Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    On the east coast yes ... Universal owns the rights to Spiderman, Fantastic 4 and Hulk for use in their parks east of the Mississippi.

This does not prevent anything coming to DCA or Paris. Not sure about Japan or China though.

There's one option open to Disney. They could buy Universal.

Assuming..

1. They could afford it
    2. Universal would be willing to sell
    3. The government would approve the sale

..this would create probably the world's biggest film company, plus Disney would gain a few theme parks in the process. Of course, the existing Universal parks would undergo a massive remodeling to bring them up to Disney's standards. Many of the rides would have to go.

So could this happen?

• 2nd Twin

Re: Spiderman and Hulk move into Fantasyland (Disney to buy Marvel for $4 Billion)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepoop View Post
    Will we see a live action "Mr. Incredible" in the next X-Men movie?

I hope not, you can only beat a dead horse so much times!

..this would create probably the world's biggest film company, plus Disney would gain a few theme parks in the process. Of course, the existing Universal parks would undergo a massive remodeling to bring them up to Disney's standards. Many of the rides would have to go.

So could this happen?
    I doubt it, the government part would ruin it. It would be awesome though!
    -Andrew

"Por favor, permanezca sentado."

• Inappropriate

Deleted post
    Last edited by Pizzapants; 08-31-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Go Seahawks!

This to me is a great deal for both parties. As for the Universal part well sure it will end up something like the deal they got worked out with Desperate Housewife's. These two big companys might be in competition but they also know it good to have your competitor have to pay you.

Thinks about it family's that go to Orlando on vacation usually go to both parks so both get money. Disney strong arms Universal or even pushes Universal to give up Marvel themes in Orlando they look bad. They can let Orlando keep Marvel and every year charge 10% more kinda like free money.

As for the comic books I'm sure people a Disney know alot better than to touch the books at all. The books are what made the movies which made this deal. WB lets DC do their own thing so I'm sure Disney will still let the girls dress how they dress

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Assuming..

The question is would NBC Universal be willing to sell off Universal?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Too late...

Is it bad that I like the fact that he's break dancing in tennis shoes in front of the castle and no one cares? Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Holy COW!

I just thought of the greatest thing ever. A new Fantastic Four film directed by... BRAD BIRD! That would be awesome
    Now that you bring it up (and you brought up Fox and the SUCKAGE they did to Fantastic Four in another post), can I just say I like the fact that Brad Bird is a giant comic book fan? Incredibles is in my top 5 favorite movies (Iron Giant in the top 10). I still want a Peyton Reed Fantastic Four movie though. He pegged the 60's pop vibe with Down With Love and he was attached for awhile...

I just hope the Disney folks love these iconic characters as much as some of us do and don't just throw them willy nilly into the parks. Instead they respect them and do right by them. I wonder where this leaves Stan Lee.
    Come on, tell me this doesn't look AWESOME!!!

Is it bad that I can recognize so many of them? That's kinda' over kill but it'd be fun to have the door open to cool amusement park opportunities. Seriously 3rd gate!

• King of Los Angeles

I don't see that happening anytime soon. Consolidation will happen in this industry especially in weak economic times, but NBC/UNI is too big and is made up of several direct competitors. I'd like to see them pursue Lucasfilm next.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The question is would NBC Universal be willing to sell off Universal?
    That's the point indeed. They would have to be separated, Disney can't own both ABC and NBC. The real question is: would GE be willing to split NBC and Universal again?

side note: If I worked for Marvel, I'd be seriously worried about my job right now. It's only a matter of time before Disney goes in there and cleans house, 'consolidating' personnel, etc.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    I don't see that happening anytime soon. Consolidation will happen in this industry especially in weak economic times, but NBC/UNI is too big and is made up of several direct competitors. I'd like to see them pursue Lucasfilm next.
    No chance as long as George Lucas is alive. Which I hope is a good long time.

• Animation Domination

Come on, tell me this doesn't look AWESOME!!!

+2
    Sweet
    "You are watching FOX"

• Sock Puppet

George Lucas may live to be 103, but will he be capable of running the company at that age?

I could see a Disney/Lucas merger with Lucas given a major position in the combined company. And a lot of cash/stock as well....

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy1955 View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean disney is going down the path of amusement parks!!! I dont really want to be seeing those characters anywhere near Disney Parks!!!!
    Yeah, Disguy, I feel the same way.

But (I don't know how old you are) I know that current Disney management doesn't care a whole lot about my age demo. They'll take my money, of course, but I'm not who they are concerned about marketing to any more.

I realize that this goes against basic Internet message board philosophy, but maybe we should wait a bit to see how this plays out before we react.

Oh well, it was worth a shot...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Ack..oh well...
    maybe they should buy the Busch Gardens parks and put them all there.

• Banned User

Assuming..

1. They could afford it

So could this happen?
    Don't give them any more foolish ideas! Universal is heavily in debt, and Disney already overpaid for Pixar and Marvel. Over-leveraging has spelled doom for lots of companies, although I'm not naming any names. *coughsixflagscough*
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 08-31-2009 at 02:02 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    Ack..oh well...
    maybe they should buy the Busch Gardens parks and put them all there.
    They could rebuild the one in Van Nuys for that!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast