Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Which Disney rides could easily be 'rethemed' to include Marvel characters?

Who can't see Aquaman in Nemo?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Who can't see Aquaman in Nemo?

You must mean NAMOR THE SUBMARINER. Aquaman is DC / Warner Bros.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Jellyfish!

Quote Originally Posted by mkm1998 View Post
    Innoventions? Tony Stark's World of Tomorrow.
    Sorry, but I really would enjoy that one.

• Minion

i sill think innoventions would be a cool x men danger room

• For a new Gotham!

How about Thor in Norway at Epcot? The current ride there, Maelstrom, is a snooze and the rest of the pavilion is pretty ho-hum in this little person's opinion. Ideally I'd like to see a whole new thrill ride but heck I'd even settle with a meet-n-greet corner. He'd fit right in, he's got a movie coming out in twenty-eleven, and on top of that he's just so gosh-darn cool.

• For a new Gotham!

Okay, sooooo.....

I went to IoA for the first time yesterday. I was totally stoked about seeing Marvel Island, since I'm a pretty big Marvel geek, but I was kind of disappointed to be honest. The buildings themselves were themed well enough, but I wasn't all about the giant in-your-face cardboard (or what have you) cutouts of the Marvel characters. After having seen the amazing theming in Universal (which I hadn't been to since I was 9), I thought that was way over the top. (Though I did love the statue of an angry J. Jonah!)

While I didn't do any of the attractions there, they were even less impressive. To me, they were just thinly themed versions of standard Six-Flags caliber rides (none of which I do. You're looking at someone who gets sea-sick in an elevator). After riding the amazing Simpsons ride and seeing the fantastic Terminator and Beetlejuice shows in Universal, I was really expecting more from the Marvel section of it's sister park. The one ride that I DID want to go on, Spiderman, had a 70 minute line and my party still wanted to see the rest of the park. Too bad you have to cough up more dough if you want their version of a fast-pass.

Okay, I didn't intend this post to be a review of Marvel Island! The point that I'm trying to make is that I will not be at all disappointed when Marvel is eventually pulled out of IoA. I think Disney could do a much better job of it with a small section in DHS (much like Pixar Place). Instead of giant Captain America kicking giant MODOK's a$$, and giant Rogue with her giant... (well you know), make a section with buildings for the Daily Bugle and Stark Industries and OsCorp (like they had under giant Wolverine with his giant Hairy Arm), and drop hints about the presence of superheroes. A newspaper box with the Bugle headlining "Spiderman: Threat or Menace?" and advertising for Tony Stark's latest invention to make your life easier. Maybe a "theater" with Mary Jane Watson's latest show on the marquee.

Seeing that so much of the Marvel universe takes place in New York, this would fit in nicely nearby it. Perhaps retheming San Fransisco Street for it so it can be directly connected, then adding the "hints" along New York Ave? Include a couple (proper) thrill rides, and a show that could possibly even have, say, Spiderman swinging between the buildings or something.

Walking into Marvel Super Hero Island at IoA was like walking into an amusement park instead of a theme park. It's filled with shoddy theming and "rides" instead of "attractions". Disney builds theme parks with attractions. If (and hopefully when) Disney adds Marvel to their theme park repertoire, instead of feeling like you're walking into your local Six Flags, you'll be walking into the Marvel Universe itself.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

That review of IoA's Marvel Super Hero Island was like somebody who has never driven talking about how lousy a car a Ferrari is. ONE attraction at Marvel Super Hero Island - The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman is far superior to anything Disney has offered stateside since 1995 (Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye at DL). If you don't ride thrill rides, how are you supposed to say what's "proper"?
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Seasick

While the Hulk Coaster and Dr. Doom's Freefall can be dismissed as lightly themed rides, it's definately absurd to say that Disney could do a better job with a Marvel attraction, without experiencing the superlative Spider-Man attraction.

Spider-Man is indeed better than anything Disney has built since Indy.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• For a new Gotham!

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt View Post
    That review of IoA's Marvel Super Hero Island was like somebody who has never driven talking about how lousy a car a Ferrari is. ONE attraction at Marvel Super Hero Island - The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman is far superior to anything Disney has offered stateside since 1995 (Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye at DL). If you don't ride thrill rides, how are you supposed to say what's "proper"?
    Sorry, let me clarify. I didn't mean to say that the rides themselves are poor; the Hulk coaster is particularly spectacular, as far as coasters go. I'm just not impressed with the theming for them, that's all (Spiderman aside. I'm so disappointed I missed it because I've heard how amazing it is!). I don't do good on coasters or freefalls though, so in lieu of enjoying thrill rides I tend pay extra attention to atmosphere. And really, it wasn't even that the theming itself was that terrible, it just seemed kind of lame compared to the rest of Universal. The Marvel universe being as huge as it is, it seems like it could offer a more immersive experience.

And holy smokes, I've really gotta get down there with the express purpose of experiencing Spiderman. I feel like kind of a douche right now.
    Last edited by Lady Stardust; 01-07-2010 at 07:13 PM.

I think Disney should stay away from including their MARVEL franchises in the parks.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

None. Do not even think about it. Do not go there. Just. Do. Not.

Really.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    None. Do not even think about it. Do not go there. Just. Do. Not.

Really.

I agree, they shouldn't be IN the parks... BUT WHAT IF...

The Strawberry Field! A whole new Marvel only park where superheroes in tights walk around beating people up and busty Marvel Women walk around with their whips and corsets teaching young women how to really act.

Then there can be a 3-Park Hopper ticket and the monorail can take you from Disneyland to Marvelland!!

We all know Walt would be so proud of Imagineers for finding a way to split up the families. Mom and sister can hang out at Disneyland while "the Men" can go play with the "boys properties" down the street.

Wouldn't that be swell??

• Minion

well like it or not its a Disney property now..so if they do add them..those that come on mice chat will complain..the rest of the world will think its the coolest idea ever and blindly follow into it...so if a a marvel ride invades the park..and the numbers are there to support it guess what expect more... they have already promoted Iron Man2 expect the new spiderman,wolverine,avengers,ghost rider ...on and on be promoted..the way i see it there are two choices roll with it.or you just stop going..because Dsney will follow the money and if that money means allinateing a few to please the rest thats what they will do.....its not about pleasing micechatters its about the greater number of dollers they can get from the average joe over all,haveing a fan base for a resort is nice..makeing more money is nicer..
    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

• Native Americans

Spider man, Iceman and firestar would be great attractions.

Last edited by JordanRHughes; 05-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast