Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Exclamation A Nightmare On Elm Street - 2010

So what's everyone's feelings on this remake (or, as their saying "reboot")? I, for one, have been saying for YEARS that they should start making ANOES movies, again and I am incredibly excited to see this especially when I heard that they're dropping the whole "comic relief" Freddy.

For those wondering, Jackie Earle Haley will be playing Freddy Krueger which I think is a brilliant choice after his performance as Rorschach in "Watchmen".
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Re: A Nightmare On Elm Street - 2010

Really? oh gosh..I'm sorry but this is too much already..too many reboots of so many movies...I mean on one part its good to introduce a new generation to these characters but on the other hand well I am only speaking for myself enough is enough

FYI...I grew up on Robert Englund playing ol' Freddy...I can't see somebody else playing him besides him
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i'm kind of lukewarm on the reboot idea, however i adore Jackie Earle Haley...not only was he amazing as Rorshack but he was also great in Little Children, if anyone's going to take the Freddy mantle, i'd take him over just about anyone else
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• MC State Comptroller

Jackie Earle Haley is the best choice for Kruger if you're doing a reboot.

That being said Hollywood depends way too much on remakes and "reboots". It's a shame because originality is slowly becoming extinct. Even some "indie" movies are becoming predictable.

We need another 1970's film school series of directors like Scorcese, Spielberg, Coppola, etc. Or at least another mid 90's indie scene to come back. You'll never get rid if the blockbusters or remakes, but at least have some counter balance.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I can't wait to see this. Some reboots are amazing and others just don't work out. I loved the Friday the 13th reboot and hoping that this one will be awesome as well. Freddy got to be a joke but darkening even more and having an incredible actor play him might just be what it takes to make Freddy a real nightmare again.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    FYI...I grew up on Robert Englund playing ol' Freddy...I can't see somebody else playing him besides him
    No one can replace Robert Englund! He is Freddy and always will be. I''m just not sure about this new guy, even though he played Rorschach in Watchmen.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I can't believe that Jackie Earle Haley has been picking up some amazing roles lately. I still remember him as Kelly Leak from the Bad News Bears.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    No one can replace Robert Englund! He is Freddy and always will be. I''m just not sure about this new guy, even though he played Rorschach in Watchmen.
    I'm not really sure you could go back to Englund, though. I mean, he did turn it down but even if he did want to come back, a lot of people would still see him as the comic-relief type Freddy. If you want to fire up ANOES again, you'd have to do it with someone new and drop the "funny" aspect of the character.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    I'm not really sure you could go back to Englund, though. I mean, he did turn it down but even if he did want to come back, a lot of people would still see him as the comic-relief type Freddy. If you want to fire up ANOES again, you'd have to do it with someone new and drop the "funny" aspect of the character.
    Yes. I totally agree with this.

I'm stoked for this movie. I think it's a brilliant idea, the original Nightmare on Elm Street was the first horror movie I ever saw (I was like 8 or 9) and it scared the hell out of me! Subsequent sequels, while amusing, lost that scariness exponentially in direct proportion to Freddy acting sillier and sillier as the series progressed. If done right, I feel this one will be pretty cool.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

I'll probably check it out. Jackie Earle Haley is a good choice for Kruger. I did like the new Friday the 13th. The Halloween remake was "eh". I didn't see H2. I doubt I would go see every sequel that follows these reboots.

The Star Trek reboot was good. I'm curious to see where they will go with it. They totally changed the ST universe.

1,2 Freddy's coming for you
    3,4 Better lock your door
    5,6 Grab your crucifix
    7,8 Better stay up late
    9,10 Never sleep again...

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Ha I forgot about that poem..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

sorry to post again

[

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

sorry for posting so much i made a big mistake

[

• www.JonAutopsy.com

One of the big things they have now that they didn't have during the original "Nightmares" was the high advances in CGI. FX used in the dream sequences and what not in the new one are going to look phenomenal, I bet. That's what I think kind of sets this reboot aside from any other kind of franchise reboot because of it's strong influence from a supernatural aspect. You're not going to see much in the way of CGI from things like Friday The 13th and Halloween aside from kill shots. However, with ANOES, CGI is going to be a much more major player in the series.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I kinda of agree. I've always enjoyed the Nightmare movies and part of that was the way Englund played Freddy. A few years ago I was given the box set of all the films, and it was really interesting to watch them all back to back. I think the comedy and horror worked well in those movies, not sure about a darker Freddy, but I'll give it a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast