Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Re: Superheros at Disneyland? Disney buys Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    Aw jeez...and people were telling me that Iger and Lasseter were going to bring back the real Disney spirit...

Well, if you can't create good boy-oriented characters, you buy 'em, I guess. This is an admission of failure by Disney. Guess since Disney XD isn't going great guns, especially that Aaron Stone thing, they got desperate.

Man, think what that 4B could have done for the parks...
    the 4 billion being spent on Marvel will bring in much more revenue to the company in the long run than it would bring if spent at the parks.

• Banned User

Re: Disney is purchasing Marvel Comics. Spiderman ride in the future?

I really don't like this integration. I'm a Marvel fan but these two worlds don't mix well. I hope there are no attractions.

I think this is really a $4 billion diversion so that we don't talk about Murphy not appearing tonite!
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by JIrish780 View Post
    3) Put 'em in DCA/Hollywood Studios: Okay, thematically it's not that great, but it's as close as we're going to get. With Marvel's massive box office presence as of late, their movies are one of the defining aspects of 21st Century film. They're the Star Wars of this current era, only with built-in name recognition. So Hollywood studios is a decent fit, and DCA will have to act as the surrogate counterpart.

Really, folks, what else is even left at this point? EPCOT? No way. Animal Kingdom?? Never in a million years, so long as they've got sense. DCA's new theme is weak and tenuous, IMHO, and making good attractions should be their first priority, no matter what brand they fall under.

... and come on, you know you want to see Storm in there cast to Disney's rigorous standards.
    Oh Imagine a special WOC show with a segment using Storm!!

I think with the right attitude and creative imagination WDI could come up with a couple interesting ideas for attractions that might fit Paradise Pier and the Hollywood backlot but the one park that might actually benefit from Marvel could be DHS in orlando.

Everybody was wondering what Disney could eventually do to rival the soon to open Harry potter Land. Well how about finally tearing down what is left of the pathetic studio tour at DHS and building an immersive Marvel world.

• Disneyland History Lover

Interesting news. I don't think they will, but I hope Disney doesn't mix Marvel characters with Disney characters in the parks. Especially in Disneyland. I agree that the prospect of a Marvel themed park at some point in the future would be very interesting if done right. I wonder how that would work with the Spiderman dark ride at Universal Studios in Orlando.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    I think this is really a $4 billion diversion so that we don't talk about Murphy not appearing tonite!
    Or Murphy is being replaced by a dragon of a different sort.

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Seasick

Maybe we'll see this family friendly character on Main Street by the end of the week:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/ma...light/16-1.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-31-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: hotlinked image removed

• Golden Teeth and Tones

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Or Murphy is being replaced by a dragon of a different sort.

That's not Marvel. That's Image Comics. But you likely knew that and just grabbed the first comics dragon you could find for the gag.

Now, if you want a Marvel dragon, I can think of 2, one serious, and one silly. Take your pick, folks.
    Stuck in Western NY, and feeling so far away from the Magic.

• I'm not really here

It will be many many years before anything happens like this. The rights to theme park attractions are already owned and this purchase does not affect them at all. Those contracts will either have to expire naturally or they will have to be bought (at a pretty hefty price) by Disney.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I agree. I don't think Disney and Marvel go hand in hand. Although, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Personally, I don't see Marvel working at all inside Disneyland. This is something for DHS or maybe an entirely new theme park.

• PAP Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It will be many many years before anything happens like this. The rights to theme park attractions are already owned and this purchase does not affect them at all. Those contracts will either have to expire naturally or they will have to be bought (at a pretty hefty price) by Disney.
    This.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by JIrish780 View Post
    That's not Marvel. That's Image Comics. But you likely knew that and just grabbed the first comics dragon you could find for the gag.

Now, if you want a Marvel dragon, I can think of 2, one serious, and one silly. Take your pick, folks.
    Oops, well I googled Marvel & Dragon and it came up, lol.

So what are the actual Marvel dragons?

Maybe this whole Disney-Marvel could lead to Anaheim's third gate being Hero's & Villians....

With some creative writing, and a grain of salt, we'd be set, smack dab in the middle of marvel heroes and Disney heroes vs Said Entitie's combined villians. Who knows if today's imagineers(or Burbank) could pull of(pay for) something that magnificiant(or convoluted) but that's where the grain of salt(or handful) comes in.

This merger is IfN weird.

I say get rid of the old tomorrowland and give us a scifi superhero Land

I say change Main Street to Marvel Street.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast