Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Re: Superheros at Disneyland? Disney buys Marvel (merged threads)

Not sure if anyone has heard this interview but i found it quite interesting especially coming from the creator of some of these Marvel characters. should be especially interesting for Marvel comic fans

Stan Lee is super excited about this merger. He says that this is the best thing to happen to Marvel.

Stan Lee on Disney-Marvel Deal - Video - FOXBusiness.com

I think they'll both be seperate from each other for the most part- I don't see Wolverine walking around fantasyland anytime soon. I'm thinking maybe they'll build a ride- which I'd be excited for. I just think that marvel will do it's own thing-and keep on producing movies, as disney will do the same.

Oh how I love smiles!

• Minion

well according to stan lee its going to be beautiful. But what i found intersting is how he immediately talked about marketing and movies and the perserving of the characters for the long haul, but the notion of themepark rides and ideas had to be brought up to him. Just to me seems that themepark ideas and so forth are not on the tip of the iceberg.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Also, I know people are comparing this to the "Muppets" thing, but let's remember, Disney didn't actually buy the Muppets until a couple of years ago. That was LONG after they had Muppet attractions in the parks. We already know that they are planning more Muppet stuff next year.
    Didn't Jim Henson left the Muppets to Disney in his will when he passed away?? That's what I heard anyways. The people were NOT happy with that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I read this this morning and I just can't settle it. Its like Microsoft buying Apple, they wont go together. Bleck.

I think now that I need to become an Imagineer to stop this nonsence from invading Disneyland!
    Agreed, Marvel DOES NOT have any place in DL, or DCA, maybe in HPB. They just don't fit. Maybe build a third park and keep that separate from DL and DCA.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Didn't Jim Henson left the Muppets to Disney in his will when he passed away?? That's what I heard anyways. The people were NOT happy with that decision.
    IIRC, the hubbub was over the full rights to the Sesame Street characters he explicitly transferred to Children's Television Workshop. Excluding Kermit and a few others that did a few cameos but weren't there every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Agreed, Marvel DOES NOT have any place in DL, or DCA, maybe in HPB. They just don't fit. Maybe build a third park and keep that separate from DL and DCA.
    DCA might make a decent temporary home for the Marvel characters till the TTP is built (and I betcha they'll theme it around...)

But most of the Marvel characters would Not be a good fit in Disneyland. There isn't enough Brain Bleach in the universe to clean the resulting images out of people's minds...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Re: Superheros at Disneyland? Disney buys Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    *sigh*
    You know, I try to tell myself that there's still something left of the old Disney in the present corporation. But really...no.

I'm not a fan of the Marvel universe, although my husband is. My 6 year old is not into it at all. But I'm almost sick at the thought of what they will do to the parks. There is absolutely no way that I can see the MBAs spending $4b on this and not shoving it down our throats every single chance they get. Maybe they can get Wolverine to slash the stuffing out of Pooh every hour on the hour. Or Spider-Man can "fly" instead of TinkerBell.

No wonder they're trying to make the D23 expo like Comic-con. By next year, it WILL be comic-con jr.

I hate the acquisitiveness of the MBAs, I hate the lack of imagination in just buying something instead of creating your own and I hate that the money this will cost will probably be the excuse for the next 10 years for everything that NEEDS doing that they won't get done. "Well, we did buy Marvel! When we get that ROI we'll fix stuff, honest" Mostly I hate that while I respect Marvel and know that there's a huge audience for their stuff, I do NOT think it blends well with Disney.
    I was backtracking through this thread, and came across this post. Well said, Snorklets! You're so right; buying everything in sight is the lazy, uncreative, and brainless way that the suits pretend to be doing their jobs.

If they thought that super heroes were such a great resource for movie making, why didn't they buy Marvel when it was cheap and do it themselves? They didn't, because it's easier to just sit back and watch someone else do the trailblazing, then open the checkbook and buy them before they can become bigger than you.

And because Disney came late to this party, they have to pay a huge cover charge (so to speak) and later on, they plead poverty whenever the theme parks need reinvestment. Well, stop trying to buy the world and maybe you can do right by your best assets! How about some focus on what you do best, rather than running an endlessly diversified, bloated, all-things-to-all-people entertainment conglomerate that is quickly losing its soul?
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 09-01-2009 at 03:53 AM.

Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!

• MC's Graveyard Crew

2300+ Theme Park Photos & More

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!Third gate!

How about finishing up the 2nd gate first?
    or just converting dca into DPASA. "disneys pixar and superhero adventures"

seriously folks financially for disney to own the marvel franchises that is just huge in terms of licensing. Thankfully we still do have a creative (lassetter) who will protect dland from the MBA synergy, but if/when he leaves or retires all bets are off!

Help us obi wan knobi your our only hope!

(very funny picture by the way Sean!!!!)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Wow Disney is buying Marvel for 4billion!!! (close of sale is pending govt. Review)
    does this mean we will see the lucrative superhero franchise at Disneyland?
    Or will the characters be M.I.A. Like the muppets? Not that I am proposing superheros should be at the park although i'm sure many millions of boys would certainly like that. Very very interesting. Let's see what his means for Disney/pixar/marvel land
    Kermit and Hulk - The Green Team

• Yeah...I'm cool

Re: Superheros at Disneyland? Disney buys Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I was backtracking through this thread, and came across this post. Well said, Snorklets! You're so right; buying everything in sight is the lazy, uncreative, and brainless way that the suits pretend to be doing their jobs.

If they thought that super heroes were such a great resource for movie making, why didn't they buy Marvel when it was cheap and do it themselves? They didn't, because it's easier to just sit back and watch someone else do the trailblazing, then open the checkbook and buy them before they can become bigger than you.

And because Disney came late to this party, they have to pay a huge cover charge (so to speak) and later on, they plead poverty whenever the theme parks need reinvestment. Well, stop trying to buy the world and maybe you can do right by your best assets! How about some focus on what you do best, rather than running an endlessly diversified, bloated, all-things-to-all-people entertainment conglomerate that is quickly losing its soul?
    Disney is a business, not an artist commune, and I believe the Marvel acqusition is a good one.

It wouldn't have made sense to buy it years ago, because they had no proven blockbusters, and their cash flow was based on comic book sales. But now they have proven hits on their hands, an expanding merchandise wing, and hit theme park attractions.

I believe 4billion is a good price for an asset that will have many years ahead
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not sure if anyone has heard this interview but i found it quite interesting especially coming from the creator of some of these Marvel characters. should be especially interesting for Marvel comic fans

Stan Lee is super excited about this merger. He says that this is the best thing to happen to Marvel.

Stan Lee on Disney-Marvel Deal - Video - FOXBusiness.com
    Very interesting indeed!
    If Stan Lee is ok with it, that is a good sign. But then again there could be something written in the contract that makes him have to be publicly ok with it

So who is the first Marvel superhero we will see at the "resort" ?

From last night's Conan:

"Gooferine"
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by RobotWolf View Post
    From last night's Conan:

"Gooferine"

I missed last nights episode. Are the Disney/Marvel clips on YouTube?
    Last edited by Mousepoop; 09-01-2009 at 11:17 AM.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepoop View Post

I missed last nights episode. Are the Disney/Marvel clips on YouTube?
    You can probably watch the entire episode on Hulu.com.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast