Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    they may battle it out in legal it would be awesome if disney steals universal thunder and makes them shut down and retheme all those rides...
    Why would this be awesome? Less competition equals higher prices.

• Golden State of Mind

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by jedited View Post
    Iron Man, Thor and (I'm almost positive that it reverted back) Hulk ALL belong to Marvel Studios. The distribution MAY be locked up with someone else, but those are WHOLLY owned by Marvel and Marvel alone.
    Sorry I was only talking about the movies, Marvel will still own the characters so in that sense you are correct. The distribution for the other films IS locked up with others though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That is correct. The last Hulk movie (which was awesome BTW) was distributed exclusively by Marvel. I think the only franchise in question (as far as distribution is concerned) is Spiderman. Not sure if Paramount still has the rights to distribute that franchise.
    Not trying to be rude in any of this just pointing out things, I promise.

The last Hulk movie, the one with Ed Norton was distributed with Universal Studios. Paramount has the rights to Iron Man 2, The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers. Sony (Columbia) still has all Spider-Man movies, and Fox has The X-Men Franchise (Wolverine movies etc.)
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Imagineer in training

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion Biff View Post
    So sounds like they have a plan for the strawberry field now.
    My thoughts exactly.

I just saw this story on the news. Wow.

• Shablagoo!

I am unsure how I feel about this yet. Still if it gets the X-men and Fantastic Four properties away from FOX, that is great news. Fox movies have stunk for the most part.

• Banned User

Yet another example of a Johnny-come-lately move from Disney, overpaying for a hot company rather than being ahead of the curve. They could have picked up Marvel for a song when the stock was in the toilet, before the string of big movies. Now they are shelling out billions at a time when the super hero trend in movies may well be peaking. And how exactly do super heroes fit in with Disney characters and theme parks? Bad move all around. And if they force Universal to get rid of their superb Spider Man ride, I (and many others) will be seriously ticked off.

• 2nd Twin

Wouldn't Disney have problems with competition? From what I've heard, I think the government may look at this deal. Personally, I hope it doesn't go through.
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

I am really excited about this deal and the potential it holds for both companies. Off the top of my head

-Pixar's involvement with marvel properties, an aicn report says lasseter is drooling over the possibilities.

-video games synergy with disney characters ala kingdom hearts.

-a true marvel universe in films and more importantly TV. Can ABC top Heroes with a Marvel universe TV show? I think so.

-The coup de grace- Theme park and rides. I don't have much information on what this means for Universal IOA but Disney can now utilize marvel properties in theme parks, rides and attractions.

-With D23 expo coming up, this reminds me that Disney could possibly pull Marvel properties from comicon and put it under it's own corporate umbrella in the future with the D23 expo.

Basically the possibilities are endless and I am excited for the what the future may hold. I really don't want to focus on the negative side of the deal and what it means to both companies as that has been hashed out to death on message boards for both companies.

Excelsior.

• 2nd Twin

Quote Originally Posted by Pete's Dragon View Post

Excelsior.

Oh, god here we go!
    -Andrew

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by StaySeatedPlease View Post
    Wouldn't Disney have problems with competition? From what I've heard, I think the government may look at this deal. Personally, I hope it doesn't go through.
    Disney management is trying to buy the world. Takes less brains than coming up with your own creative properties. "Hey, that looks good...buy it!" Repeat until you're overwhelmed with debt (they didn't learn anything from the Six Flags debacle?)

• Shablagoo!

Holy COW!

I just thought of the greatest thing ever. A new Fantastic Four film directed by... BRAD BIRD! That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by StaySeatedPlease View Post

Looking at who we have in office, it wouldn't surprise me for the goverment to try and reach it's claws into the deal.

• 2nd Twin

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Disney management is trying to buy the world. Takes less brains than coming up with your own creative properties. "Hey, that looks good...buy it!" Repeat until you're overwhelmed with debt (they didn't learn anything from the Six Flags debacle?)
    Ya, I think this was a bad idea. I honestly don't think we need it. We're better going our own way, IMHO.
    -Andrew

• Circle of Ancients

Come on, tell me this doesn't look AWESOME!!!

+1

Tremendous

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Epic Win!

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast