Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Disneyland Price Increase as of August 3rd, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    No that option is there.
    My AP expired, and on Disneyland's website, it says for people with expired passports "See us at the Main Entrance ticket booths on your next visit."

Disneyland&reg Annual Pass | Disneyland&reg Annual Passport | Disneyland&reg Annual Passport Monthly Payments

• Disney Cruiser

Rancho Palos Verdes, California, United States

It's amazing to me to see the prices continue to go up each year. I am glad I've purchased my premium passes already for this year. I also had a fluke with mine as the mailer came to my house, I was able to purchased my premium passes for $339 per person! I called Disney to make sure this was acurate and they told me it was an error that I received this error, but I jumped on that an reorder for my whole family. Now in light of this news, I am certainly glad I did!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Just a year ago, they were worried by the declining number of passholders and the weakening economy. How quickly they forget. One minute they are counting on APs to save their business and the next they are kicking them in the gut

We LOVE you - We HATE you. Make up your mind Mr. Disney!
    Oh, it's not the gut they are kicking. Here's an idea, why not stop screwing us premium annual passholders who live in neighboring states and spend a good deal of money when we visit. On average I drop anywhere from 1-2k every trip and that's 3-4 times a year when I visit from AZ. And that's ALL going to them as I stay at a Disney hotel and once I'm on property I don't leave for the duration.

Re: Disneyland Price Increase as of August 2nd, 2009

This sucks! For my family its like a $200 increase for a p's. Well stated Capt. Tomorrow, we visit from the AZ a lot too and drop a ton each trip 3-4 times a year. Yet we are the ones who get hit hardest.
    - Grumpy

Another way to look at it is this:

If fewer people are visiting disney parks, then the remaining people need to pay more in order for the company to collect the same amount of money. There is an up-side for visitors: A smaller crowd. I cannot tell how much smaller, but it *will* be smaller.

Better this than closing the park or selling it off as has been discussed.

Ouch! That's a big jump for the middle of the worst economic recession since the Great Depression. Pretty ballsy move by the mouse.

I may be willing to pay that much, but I wonder how much money the average guest has left in their wallets? They are already cutting back on food and merchandise, at some point they'll ditch Disneyland for Knott's Berry Farm as well. I really hope Disney hasn't gone too far. The timing is insensitive at best.

Way to kick your customers when they are down!

I wish they would cut the AP categories down to two. They parks are very crowded because of these low cost passes. I'll bet the low budget pass folks spend very little money in the park. At some point, they should raise the cost of the two remaining passes and eliminate the two low end passes for a better guest experience. (less crowds and higher quality guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    DIsneyland is a bargain compared to WDW.

Disney should eliminate the So Cal AP pass and SO Cal Select Pass programs all together. Offer 2 passports: the Deluxe and the Premium and that is it. Also if a Deluxe passholder wants to gain admission on a black-out day - charge them the full purchase of a one day ticket not $40 which is about 60% of cost of a one day ticket.

I think Disney is eventually going to go back to a 2 passholder programs: the Deluxe and the Premium.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    I wish they would cut the AP categories down to two. They parks are very crowded because of these low cost passes. I'll bet the low budget pass folks spend very little money in the park. At some point, they should raise the cost of the two remaining passes and eliminate the two low end passes for a better guest experience. (less crowds and higher quality guests)
    I agree, they need to get rid of the two So-Cal passes and just have the Deluxe/Premium AP's.

And you never know, many people in the GP may be telling their friends how busy Disneyland is and convincing them not to go, so Disney will be missing out on the day-to-day visitor as well.

I know I wouldn't want to spend $400 for my family of 4 to get into the park for 1 day only to find out it's full of AP's.

I was disappointed by the increase as everyone was. I am not going to make it to Disneyland this year, but plan to in 2010. Hopefully the increases won't prohibit it. The single day price of $72 is outrageous, but myself I would never buy one.Never have. I live at the opposite end of California from Disneyland so for it to be worth the 9 hr drive and hotel stay I don't do any less than a 3 day parkhopper. We've found that 3 days is about perfect. It appears that the 3-6 day hopper prices haven't changed, though still high. Ap holders are getting jacked, but again even before the increase an AP would've been foolish for me. I think I figured once that we'd have to get down to Disneyland a minimum of 4 times in a year to make an AP an economical choice. And that just wouldn't happen with having to stay in a hotel, gas, etc. Speaking as a "casual visitor" due to my proximity to the park, the increases seem to be directed at locals. But they are risking turning off people like me that have to plan for travel and a week stay in the area.

• Banned User

Well somebody has to pay for that Billion $$$$ renovation going on over at DCA. The Little Mermaid ride and World of Color isn't cheap, you know.

• Banned User

I am beside myself with rage.

This price increase is offensive, insensitive, highly exemplary of corporate greed, exclusionary, and unAmerican. Hey, Disney, if you want only the wealthy to visit your parks, why not just jack up the prices to $1000 per day, per person, make parking, oh, $25 an hour, and raise food prices to no less than $50 a meal? That would at least be an honest show of greed!

At these prices, I seriously doubt if I will ever be able to afford to visit Disneyland ever again.

This is more than a mere shame; this HURTS. This is cruel. This is a kick in the teeth. I remember a time when ordinary working people were able to spend a day at Disneyland with their entire family, maybe even 2 or 3 visits in a given year, if they lived locally. Now, unless you've won the lottery or own a hugely successful business, you're out of luck.

IT IS CLEAR THAT THE DISNEY CORPORATION HAS COMPLETELY ABANDONED ITS FOUNDER'S LEGACY. IT IS NOT INTERESTED IN CATERING TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEEDS OF ORDINARY WORKING AMERICANS - PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR A LIVING, BUT MAKE LESS THAN $50,000 A YEAR. APPARENTLY, OUR MONEY IS NOT AS GREEN AS THE MONEY OF WEALTHIER PEOPLE.

The next time I am in California, unless ticket prices are reduced, I will be spending my hard-earned dollars elsewhere. There are many other entertainment options in SoCal, and I'm sure that many of them will be more than happy to refrain from requiring a credit check before I show up.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram View Post
    Well somebody has to pay for that Billion $$$$ renovation going on over at DCA. The Little Mermaid ride and World of Color isn't cheap, you know.
    Then let the overpaid corporate execs pay for it. Let there be another stock issuance. There are other ways to finance park expansions than screwing your customers.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    DIsneyland is a bargain compared to WDW.
    Disneyland is also a fraction of the size of WDW. If one were to put WDW on top of Disneyland, it would take up a good chunk of the city of Anaheim. Not to mention there are also more park options at WDW.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

LOL - I want my own dragon for that price!

Honestly, I do think it will solve their passholder "Problem." But I wonder if it won't create a longer term erosion of passholder loyalty.

$72 for a one day/one park ticket is also a LOT of money for people right now. I've got friends who haven't been to Disneyland in over a year because they can't afford it in this economy. This certainly isn't going to help.

So on the one hand, they'll run a promo and give away two days for the price of one and on the other hand they are raising prices. Sort of the schizophrenic approach to ticketing.
    Yes,
    that's one thing that boggles my mind
    Raise the prices but So Cal residents get two for one deals.
    Isn't just better to forget the two for one deals and keep the prices at a decent, affordable level?
    So you get So Cal ppl, but you've knocked out those families that have to travel (gas/airfare, hotel etc already hit so hard on the wallet, then you add ticket prices---ouch!!!, it's hard doing this an I"m single....imagine a family).
    I live in AZ. I just told a family that they are raising prices. They said they have been saving to go to Disneyland this year. With the price hikes, what was planned for this year may have to wait for next year (problem, prices will go up next year).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post

I am beside myself with rage.

This price increase is offensive, insensitive, highly exemplary of corporate greed, exclusionary, and unAmerican. Hey, Disney, if you want only the wealthy to visit your parks, why not just jack up the prices to $1000 per day, per person, make parking, oh, $25 an hour, and raise food prices to no less than $50 a meal? That would at least be an honest show of greed!

At these prices, I seriously doubt if I will ever be able to afford to visit Disneyland ever again.

This is more than a mere shame; this HURTS. This is cruel. This is a kick in the teeth. I remember a time when ordinary working people were able to spend a day at Disneyland with their entire family, maybe even 2 or 3 visits in a given year, if they lived locally. Now, unless you've won the lottery or own a hugely successful business, you're out of luck.

IT IS CLEAR THAT THE DISNEY CORPORATION HAS COMPLETELY ABANDONED ITS FOUNDER'S LEGACY. IT IS NOT INTERESTED IN CATERING TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEEDS OF ORDINARY WORKING AMERICANS - PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR A LIVING, BUT MAKE LESS THAN $50,000 A YEAR. APPARENTLY, OUR MONEY IS NOT AS GREEN AS THE MONEY OF WEALTHIER PEOPLE.

The next time I am in California, unless ticket prices are reduced, I will be spending my hard-earned dollars elsewhere. There are many other entertainment options in SoCal, and I'm sure that many of them will be more than happy to refrain from requiring a credit check before I show up.
    I understand that Disney has to make money. But I agree with this person at the same time. Yearly increases kills the average American family who has to save to go to the park. Walt wanted Disneyland to be for all. With the greed of the company, now the park is for the select few.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Just waking up

Walt Disney I'm sure is looking down with a frown in his face seeing how Disneyland is now the most expensive amusement park on earth, let see $97.00 for four park hopper that is $388.00 + $12.00 parking mmm $400.00 just ot go in both parks now food + snaks $125.00 = $525.00 now if you are from outer state like my family and I that is another $250.00 in gas + $200.00 in hotel fees comes out to $975.00
    how about that, what away to cut out the working class!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234