Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Theme song guy

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Spider-man, Goofy, and Kermit the Frog all in the same place! Brings a tear of joy to my eyes!
    It's like i'm talking to a monkey, a really really big stupid monkey named Kronk.

• Banned User

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Come on, tell me this doesn't look AWESOME!!!

Scary...

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulder Angel View Post
    Spider-man, Goofy, and Kermit the Frog all in the same place! Brings a tear of joy to my eyes!
    I wouldn't go that far, but I like the idea.

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• 2nd Twin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gray View Post
    I think one of the largest things we might see from this marriage will be Disney character comic book series (ie. The Incredibles, Wall-E, etc.) created by the Marvel comic team.

I still hold to the idea that we won't see Marvel in the parks unless it's a Marvel/Disney movie, which won't be for a few years.

Now this would be cool.

I hope, if there is another theme park, Disney will prove me wrong. I hope they prove me wrong.
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

• Dreaming of Disney...

I hope this doesn't mean disney is going down the path of amusement parks!!! I dont really want to be seeing those characters anywhere near Disney Parks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StaySeatedPlease View Post
    Wouldn't Disney have problems with competition? From what I've heard, I think the government may look at this deal. Personally, I hope it doesn't go through.
    The DOJ isn't going to care about this one. I can't see gov't. getting involved in what will amount to less competition in...the cartoon industry. Not to mention Disney and Marvel are two different markets anyway. No different than McDonald's starting up Chipotle. Same owner, different markets.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Pete's Dragon View Post
    I smell some interesting theme park rides in our future
    Won't this have to wait until Universal's contract with Marvel expires? Does anyone know when that will be?

• Seasick

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel characters used in shows in the parks. Indiana Jones and Darth Vader have been, and they're not exactly classic Disney characters. Granted, they both have a ride in the park, so it doesn't seem inappropriate, as it might have otherwise.

Are Marvel characters in Disneyland any less appropriate?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

I'm seeing HUGE opportunities for Marvel character-themed Pixar movies. It's hard to say how parks will be affected. If Uni has contracts with Marvel for character rights east of the MS, then those contracts will soon be owned by Disney. Disney will do what it can to terminate the contracts (which would result in fees paid to Uni), or turn up the pain somehow to make Uni pay Disney for continued usage. Either way, this can't be good for Uni who is already up the creek with the dumb Spielberg perpetuity they have to pay him every year.

Personally, I'm thinking that the Disney Studios in Paris will get a Spidey ride in the very near future. The Marvel characters may play very well in HK, Paris, Shanghai and any other foreign site Disney plans to build. How about character appearances on DCL? This deal is really, really big.

• 2nd Twin

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel characters used in shows in the parks. Indiana Jones and Darth Vader have been, and they're not exactly classic Disney characters. Granted, they both have a ride in the park, so it doesn't seem inappropriate, as it might have otherwise.

Are Marvel characters in Disneyland any less appropriate?

Yes. Indiana Jones is adventure in Adventureland. Darth and C3PO are futuristic. Superheroes?
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepoop View Post
    Won't this have to wait until Universal's contract with Marvel expires? Does anyone know when that will be?
    On the east coast yes ... Universal owns the rights to Spiderman, Fantastic 4 and Hulk for use in their parks east of the Mississippi.

This does not prevent anything coming to DCA or Paris. Not sure about Japan or China though.

• Sock Puppet

Yes. Indiana Jones is adventure in Adventureland. Darth and C3PO are futuristic. Superheroes?
    Will we see a live action "Mr. Incredible" in the next X-Men movie?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepoop View Post
    USH licensing deal ended on 1/1/08, their retail merchandise sales is separate.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Shablagoo!

In Fantastic Four #5, the first appearance of Dr Doom, Doom sent the Thing back in time to acquire an item. The Thing ended up becoming Blackbeard the Pirate.

So expect the Thing on Pirates of the Carribbean any time now. But he will be in theme, dressed as a pirate.

• Go Seahawks!

Quote Originally Posted by WesternMouse View Post
    The DOJ isn't going to care about this one. I can't see gov't. getting involved in what will amount to less competition in...the cartoon industry. Not to mention Disney and Marvel are two different markets anyway. No different than McDonald's starting up Chipotle. Same owner, different markets.

Hey just want to clear things up abit Chipotle was started by Steve Ells. McD's for a while had majority interest in it and has since sold it off.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast