Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Which Disney rides could easily be 'rethemed' to include Marvel characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Turning existing attractions into Marvel attractions "easily" is not possible.
    That's what I said when I first heard they were sticking Nemo the Pixar Toon Fish in Tomorrowland.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

i love marvel.. and i love disney..but good god.. this would never fly in the park..they would probobly try to make it though...as we see a fantastic 4 /incredibles team up in comic shops(SHJUDDER)..or a new kingdom hearts game with miceky donald and goofy teaming up with blade dr strange and wolverine...then have them stick ghost rider in the haunted mansion(waiting to give you the penance stare befor the hitchhikeing ghosts), and namor invades the FNSV..and innoventions becomes the x men danger room attraction...(actually the inoventions thing might be really fun...lol)...seriously though we have a reprieve for a good long while since sony fox and paramount hold the movie rights to those franchises so far..

• Senior Minion

And as we enter the seance room in the "Marvel Mansion" HM overlay, we hear Madame Leota intone...
    Serpents and Spideys!
    Hulks with thick necks!
    Call in the heroes
    With musclebound pecs!

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

None of them! Please!

Disney has already dipped into non-Disney properties on which to base attractions.

None of them! Please!

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    How about a re-theme of Buzz where we get to shoot marvel characters and save the world from excessive spandex?

Edit: Instead of the current whimsical laser guns every one gets a Remington 870 loaded with 00 buckshot.
    Tell me your joking. BLAB is my favorite ride.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    None of them! Please!
    There is no defense! You are powerless to resist when Disney re-themes Splash Mountain to the Hulk and renames it Smash Mountain!
    Everybody's got a Bashin' Place
    A Bashin' Place
    To go POW! POW!
    Take Bre'r Fox
    Rip his head to his sox
    And you'll feel fine right now-Ow-Ow!

Don't forget to flash your biceps or abs to the camera as you hurtle down the Flume of Dr. Doom. (No pecs, please.)

- Neil Gabler

• Animation Domination

Banshee Screamin'- California Screamin'
    The Human Torch Rising Inferno- Mailboomer
    Doctor Doom's Tower of Doom!-TOT
    The Amazing Spider-Man The Musical
    "You are watching FOX"

• Minion

they could retheme the jungle cruise to kazar and conan.....that would be a bloody little ride ...,

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Banshee Screamin'- California Screamin'
    The Human Torch Rising Inferno- Mailboomer
    Doctor Doom's Tower of Doom!-TOT
    The Amazing Spider-Man The Musical
    you do realize spider man the musical does really exist right?

• mountains beyond mtns.

How about It's Tough to be a Skrull?

Quote Originally Posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised by the sheer hatred in some of these posts. The merger I feel myself is really...odd to say the least, but to take the hate out on Marvel and the characters I think is just ridiculous. I understand people being unhappy with the decision, and I think it's weird myself, and how some might not care for the characters, but all this bashing against Marvel this seems to be causing itself I think is getting out of hand.

Personally, I think this is just getting out of hand. We won't be seeing anything involving Disney and Marvel together for a long while, and even when it comes, I doubt there'd be anything Marvel related in Disneyland. I love both the Disney and Marvel characters just as much, and both appeal equally to children and teenagers. I'm taking a wait and see approach with this, but all this seeming hatred against Marvel for no reason just had me to say something. Just my two cents.
    It's okay as there's an equal, if not greater, amount of hatred from the Marvel end, if the toy collecting board I'm on is any indication at all. I just read someone's joke about Piglet as the Hulk in fact.

I know it's hard to fathom for most but as much as some of you are anti Marvel, there are people just as anti Disney.

• Senior Minion

Just as a reality check, I think I've seen three posts all day from people saying they "hate" Marvel.

The vast majority of posts have been from people who love Disney and Marvel, but don't think their universes should mix at Disney theme parks.

That, and Disney fans who have seen how Disney has disrespected the heritage of its own characters, and are justifiably skeptical that Disney will respect the heart, soul and heritage of Marvel's characters.

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Just as a reality check, I think I've seen three posts all day from people saying they "hate" Marvel.

The vast majority of posts have been from people who love Disney and Marvel, but don't think their universes should mix at Disney theme parks.

That, and Disney fans who have seen how Disney has disrespected the heritage of its own characters, and are justifiably skeptical that Disney will respect the heart, soul and heritage of Marvel's characters.

you are right... but so far things are pretty cool..because they have to be..the shows on disney xd are actualy pretty smart.. they arent your typical superhero fodder..
    so as long as they keep the two properties seperate i dont think there will be cause for alarm..although i do think there will be merch in the park..plushies and t shirts and such. thats to be expected..there were once power ranger toys in the park ..it didnt last long..but they were there..
    we should start to worry when paramount, sony and fox lose those rights...after everything is all said and done...and disney gets the distributin rights..then we sould worry and worry lots

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    you do realize spider man the musical does really exist right?
    Yeah, I know, but Disney one can be different.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Senior Monorail Minion

This thread is causing Uncle Walt to roll in his grave so fast he could generate enought power to feed the entire resort... worse than the cotton candy incident...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Yeah, I know, but Disney one can be different.
    yeah it could..but why spiderman?..it could be a diffrent charecter..capt america the musicul..done with a blusey music style...capt america...red white and blues...lol lsorry couldnt resist but actualy we all shouldnt joke like this really...what if we see somehting like anyhting we post here happen...you know as well as i do we will be all over it and ripping it apart as soon as a roumor came about...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast