11 Scientific Achievements in Competition for 82nd Academy Awards®
Beverly Hills, CA (September 4, 2009) — The Scientific and Technical Awards Committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today that 11 scientific and technical achievements have been selected for further awards consideration.
The list is made public to allow individuals and companies with similar devices or claims of prior art the opportunity to submit their achievements for review. The deadline to submit additional entries is Tuesday, September 15.
The committee has selected the following methods or devices for further consideration:
After thorough investigations are conducted on each of the entries, the committee will meet in early December to vote on recommendations to the Academy’s Board of Governors, which will make the final awards decisions.
- Enabling Technologies for Digital Intermediate
- The Development of Fujicolor ETERNA-RDI Digital Intermediate Film (Fujifilm USA)
- Relighting for Virtual Characters (USC ICT)
- Imocap (Lucasfilm Entertainment)
- Ambient Occlusion (Double Negative VFX)
- Point-Based Color Bleeding (Pixar Animation Studios)
- OBAQ/DOALL (Industrial Light & Magic)
- Film Master (Digital Vision Ltd.)
- System 5 (Euphonix, Inc.)
- Rigtight™ (1stCall Studio Equipment)
- Heden Lens Motors with Two-Stage Friction Drive Planetary Torque Amplifier (Heden Engineering AB)
The Scientific and Technical Awards will be presented at the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 20, 2010.
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences