• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Walt Disney World Price Increase as of August 2nd, 2009

Disney World raises ticket prices; one-day pass up 5.3% to $79, from $75 - OrlandoSentinel.com

Beginning Sunday, Disney will increase the base price of a one-day, one-park ticket to $79 -- up $4, or 5.3 percent. The price of a similar ticket for a child between the ages of 3 and 9 will climb $5, or 7.9 percent, to $68.

Prices for the resort's more popular multiday-ticket packages will also rise, climbing between 2.6 percent and 4.7 percent. In keeping with Disney's strategy of driving guests toward extra days in its parks -- rather than those operated by rivals Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando -- the smallest increases are reserved for tickets good for four or more days.

What's more, Disney will raise the price of adding a "Park Hopper" feature to any ticket -- which allows a customer to visit multiple Disney parks in one day -- to $52, up from $50. The price of adding a "Water Park Fun & More" feature, which allows admission to secondary venues such as water parks and DisneyQuest, will also rise to $52 from $50.

Also check out Mousesavers.com for more details.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Walt Disney World Price Increase Info - Starting Sunday, August 2nd, 2009

I hate the WDW ticketing system. I think it is ridiculous that a one day ticket is $84. And it is a $150 jump to go to three days. But for only $25 you get seven more days.
    I know why they do it but I still hate it.
    Personally I wish they would cut out the free meals and lower the ticket prices a bit. I bet they wouldn't lose so much money.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am glad that I already have my tickets for my upcoming trip.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

There are also reports that AP renewals either 30 days before or after the renewal date with get an extra 3 months to 15 months! I haven't seen an official announcement of this, but it seems to be posted in a few different places.

Still looking for an exact answer though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is the full list of WDW price increases, including all the options and tax....

MouseSavers.com - Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Ticket Price Chart

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices.html
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    There are also reports that AP renewals either 30 days before or after the renewal date with get an extra 3 months to 15 months! I haven't seen an official announcement of this, but it seems to be posted in a few different places.

Still looking for an exact answer though.

Nice! Not happy about the price increase but it hasn't hit that point where I won't go because its too expensive. Then again, I just renewed a few months ago so I'm good for another year.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Nice! Not happy about the price increase but it hasn't hit that point where I won't go because its too expensive. Then again, I just renewed a few months ago so I'm good for another year.
    My renewal is up at the end of August, and I wasn't going to renew because I had the 7 day ticket from the MYW package, but with 3 extra months, I think I might just go for it. With no expiration, the MYW will still be good for a long time...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Dear Pathetic WDW Management,

Raising prices when we're in the worst recession since the Great Depression? Really? REALLY?!?!

Yeah I don't think I'll be visiting WDW again for quite awhile.