Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

they may battle it out in legal it would be awesome if disney steals universal thunder and makes them shut down and retheme all those rides...

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    they may battle it out in legal it would be awesome if disney steals universal thunder and makes them shut down and retheme all those rides...

There are already lots of Disney haters out there. Such a strong armed move to strip Universal and their fan base of the attractions would certainly hurt Disney's image.

My guess is they will work out some deal that would not be so heavy handed.

• Golden State of Mind

something tells me those marvel things in universal aren't going anywhere
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by CL_CooledCoyote View Post
    Are 'The Princess and the Frog' animators going to try and sneek in the Swamp Thing in the bayou now?
    Swamp Thing is a DC property
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Iron Man
    Oh! An recovering alcoholic at the theme park that serves booze! Yes! San Fran right?

• King of Los Angeles

Marvel fits the overall Disney strategy, but not necessarily the time and place Disney pars at this point. Disney also consists of ABC properties like LOST, Desperate Housewives, and ESPN. If they did have any place in the parks, I'd liek to see a Marvel studios section of Disney's Hollywood studios to compliment Pixar place. Add ABC and Muppet studios, and the park would be amazing. It fits there. A place where the characetrs from all Disney arms live and play.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I think Disney would be much more likely to use the characters as leverage to get something else they want out of Universal and continue to license the Marvel characters to Universal.

But Universal did pull the Marvel characters out of Universal Studios Hollywood; so, you never know. It sure would be hard for them to retheme their amazing Spiderman ride.

Good for Disney. This was a bold move which should pay off for a long time. This news is almost as big for Disney as buying Pixar was.

Can Dreamworks animation be far behind?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Biff View Post
    So sounds like they have a plan for the strawberry field now.
    This is the ONE idea that makes the MOST sense, as opposed to putting them in the existing parks.

Plus, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I thought I heard that they were putting in a "Spiderman" style ride in USH with a Transformers theme. Maybe they will just swap the theming in IOA?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Seems like a smart move given Marvel's track record but I wonder what will Disney has cooked up in the immediate furture, since Spider Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and I think the X-Men Origin stories are all already under contract with other studios.
    Iron Man, Thor and (I'm almost positive that it reverted back) Hulk ALL belong to Marvel Studios. The distribution MAY be locked up with someone else, but those are WHOLLY owned by Marvel and Marvel alone.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Oh! An recovering alcoholic at the theme park that serves booze! Yes! San Fran right?
    LA I believe.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by jedited View Post
    Iron Man, Thor and (I'm almost positive that it reverted back) Hulk ALL belong to Marvel Studios. The distribution MAY be locked up with someone else, but those are WHOLLY owned by Marvel and Marvel alone.
    That is correct. The last Hulk movie (which was awesome BTW) was distributed exclusively by Marvel. I think the only franchise in question (as far as distribution is concerned) is Spiderman. Not sure if Paramount still has the rights to distribute that franchise.

• 2nd Twin

I'm not a big Marvel fan at all. Personally, I think the characters seem cheap (this is my opinion). If I were Disney, I would just make movies, maybe TV shows, and license the characters off to other companies...even competitors. If I see Spiderman or Hulk in Disneyland or Disneyworld (with the exception of Disney's Hollywood Studios) I will officially disown them. These two should be separate.
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That is correct. The last Hulk movie (which was awesome BTW) was distributed exclusively by Marvel. I think the only franchise in question (as far as distribution is concerned) is Spiderman. Not sure if Paramount still has the rights to distribute that franchise.
    Spiderman AND XMen (20th Century). I'm not sure about Fantasic Four. I heard a reboot was coming, so I would assume that reverted back to Marvel as well.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by CL_CooledCoyote View Post
    Are 'The Princess and the Frog' animators going to try and sneek in the Swamp Thing in the bayou now?
    I don't see why they would. Disney does not own the Swamp Thing character. Swamp Thing is owned by DC Comics and Warner Brothers.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    The New York Times article adds that Marvel characters will be added to Disney parks. I just hope they don't add them to DL, I don't see where they could possibly fit with the existing themes. DCA would be fine however.

Too late...

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast