• Banned User

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

A trailer premiered at the D23 Convention last week, and seems like it got pretty good reviews. Judging from the description, it definitely sounds like one of those epic Bruckheimer action movies. And Iím not one to miss Jake Gyllenhaal playing royalty

Did anyone see the preview at D23? What did you all think?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I haven't seen any of the trailers, but I am looking forward to it. I love the video games and am hoping the movie turns out to be pretty faithful to the games.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Yeah, I remember playing the game and thinking it totally had potential to be a movie. I heard that Jordan Mechner - the game's creator - also worked on the screenplay for the movie, which I think is cool of Bruckheimer - means he's serious about making a pretty faithful adaptation from the video game. When we see the trailer, weíll probably be able to get more of a sense of it, but right now it sounds good to me!

• Hall Of Promise

I'm wondering if it will be rated PG or PG-13. So far the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy has been the only Walt Disney Pictures branded films to carry the PG-13 rating.

• Banned User

Well, since itís the same guy who did POTC, Iím betting that this movie is going to have that same kind of feel. You know the action-adventure that is still entertaining but not too scary for kids and the same kind of the storytelling, pacing and humor that adults will laugh at and keep kids from squirming Ė in other words, something for everyone

• Fortuosity!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    I'm wondering if it will be rated PG or PG-13. So far the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy has been the only Walt Disney Pictures branded films to carry the PG-13 rating.
    I heard PG-13 but I could be wrong.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• !!!!!

I'm going to assume its gonna be PG-13

• Banned User

Yeah, if itís anything like Pirates, than it probably will be.

I came across this trailer that Jordan Mechner put together to pitch to Jerry Bruckheimer & Disney a couple years ago. I guess he was having trouble convincing studios that the game would make a good movie (which is surprising because I think most people feel like it WOULD) so he made this, which obviously worked. You can get a feel for how he wanted to bring the story to life for the big screen. Pretty creative, I think!

• Banned User

And now the trailer has made it online!

MySpace - Movie Trailers

So what do you all think? It's just as the description said - epic! Looks like it's got all the fun and action of the Pirates movies. Thoughts?

• King of Los Angeles

Epic. Between this Alice, Tron, and TS3 2010 is going to be a hell of a year at the movies.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

looks really good! I'm actually excited about this!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

For those of you who havent seen the trailer here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5n9QG-UmNw"]YouTube - Prince of Persia Movie Trailer - Jake Gyllenhaal - HD HQ[/ame]

From what i've seen, it looks good. Especially since it's directed by Jerry Bruckheimer, the same man who is behind various movies including all 4 of the Pirates of the Carribean movies; including the 4th one slated for a summer 2011 release date and the 2 National Treasure movies. I think it has potential to be one of the biggest Disney summer movies since the Pirates of the Carribeans movies
    Last edited by disneyDragon923; 11-04-2009 at 10:54 AM.

• Shopping With You

I am extremely excited for this film. I love the games, I think Jake Gyllenhaal is great casting, and I'm very happy that Gemma Arterton is in it!

• Banned User

Definitely has potential and it for sure looks like a great summer movie. I think that game fans will be happy (since Mechner was so heavily involved) and movie fans will be happy (since it's pretty standard that Bruckheimer makes big action fun movies).

Here's a Q&A with the two of them - it's a pretty good read:

Bruckheimer & Mechner on Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - ComingSoon.net

Q: With a lot of the games adaptations of the past, one of the big digressions I think is they throw out everything about the game and retain a few aesthetic choices. It looks like with the "Sands of Time," the acrobatic moves of the characters - it's like you've really incorporated a lot of the actual game-play styles from the game directly into what you've done narratively on film. Is that something that was important to you to maintain a lot of what is the character of "Prince of Persia"?
    Mechner: Yeah, the movie's mostly based on "The Sands of Time,' which is the 2003 game that I did with Ubisoft Montrel. Rather than try to do a literal retelling of the game, what I pitched to Jerry and Disney in 2004 and I think what the movie very much is, it's characters and elements, some of the coolest elements from the game, sort of reconfigured into a story that makes a great movie. And that was what we set out to do in the beginning.
    Bruckheimer: And Jordan wrote the first two drafts of the script so he was heavily involved. The fact that he's here means he likes the movie (room laughs) so that always helps. You won't be reading him online saying "Don't go see it." It's good.

• Banned User

New poster of Jake Gyllenhaal:

Seeing the posters of this, seems like Jake is channeling the "warrior within" look, don't you think? Still think it's great casting!