Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I hate Mondays

Re: Michael Eisner resigns from the WDC Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Eisner has said that he wants to move on once his CEO-ship at Disney was done. He stated that he had no intention on staying at the company (although he would still love the company). It is all the people (and I'm not blaming anyone in particular) that became paranoid and said things like "he's not going to leave the board until the very end of his contract" or "he just wants to become chairman of the board."

-Michael
    On page 528 in the book 'Disneywar', the author recounted a conversation he had with Mr. Eisner . He asked why Mr. Eisner waited for several weeks after announcing his resignation to indicate that he didn't want to remain as chairman or a board member. "I didn't realize it would be an issue. Zenia (Mucha) has been saying that." He went on to say "I don't want to be irrelevant. I'm not going to ask the board to be named chairman. I'm not going to beg for it. But the board might come to me. Then I'd have to consider it....That's up to Disney."

Hardly the words of someone who was finished with the WDC- more like the words of someone who knew that perhaps the WDC was finished with him.

• Disney Memory Maker

I wouldn't just go by Disneywar. Eisner has said many times (in news articles, talk shows, interviews, etc) that he wishes to move on with his life. He has said that perhaps making broadway plays will be in his future. Disney will always be near and dear to his heart, but he wishes to go elsewhere.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• I hate Mondays

I don't go by Disneywar- I go by many other sources, and by his behavior past and present. I hope he does move on and is successful in whatever he does, be it running another company, enjoying retirement, etc. He was just so incredibly entrenched for so very long at the WDC that it is difficult for people to believe that he wasn't trying to pull another of his famous fast ones.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy
    I hope he does move on and is successful in whatever he does, be it running another company, enjoying retirement, etc.
    I totally agree. He did save the Disney company in the beginning. CEOs just have a way of wearing out; he lasted much longer than the average CEO. I think he still has legs for another company and his leaving Disney allows the new CEO to walk as his own man. This seems like very good news both for Disney and for Michael Eisner.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Creative Director

I also read somewhere that he will NO longer be a creative consultant either, as was part of his contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12