Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'UP' flys to DVD & Blu-ray 11/10

Pixar’s acclaimed animated hit Up, the second-highest grossing film of the year with $287.4 million at the domestic box office, will soar onto DVD and Blu-ray Disc Nov. 10 (prebook Sept. 15) from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.

The film will be available in four-disc Blu-ray combo pack with DVD ($45.99) and two-disc DVD ($39.99) sets, both inlcuding a digital copy of the movie.

The special features on the two-DVD edition:
    Commentary by director Pete Docter and co-director Bob Peterson.
    Dug’s Special Mission – An all new original short film that follows the misadventures of Dug as he attempts to complete his “special mission.” The short is directed by Up Story Supervisor, Ronnie Del Carmen.
    The Many Endings of Muntz – Many ideas were hatched about how to dispose of the film’s arch villain, Muntz, and now viewers can see the many alternate endings proposed during story development.
    Partly Cloudy –The hilarious short film that preceded screenings of Up. Everyone knows that the stork delivers babies, but where do the storks get the babies? The answer lies up in the stratosphere where the cloud Gus is a master at creating “dangerous” babies, which prove to be more than a handful for his loval delivery stork Peck. Directed by Pixar story artist, animator and voice actor Peter Sohn.
    Adventure is Out There This action-packed documentary tells the story of the filmmakers’ own trek to the tepuis mountains of South America to research the design and story of the film.
    The Blu-ray version includes those, plus these exclusives:
    Cine-Explore – A visual montage of concept art, clips and documentary coverage that illustrates the directors’ commentary.
    Geriatric Hero – A character study of Carl, from research to realization including art and design, rigging, animation and story. It focuses on the issues of aging, “simplexity”, shape-language and compelling character arcs.
    Canine Companions – For anyone who ever wondered where CG puppies come from, an introduction to the design, behavior and language of dogs.
    Russell: Wilderness Explorer – A character study of Russell from inspiration and design to finding the character arc and authentic voice for this wilderness ranger.
    Our Giant Flightless Friend, Kevin – Find out how avian research and development at Pixar helped bring a mythical, 13-foot tall iridescent bird to life.
    Homemakers of Pixar – Carl and Ellie’s house is an important “character” in the film. Fans follow the development of the house from story to art to its ultimate realization in the computer.
    Balloons and Flight – Carl’s house and Muntz's dirigible presented the filmmakers with two different problems—how could they make a physical impossibility possible? And, in the case of the dirigible, how would they unearth a fallen giant and let it soar?
    Composing for Characters – Composer Michael Giacchino returns to score his third Disney•Pixar feature film. See how the Up filmmakers collaborated with Giacchino to create the memorable score and compelling musical themes.
    Married Life – The original story concept that became the powerful “Married Life” scene, showing Carl and Ellie’s love story.
    Global Guardian Badge Game – Players try to locate countries, states and capitals around the globe in a multi-layered BD-Exclusive geography game enhanced by BD-Live.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 08-18-2009 at 07:50 PM.

• Disney Secrets Master

Re: 'UP' flys to DVD & Blu-ray 11/10

I can't wait for this! I'll be sure to get it on Blu Ray the first day that it's out!
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

In addition to a standalone four-disc set, Pixar's Up will also be available packaged in the Luxo Jr. Collectible Desk Lamp set (pictured below). Along with Up on Blu-ray, this set packs a replica of the Luxo Jr. lamp and a base with a drawer designed to hold the complete Pixar Blu-ray collection. The set will be available for a limited time and retail for $199.

• Future Animator

No 3D option? That sucks.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    In addition to a standalone four-disc set, Pixar's Up will also be available packaged in the Luxo Jr. Collectible Desk Lamp set (pictured below). Along with Up on Blu-ray, this set packs a replica of the Luxo Jr. lamp and a base with a drawer designed to hold the complete Pixar Blu-ray collection. The set will be available for a limited time and retail for $199.

Darn... too rich for my blood.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Fantastic! The day before my son's birthday

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Lately, when people greet me with "what's up?" I respond "A Pixar movie" and wait for them to get it. Some do after a minute, some never do.

Great!!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    No 3D option? That sucks.
    It looked so spectacular in 3-D when I saw in theatres. I'm kinda dissapointed too, but I loved the movie so much that I don't care.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• The Darkness to Light

After playing through Toy Story Maina! on the Wii in 3D, I can't blame them for not having a 3D option on the Blu-ray/DVD.

As it is right now, you can't watch a 3D movie at home as you can in the theatre without investing in the Real D technology (namely the projector and filter screen). Seeing a movie in a purple haze through the red-blue 3D filters doesn't work very well. This is coming from an owner of Shrek 3D, too.

Pixar probably did the smart thing with this and said "Look, the 3D experiance won't work at home at this point in time." Maybe in the future if they do make a consumer 3D monitor that works the same way in the theatre, but not right now.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Future Animator

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    After playing through Toy Story Maina! on the Wii in 3D, I can't blame them for not having a 3D option on the Blu-ray/DVD.

As it is right now, you can't watch a 3D movie at home as you can in the theatre without investing in the Real D technology (namely the projector and filter screen). Seeing a movie in a purple haze through the red-blue 3D filters doesn't work very well. This is coming from an owner of Shrek 3D, too.

Pixar probably did the smart thing with this and said "Look, the 3D experiance won't work at home at this point in time." Maybe in the future if they do make a consumer 3D monitor that works the same way in the theatre, but not right now.
    I own Shrek 3D too, and it doesn't look that great, you're right. But it's not going to hurt them to add in that option, it didn't hurt Coraline! I guess I can see their logic though. Yes, they are going to be releasing television screens that support Real D. At the expo, we've seen G-Force in Real D on one of these screens and it looks fantastic!! Of course, you have to buy a DVD/Blu-Ray that plays in Real D as well as a Blu-Ray player that supports Real D. Just like HD, you have to buy a lot of supporting equipment to get the best experience. So... I see Disney re-releasing all their movies, (Bolt, Up...etc) in this format so we would have to spend more money on these!

But I can't wait!!

• keh!

yikes... $46 for blu ray? it's expensive enough as it is, i don't want to pay THAT much...

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    yikes... $46 for blu ray? it's expensive enough as it is, i don't want to pay THAT much...
    That's only $6 more than Monster's Inc, which comes out the same day!

Gonna be an expensive month for Discs!

--- edit -----

Interestingly, Amazon has Up! for $27.99 ($1 less than they are charging for Monsters!)
    Last edited by santadog; 10-03-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: New information has come to light, man!

• is poppin' tags

Awesome!!!! That's just 8 days before my birthday (I share my B-day with Mickey!). I can't wait! I have never seen a movie that made me cry in the beginning and in the end. UP is truly amazing. It even made my street-hardened ex-punk-rock-hobo boyfriend get misty-eyed! We give it 10 frothy beers up!!! Pun intended!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Talk done! Awesome response from the audience. Dug's Special mission special presentation played so well! Thank you, Ottawa!

Pixar's Ronnie del Carmen at the Ottawa International Animation Festival
    https://twitter.com/paperbiscuit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast