Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Re: Is anybody going to have a problem seeing Depp as the Mad Hatter?

After seeing his look as the Mad Hatter, it might actually be kind of cool. The Mad Hatter is kind of flamboyant, so Depp I think might have made it right.

• I am McLovin.

They've never done bad together, and every movie I've seen them work together in had never disappointed me. And if he's doing great as an actor with Burton, then there really isn't a reason for him to get a bigger challenge. And he isn't the only actor/actress Burton collaborates with constantly; Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman are also in a number of Burton's movies.

And Tim Burton probably isn't giving up his imagination, the movies he redid are movies that he probably loved his whole life, and Sweeney Todd is his favourite musical.

'Nuff said.
    Oh. That looks nice.
    -TikiRoomLiz

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I don't see any similarity in Depp's voice between films, any films. He always uses a slightly different tone and even his 'normal' speaking voice doesn't sound like the voices of his characters.
    This film isn't based on "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", but on the sequel book "Through the Looking Glass" It looks interesting and possibly a bit scary. I'm looking forward to it.
    And let's not blame either Depp or Burton for his large presence in the trailer...the studios cut trailers to entice people. They feature the most popular actor, using him essentially as bait. That in no way means the Mad Hatter is the star of the film or has the most screen time. It just means people really like Johnny Depp!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm not holding high expectations for this film. I wonder when Tim Burton will be daring enough to make a film that doesn't feature Johnny Depp or his wife? I enjoy both Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, but I feel like Burton has overused them both. And I don't see a lot of Sparrow in the Mad Hatter, but I definitely get that Willie Wonka feel. Meh.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

I don't think a director that uses similar cast members risks "over-using" any of them as long as they are talented actors. And since in this case we are talking about Depp and Bonham Carter, I think Burton is doing alright. The Coen bros use many of the same actors, Mamet frequently uses a stock number of actors, there are just some film makers that like using actors they know they can count on and enjoy working with.

• Future Cast Member

I'm obsessed with the movie Edward Scissorhands. I watch it over and over, and at first I didn't like Charlie compared to the original movie, but now I do. I just think it's funnier. I'm watching it right now(for the third time this morning, and once last night, I recorded it on abc Family last night ) I love flashbacks(it's my favorite part of the LOST show ), which Tim Burton movies usually have, so I hope this one does. It's about an adult Alice who doesnt remember visiting Wonderland, so I'm assuming theres an equal chance of having flashbacks, but I think Depp will be a good character in it. I read he was researching the role and stuff, like how Hatters went mad, and things like that. I actually didn't recognize his voice, it sounds like an entirely new one. It seems like he usually uses the same voices, like either the Edward Scissorhands/Willy Wonka one or his Captain Jack one, but this one sounds completely different. It seems perfect for Wonderland, because it's an odd accent kind of mixing different voices together, it'll help Wonderland seem like a whole other world, I hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12