Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Superheros at Disneyland? Disney buys Marvel

great..i have a feeling now the 3rd park is a Island of adventures like they have in florida.. if it happens
    which comes to the thought if Disney now owns the florida park O.O

• Kawasaki Kreep

First off this is only my opinion, yours may differ.....

<rant>

NOOOOOOOO! OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THINGS SACRED NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I don't care if they own marvel but I absolutely DESPISE comic book hero's and have since I was about 6, I think they are just pure and utter worthless stupidity.

Having comic book characters at a Disney park would utterly spoil things for me, and god forbid they re-theme things to accommodate them!

If they go ahead and build another theme park that is super hero based then fine, whatever, I can tolerate that and avoid if necessary.
    BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO I EVER

WANT ANYTHING MARVEL OR DC OR ANY OF THAT SPANDEX WEARING SUPER HERO JUNK AT THE DLR.

<rant/>

Again this is my personal opinion. I don't think any less of someone for liking superheroes, plenty of my friends do. It's just really not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

A thought.....Is Universal(IOA) going to have to pay Disney? Anyone want to explain the legal mumbo jumbo that this merger creates pertaining to Marvel Comic Island or whatever that land is called??

• Minion

Great. If there put in the parks throught attractions/shows/walk arounds ect; lets hope disney does it wisley. I would so aprove of an X-men ride.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Before everybody gets carried away, Universal Studios has the exclusive right to use Marvel characters in theme parks in the United States, Japan and some other countries. Islands of Adventure in Florida has an entirely Marvel-themed land.

Disney purchasing Marvel does not supersede this. Universal still has the exclusive theme park rights, regardless of Disney owning Marvel.

So before we see Marvel at Disney parks, we need to see terms of Universal's theme park rights modified.
    There are a few details you are missing. Universal's contract only gives the theme park division exclusive U.S. rights east of the Mississippi River for theme park attractions built around agreed franchises. Currently the contract only agrees to the franchises surrounding Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four (notably Dr. Doom). These agreements are to be honored as long as these attractions are in operation or the contracts are adjusted.

Universal does NOT have an agreement to use the entire library, only the agreed characters used in the four theme park attractions. If Universal wanted to use another franchise, such as Iron Man, it would have to create a new agreement with Marvel for those characters.

Any other use of Marvel's library within Universal Orlando is most likely used via a royalty agreement and are not exclusive, as far as I am aware of.

This contract can be renegotiated as well, as most all contracts leave room for adjustments in cases such as this.

This being said, once this acquisition is final, Disney is free to use Spider-Man, X-Men and any other character in theme park attractions west of the Mississippi River, and any other character that is not already contracted by other companies for theme park use east of the Mississippi River, suck as Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    There are a few details you are missing. Universal's contract only gives the theme park division exclusive U.S. rights east of the Mississippi River for theme park attractions built around agreed franchises. Currently the contract only agrees to the franchises surrounding Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, X-Men and Fantastic Four (notably Dr. Doom). These agreements are to be honored as long as these attractions are in operation or the contracts are adjusted.

Universal does NOT have an agreement to use the entire library, only the agreed characters used in the four theme park attractions. If Universal wanted to use another franchise, such as Iron Man, it would have to create a new agreement with Marvel for those characters.

Any other use of Marvel's library within Universal Orlando is most likely used via a royalty agreement and are not exclusive, as far as I am aware of.

This contract can be renegotiated as well, as most all contracts leave room for adjustments in cases such as this.

This being said, once this acquisition is final, Disney is free to use Spider-Man, X-Men and any other character in theme park attractions west of the Mississippi River, and any other character that is not already contracted by other companies for theme park use east of the Mississippi River, suck as Iron Man.
    Thanks!

[sarcasm]How long til Disney builds a Marvel Theme Park ON the Mississippi....[sarcasm]

• Minion

Wow! Just wow! My brain is twisting and turning with thoughts of how this can all go....good? bad? I have no idea...but the uncertainty is nauseating.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, if Disney does have walkaround characters, at least the costumes will be better than what's currently out there at other theme parks and events.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Re: Superheros at Disneyland? Disney buys Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    Aw jeez...and people were telling me that Iger and Lasseter were going to bring back the real Disney spirit...

Well, if you can't create good boy-oriented characters, you buy 'em, I guess.
    This is an admission of failure by Disney. Guess since Disney XD isn't going great guns, especially that Aaron Stone thing, they got desperate.

Man, think what that 4B could have done for the parks...
    I am so relieved to see that after three pages I'm not the only one with this take! I had to read the first page several times to be sure I actually understood this; it's that bizarro to me. What you said is exactly how I feel, especially because Lasseter and Pixar do have a track record of incredible male characters... That pun wasn't intentional, but it reminds me, there is already a stable of superhero characters developed for The Incredibles. If they wanted superheroes, why not expand those? This makes me nervous. How can we ever have anything new if the only companies with enough money to compete with each other keep just rotating and recycling ideas?

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

why am i now thinking now since marvel is been bought,,im sensing a Incredibles comic series or some crossover with them?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Wow Disney is buying Marvel for 4billion!!! (close of sale is pending govt. Review)
    does this mean we will see the lucrative superhero franchise at Disneyland?
    Or will the characters be M.I.A. Like the muppets? Not that I am proposing superheros should be at the park although i'm sure many millions of boys would certainly like that. Very very interesting. Let's see what his means for Disney/pixar/marvel land
    Perfect timing: right after just about every Marvel hero has had films and remakes made.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Golden Teeth and Tones

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    why am i now thinking now since marvel is been bought,,im sensing a Incredibles comic series or some crossover with them?
    Boom! Comics is already writing an Incredibles comic. They've also got other Disney-owned properties, including the Muppet Show which is probably the best written take on those characters in years.
    Stuck in Western NY, and feeling so far away from the Magic.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Perfect timing: right after just about every Marvel hero has had films and remakes made.
    That's exactly what I thought. But I'm sure Disney will find a way.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JIrish780 View Post
    Boom! Comics is already writing an Incredibles comic. They've also got other Disney-owned properties, including the Muppet Show which is probably the best written take on those characters in years.
    Which isn't saying much. And the art is TERRIBLE.

The Cars and Incredibles books aren't bad though...

• Mickey is not my Brother

Well maybe they will make a decent Disney adventure comic. Or a Kingdom Hearts comic. But please don't invade Disneyland or DCA for that matter. DCA is trying to go through a whole new look via theming and revitalization I fear superheroes would destroy that.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast