the lowest level AP, schedule blackout dates better, lower food prices to something more reasonable (everyone else seems to be doing $5 deals - who wants to pay $15 for an "ok" meal at best?), and Disneyland will be a controllable atmosphere again.
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 07-31-2009 at 05:30 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah, I don't agree with increasing one day passes.

Increasing annual passes thoough... probably a good idea. Not that I want to pay more personally for a premium, but I do think there's way too many passholders clogging the parks.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

It will be interesting to see what the price increases are for multi-day park hopper tickets. It looks like if you are going to buy anything over a four day park hopper you might as well buy a Deluxe AP if the dates work for your initial trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yah, I don't agree with increasing one day passes.

Increasing annual passes thoough... probably a good idea. Not that I want to pay more personally for a premium, but I do think there's way too many passholders clogging the parks.

I think with the success of the payment plan option DL has reached the point where the larger crowds are now not helping the parks. Thinning the herd a bit might not hurt either overall revenue or operational costs.

Anyone know if I purchase an annual pass online how long I have to redeem it? I have a premium annual pass that will expire in December, but I am considering buying a new one vice renewing at the current price instead as it will be cheaper in the long run. I don't live near Disneyland, but visit frequently enough to benefit from the AP.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    I would think that most of the losses are coming from WDW. Are price increases ever implemented there as frequently and as much as here? Why is Disneyland having to take the brunt of the strain that WDW puts on the company?

• thanks for noticing me

Anyone know if I purchase an annual pass online how long I have to redeem it? I have a premium annual pass that will expire in December, but I am considering buying a new one vice renewing at the current price instead as it will be cheaper in the long run. I don't live near Disneyland, but visit frequently enough to benefit from the AP.
    I wanna know too. any info on multi park ticket prices?? We are going for 6 days in October and I thought i would buy the 6 day pass, use the EE and then upgrade to deliuxe, but if teh prices are going up and its better to just get the deluxe now, bt does your first day start when you enter teh park or when you buy the pass online???
    Angela
    Going for Halloween 2011
    *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

Quote Originally Posted by MasterYensid View Post
    I bought one on July 20th and must redeem it by Jan 4, 2010. So I am guessing that 1/4 is a cut off date for the next little while. The year for the pass starts on the day you get your picture taken.

• Goofy

i feel so much for the average family right now.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I like the jump in the premium... maybe Disney is finally starting to try to ween people off the AP gravy train.
    Not until they get rid of the SoCal AP's. People will just downgrade from a Premium to perhaps a deluxe which will once again make a Saturday in July less busy than a Sunday in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Holy crud that's painful! $40 increase, really? I use to cringe at the $380 but wow!! I mean, I'm an idiot and will still buy it, but ouch!!!
    For our family of 4 it's an increase of $160. Ouch. But we'll still pay it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast