Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Which Disney rides could easily be 'rethemed' to include Marvel characters?

Why did they aquire it to begin with? Also I am not familiar with anything Marvel so I have no clue, but don't want anything of this nature to happen anyway.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    How about a re-theme of Buzz where we get to shoot marvel characters and save the world from excessive spandex?

Edit: Instead of the current whimsical laser guns every one gets a Remington 870 loaded with 00 buckshot.
    In other words, Marvel Civil War???

coming soon...Tony Stark's Superhuman Registration Act Blasters!
    Captain America! Shoot him down! Aunt May! Shoot her down!

(disclaimer: not meant to be taken seriously at all)

• U. B. Bold

No. Please no.

Really. No.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwalker View Post
    All I can say is none of the rides can be rethemed to Marvel because they don't belong in Disneyland, period.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Wow, I'm surprised by the sheer hatred in some of these posts. The merger I feel myself is really...odd to say the least, but to take the hate out on Marvel and the characters I think is just ridiculous. I understand people being unhappy with the decision, and I think it's weird myself, and how some might not care for the characters, but all this bashing against Marvel this seems to be causing itself I think is getting out of hand.

We won't be seeing anything involving Disney and Marvel together for a long while, and even when it comes, I doubt there'd be anything Marvel related in Disneyland. I love both the Disney and Marvel characters just as much, and both appeal equally to children and teenagers. I'm taking a wait and see approach with this, but all this seeming hatred against Marvel for no reason just had me to say something. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by TightropeGirlLover; 08-31-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HVStorm55 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to suggest that Human Torch can set off the fireworks at night in place of Tinkerbell.
    Human Torch? No.

Jubilee? YES!!!

I've got it.

Turn Innoventions into...

(drum roll)

CAPTAIN AMERICA SINGS!

• Inhospitable about happy

HVStorm55, someone's entire career is at stake. I am not exaggerating. Please.

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Wow seriously, people can't take a joke in here.

I think you all can take a breath, Disneyland is NOT going to be called Marvel-land anytime in our lifetimes. I wanted to make a joke out of what was supposed to be an absurd idea.

But the comment against Marvel was just ridiculous. Marvel is truly an American success story, and to knock characters that are universally recognizable and loved world-wide is just insane. Just because they may not be your cup of tea doesn't mean they are 'dumb' or 'stupid'.

The potential for something great is there in this merger. Too many people here are so stuck in there ways.

Anyways, back to having fun. I love the jubilee's fireworks idea. Maybe change Fantasmic into Onslaught? The Mark Twain becomes a giant Shield Helicarrier full of all the superheros as they fight Onslaught.

(Seriously I thought more people would get the joke, but apparently I this thread may have sent some people to the hospital)

• "I Break Things"

Well Tink is green Peter Pan wears green... so Incredible Hulk should fit right in.

Poor Pinocchio is hoping to be a real boy. Mr Fantastic will do everything possible to help find a cure. Along the way he'll teach Pinocchio that he's not the only one with the ability to stretch!

Mr Toad thought he had a wild ride but then Ghostrider took over and now it's even crazier!

Dumbo was afraid to fly and then Storm helped him out by standing in the center and making everything fly with him in a giant cyclone.

Snow White was having a hard time trying to win against the evil queen until Rogue drained her of her powers.

this is fun

As to BLAB... there is always the fun combination of Nick Fury and the Punisher!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I get the joke.

But on a serious note, do some people here SERIOUSLY want Disneyland to toss out anything that's not truly Disney? Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I kinda LIKE Star Tours and Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

Marvel Hottie Hollow
    - I would gladly hop in a 2-hour line for a chance to meet Psylocke, Storm, Rogue, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, She-Hulk, etc.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998 View Post
    But the comment against Marvel was just ridiculous. Marvel is truly an American success story, and to knock characters that are universally recognizable and loved world-wide is just insane. Just because they may not be your cup of tea doesn't mean they are 'dumb' or 'stupid'.
    QFT. agreed 100%.

Anyways, back to having fun. I love the jubilee's fireworks idea.
    hm... maybe it's just me.. and i know we're supposed to be taking everything in this thread as a joke.. but in all seriousness, i would actually want to see something like this! not at Disneyland of course, but somewhere else, i think a Julbilee Fireworks show could somehow work!
    -plagued

I am going to have to say not one spot in DL or DCA heck not even the mall has a place for Marvel for my taste

Wow seriously, people can't take a joke in here.
    Of course not, this is Mice Chat. You're asking people to hypothetically change classic Disney attractions? Travesty!! You'd upset Walt, who is kept in his cryogenic chamber in a secret lab beneath Disneyland, and his spirit will call upon his ghostly minions to rain down terror upon us all!
    Last edited by bobsmith915; 08-31-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast