Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Golden State of Mind

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

i don't understand how this could be looked at as a bad idea
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Shablagoo!

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

A few questions/thoughts.

Will this deal impact the Max line of comics. These are comics for more adult readers. Will Disney make them shut them down?

How will this impact the comic book publishing of Disney Comics through companies like Boom Studios who are currently doing comics based on properties such as Incredibles and Cars?

How will Howard the Duck be effected?

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Too late...

Best castle show ever.

• 2nd Twin

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Come on, tell me this doesn't look AWESOME!!!

No! It looks very cheesy (and wrong). Lol...this is terrible!
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

• DTL= Disney Thug Love

Disney is a little more careful with their image than you're giving them credit for.

I don't think we will be worrying about any Marvel crossover into DL or DCA. It's not the Disney image.

However, once Pixar marries Marvel for a movie and it's produced under the Disney title, that's when we'll see something. I don't think we need to worry about it any sooner.
    DTL

• Fairies and Mermaids!

The Only Cartoon On Disney And Marvel That You Need To See - G4tv.com

Found this over at g4tv.com. Even the Marvel writers are digging this and already having fun. Never mind the fact Eeyore is a guy... just saying... lol

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joel View Post
    The Only Cartoon On Disney And Marvel That You Need To See - G4tv.com

Found this over at g4tv.com. Even the Marvel writers are digging this and already having fun. Never mind the fact Eeyore is a guy... just saying... lol

Woof!

terrible.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 2nd Twin

God, I hope they just use the characters to make movies, tv shows, and comics. If I see a superhero theme park, I swear I'm going to puke.
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

• Element of Laughter

. . . wondering how soon it will be before we see Spider-Mickey™ merchandise.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Does this mean we get a Wolverine face character at Disneyland? Because I'd be really excited to pose with him. Also what does this mean comic wise and character design wise? Disney's a family company and some of the females (okay a good chunk) of the females in Marvel's comic books dress really seductively... Would Disney change that to be more "family friendly"? Wondering what this means for the funny books.
    Cut your steak sir? Oops, sorry about your leg. Would you like a stake?

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by StaySeatedPlease View Post
    God, I hope they just use the characters to make movies, tv shows, and comics. If I see a superhero theme park, I swear I'm going to puke.
    Why? What if Disney built a Marvel theme park in the Strawberry fields? And what if it was the most amazing well themed park ever? I could understand puking if the characters took over Disneyland, but over a Superhero theme park?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Son Gohan View Post
    . . . wondering how soon it will be before we see Spider-Mickey™ merchandise.
    We've already got the stupid Mike Wasowski Mickey and other stupid ones. Those can't be any worse than that.

Here is a report from AICN that may answer some of your questions. Really excited about this deal. Like the ideas some of you have mentioned about refurbing DHS with Marvel properties. The possibilities are endless.

UPDATE #1: In a conference call, the companies said that the deals for movies for characters at other studios (Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.) will stay in place under the terms set by Marvel and the other studios.

UPDATE #2: John Lasseter met with Marvel last week about a possible team-up between Marvel and Pixar and got "pretty excited, pretty fast." They say there's definitely an opportunity there.

UPDATE #3: The deal with Paramount Pictures to distribute "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "Captain America" and "The Avengers" stays in place as well, but Disney would like to self-distribute down the line. "When the time comes we'll take a closer look at it."

I'm really not sure what to say here, except 1) I smell some interesting theme park rides in our future, and 2) I wonder who would win in a fight between Iron Man and Emperor Zurg?

There are so many questions here: what does this mean for comics-to-film/TV projects currently in development? I'm assuming many will move FWD as contracted/planned, but future installments (sequels and what not) could end up being bounced back to Disney? I.e. IRON MAN 2 is clearly being issued by Paramount, but might IRON MAN 3 potentially be a Disney release? Would HULK remain a Universal interest, or will Mickey now have his way with him? I'm guessing this will differ on a case by case basis - informed by whatever agreements are currently in place? How does this impact Disney's synergy with companies like Pixar? Will we now see Marvel-based CG extravaganzas? Or, if Pixar's gravitating towards live action...? And, to what extent will Marvel remain relatively autonimouse (sorry, I couldn't resist)?

Someone explain before my head explodes!

• DTL= Disney Thug Love

I think one of the largest things we might see from this marriage will be Disney character comic book series (ie. The Incredibles, Wall-E, etc.) created by the Marvel comic team.

I still hold to the idea that we won't see Marvel in the parks unless it's a Marvel/Disney movie, which won't be for a few years.
    DTL

• Sock Puppet

Exclamation Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by StaySeatedPlease View Post
    No! It looks very cheesy (and wrong). Lol...this is terrible!
    I agree completely. But what about a whole park dedicated to Marvel characters but with the same level of detail that has gone into the other Disney parks? This could be insanely great, assuming they don't screw it up.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast