Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon Discussion Thread

The weekend's No. 3 title was DreamWorks Animation's "How to Train Your Dragon," which boosted its overseas gross total to $176.5 million after four rounds thanks to a $15.5 million weekend at 6,582 venues in 58 markets.

Paramount, the animation title's distributor, said about 65% of the overall weekend gross came from 3D screens. Despite unseasonably warm weather in the U.K., "Dragon" managed to hold nicely with $2.1 million generated from 683 sites (80% of which were 3D screens) for a market cume of $20 million.
    'Titans' tops global charts again
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

wow I loved this Movie I just cant believe Kickarse made less than 20 million, I bet it will pick up by next weekend because of word of mouth, like Dragon did.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I went to the local Walmart and the How to Train Your Dragon toy aisle has been wiped clean. I think Dreamworks has finally found their answer to Cars.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

"How to Train Your Dragon" continues to breathe fire at the box office, while newer releases are mostly blowing smoke.

The animated adventure took in $15 million to reclaim the No. 1 spot a month after its debut. "How to Dragon Your Dragon" opened in first place in late March, then dropped back into the pack. But it has held up strongly and climbed to the top again amid a flurry of so-so new releases.
    'Dragon' reclaims No. 1 spot
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• "Bread-Making Viking"

Lets just say I'm a little more than obsessed with this movie. I've seen it 5 times now, twice in IMAX. I've been waiting for a truly great movie for dragon lovers such as myself ever since I saw Dragonheart when I was younger, Dreamworks totally caught me off guard with this one! From the trailers, I wasn't expecting this movie to have a lot of depth, and instead be more comedic than anything else. When I went to see it, I found it hard not to at least get a little teary-eyed during some of the scenes, Toothless is just the most adorable thing ever. With all its differences from the books, it is still one of the greatest animated films I've seen to date, and the $20 IMAX tickets were totally worth it, IMO.

Sadly, my local Wallmart was out of Night Fury plushies.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 04-25-2010 at 06:46 PM.

"A boy and his dragon, a bond that can never be broken"

Probably the most HTTYD obsessed person here. =3

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Domestic box office:

$178 million

International Box Office:

Finishing fourth on the weekend was DreamWorks Animation's "How to Train Your Dragon," which lured $9.7 million from 5,650 situations in 49 markets.

In its fourth round in France via Paramount, "Dragon" drew $1.8 million from 699 locations for a market cume of $16.1 million. So far, the animation title has grossed a total of $192.6 million overseas.
    'Titans' still tops at overseas boxoffice

I absolutely loved this movie, and I really want to go see it again in IMAX 3D!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

How To Train your Dragon has been an enduring yet unlikely success since its launch on Mar. 26. Enduring in the longevity of its box office run, and unlikely due to its genre and how it strayed from the DreamWorks Animation norm.

With close to $209 million through its eighth week, Dragon has grossed nearly five times what it did on its opening weekend, which is the biggest multiplier of any 2010 nationwide release thus far and, among major animated releases, the biggest multiplier since Finding Nemo. Its average weekend drop-off rate has been a slim 26 percent. When it led the April 23-25 weekend, it was the first movie in over four years to reclaim the weekend top spot, and it's been in the Top Five since it opened. The last animated feature to spend that much time in the Top Five was Toy Story in 1995.

How to Gain from 'Dragon' - Box Office Mojo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345