• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Hugh Jackman to Star in Disney's "Now"

Source: Variety October 6, 2005

Walt Disney Pictures has acquired rights to the Cecelia Ahern novel If You Could See Me Now and will turn it into a musical vehicle for Hugh Jackman, reports Variety. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron will produce with Jackman and John Palermo.

Ceclia is the 23-year-old daughter of Ireland's prime minister Bertie Ahern. Zadan and Meron executive-produced Chicago and will produce Hairspray for New Line.

Jackman would play the imaginary friend of a lonely 6-year-old who has been left behind by his mother and is being raised by his aunt. The twist: The aunt can suddenly see the imaginary friend, and a romance blossoms between them.

Hyperion will publish the book early next year.

Jackman, who is filming X-Men 3, and Palermo are also producing a Wolverine spinoff that is being written by David Benioff for Fox.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Hugh Jackman to Star in Disney's "Now"

As my friend Lisas mom always says, "I'd like to get me a slice of that Hugh Jackman pie!"

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

non-miniature golf for you!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• far, far away from DL

Yum Yum! I would love to see that every morning.

Sabrina

• șoș Tom șoș

This sounds a little cooler if you ask me!

Bale & Jackman to Battle in The Prestige
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    September 30, 2005

Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are in talks to star in Touchstone Pictures' The Prestige, which will serve as Batman Begins helmer Christopher Nolan's next directorial outing, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Bale and Jackman will play rival magicians in turn-of-the-century London who battle each other for trade secrets. The rivalry is so intense that it turns them into murderers. The title refers to the residue left after a magician's successful trick.

The script is based on Christopher Priest's 1996 novel of the same name and was adapted by Nolan's brother, Jonathan. He wrote the short story on which Christopher's Nolan's breakout movie, Memento, was based on.

The movie will shoot in January with a budget around the $40 million range. Touchstone will distribute domestically, while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute internationally.

"Prestige" reteams Nolan with Batman Begins star Bale, who is currently shooting Rescue Dawn in Thailand for Werner Herzog. Jackman is shooting X-Men 3 and next appears in Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain.
    I know he is famous for his Broadway talent but I would like to see a decent guy like this rise to the top of the action film genre, booting the likes of Tom Cruise, Travolta, Cage, Pitt and Willis out of there respective roles as the everyman's action hero. Would love to see a fresh batch of guys like Jackman and Bale to take up the mantle.