Do you root for ABC shows?

I have a question for non-stockholders:

Since Disney owns ABC, to what extent do you hope that the station's programs do well? It seems they have at least two major hits on their hands right now: 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives.' Do you you hope for their success since it would essentially equate with success for The Walt Disney Company as a whole.

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: Do you root for ABC shows?

Although I am a stockholder....Yes, I always root for ABC shows. In fact, ABC, ABCFamily & occasionally Disney Channel are pretty much the only channels I watch. I love almost all of ABC's shows, I love Whose Line on ABCFamily, and I like Raven on DC. And also, they have a lot more than 2 major hits. They have DH, Lost, XM:HE, Grey's Anatomy, Commander in Chief & MNF. Then they have other almost-major hits like Invasion, Wife Swap, George Lopez & Boston Legal.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• șoș Tom șoș

I wish them luck in as much as I hope they will also see value in restoring some of the old Walt Disney value and charm to ABC. I was sorely disappointed they didn't offer coverage of the 50th or present any specials or even commericials leading up the the event similar to those Walt used prior to the parks opening in 1955. I hope they restore the Wonderful World of Disney and embrace there nature.

• Circle of Ancients

Well, being a stockholder I can't be objective.

But if I wasn't, I wouldn't 'root' for them per-se. I do think that ABC has a great line-up, and has made TREMENDOUS improvements over the past few years.

• All? NO, ALL!

Funny how ABC used to be a complete joke, but now they are arguably the best network on TV right now.

• Rock Star Minion

No, I don't root for ABBC simply because it's part of Disney.
    I consider ABC and all of CapCities out of the scope of what I think the core mission of DIS the company should be: "Family Entertainment and Vacation Destinations." It should all be sold to the highest bidder, so DIS can get back to the business it is supposed to excel in.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• done

I root for shows that I like, regardless of which company has produced them. If it's a bad product, it's a bad product, no matter who produces it. But then again, what do I know. I saw about 10 minutes of the first "Everybody Loves Raymond" and didn't think it would last...

• Happy Memories

i root for some of them.... but not because they are associated with Disney. I root for them because I'm hooked on them and would be annoyed if they got cancelled. lol

•   
    • Minion

I don't have the time to watch a lot of TV... But the ABC affiliate is the only local channel I watch when I want to see network news...

I really wished Disney had a movie based channel much like AMC, I would likely watch it all day...

Outside that I watch a lot of Fox, only because of the local sports teams have contracts with Fox Sports Net.
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Oct. 21, 2005

ABC orders more 'Invasion'

ABC has ordered a full season of new series "Invasion." The network announced Thursday it would add a "back nine" order to the 13 episodes it scheduled for the fall. "Invasion" marks the second full season order in as many days ABC has made for new series, following the nine episodes it ordered for "Commander in Chief" on Wednesday. "These shows are great additions to our network and continue ABC's creative and ratings momentum," ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson said. "I applaud all the tremendous work that has gone into making both of these series." (Andrew Wallenstein The Hollywood Reporter)
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

I LOVE to root for ABC shows however, when they can't get behind the good shows it sucks. I can't believe they put Alias on Thursday nights. The show is getting the LOWEST ratings out there yet, it continues to be in the Top 10 TiVo'd shows list. This means something people. Just because some yahoo has a Nielsen box doesn't mean the represent the total viewing public.

Hopping off my soap box now

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    I have a question for non-stockholders:

Since Disney owns ABC, to what extent do you hope that the station's programs do well? It seems they have at least two major hits on their hands right now: 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives.' Do you you hope for their success since it would essentially equate with success for The Walt Disney Company as a whole.

I love 'Lost', but don't care for 'Desperate Housewives'. I hope the company does well in general, but I don't care for some of their programming. (alas, I am not their only target audience.)

Anything really, that helps the company in general, is good.

• Imaginative Possibilities

Im glad for the success of ABC shows considering their dismal ratings in the 90s. Do I root for them? Sure, yeah I suppose some of that rooting accounts for the reason that they are disney owned and operated. Even if they werent they are still good shows anyways....

• Directly directed

I love Alias!! It is seriously the only show I watch. I love that Jennifer Garner has a strong female character and still kicks butt even though she's pregnant. And I love that it's completly unrealistic in total disney style!