Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• far, far away from DL

Re: The A-Team -June 11, 2010-

This movie might actually be good. Wonder if there will be any cameos? And Jeep flipping is a must!

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    This movie might actually be good. Wonder if there will be any cameos? And Jeep flipping is a must!
    Can't remember where I read it, but Dirk Benedict and Dwight Shultz are supposed to have cameos. Mr. T declined (if he couldn't play B.A. he wasn't interested) and, unfortunately, we lost George Peppard quite a number of years ago.

BTW disneygirl, LOVE your avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Infinitized!

AlberniPortal.ca - News - Port Alberni - Hawaii Mars Movie Star

Hawaii Mars Movie Star

By David Wiwchar

PORT ALBERNI – The Hawaii Mars performed in front of the cameras Thursday, as the plane has a starring role in the big-screen version of the popular 1980’s TV show ‘The A-Team’.

Large movie cameras were mounted on a pair of helicopters and also on boats, as the crew of Hawaii Mars performed multiple “touch-and-go” take-offs, landings and aerial maneuvers near Vancouver.

The Hawaii Mars was originally scheduled to perform maneuvers near a freighter anchored in English Bay, but just after take-off from Sproat Lake the location was changed to the western side of Bowen Island.

With specialized helicopters doing their best to keep up with the 4-engine behemoth, pilot Hugh Fraser showed how nimble the world’s largest flying boat can be, performing dives and quick banks with the plane.

With the limited fuel capacities of helicopters, the Hawaii Mars received a couple of breaks in filming while the choppers were forced to head back to Vancouver to refuel. During the breaks, the Martin Mars flew into Vancouver Harbour, slowing traffic on the Lion’s Gate and Second Narrows bridges and people watched in awe as the giant red and white waterbomber flew over the city.

Originally, the second Coulson Flying Tanker ‘Phillipine Mars’ was supposed to do the flight since 20th Century Fox invested almost $200,000 to improve the planes airworthiness, with Hawaii Mars busy fighting fires in California. But as the filming schedule dragged on, the Hawaii Mars returned from Lake Elsinore and became available for the filming.

The Coulson Flying Tankers will occupy a central role in the movie, and will be shown exploding during the film’s climax. Thankfully, the explosion will be a computer generated model, and the Alberni Valley icons will be unharmed and remain ‘fire-ready’.

The BC Government has asked Coulson Water Tankers owner Wayne Coulson if the Hawaii Mars could perform a few water drops in Burrard Inlet during the upcoming Olympic festivities, so the break in filming allowed crew members to plan for the event.

According to Coulson Flying Tankers COO Jim Messer, the company had been in discussions with the government of Australia about employing the Hawaii Mars and partner S-76 ‘Firewatch’ helicopter in fighting wildfires down-under. While the Aussies were interested in the two, they decided upon just employing the Sikorski Helicopter to study the effectiveness of DC-10 waterbombers this year.
    And a video to go along with the article. It starts out with some aerial shots of my hometown Port Alberni (where I was born), where the two Martin Mars waterbombers are based. Then you'll see Vancouver from the air and a bunch of helicopters with cameras getting shots of the flight. The Captain at the controls is Hugh Fraser, one of my old paper route customers and parents' neighbors. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7I4lVuvSo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Hawaii Mars Cockpit Video.mp4[/ame]

The official homepage is online, but it just features the trailer:
    The A-Team

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    The official homepage is online, but it just features the trailer:
    The A-Team
    I hope they add instructions on how to build a battle tank out of an old school bus or how to drop grenades from RC airplanes on bad guys.

• Minion

I saw the trailer during the previews before Legion and in my opinion from what I saw, this movie has a possibility. Just from the trailer, you can tell there's going to be a lot of action and some visually stunning scenes. I'm going to give it a chance
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Infinitized!

New trailer:
    http://trailers.apple.com/movies/fox...-tlr2_720p.mov

Looks cool. Definitely will be checking this one out, especially since it was filmed around here and in Vancouver.

• Hukuna Matata!

I hate to say this because I love the Ateam but I think this has LAME written all over it, Im sorry but this Mr T is just goofy. The preview just didint give me chills like when I heard that they were making a movie. I hope they prove me wrong. I knew it would be hard to fill Mr Ts shoes though.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by barbossa View Post
    new trailer:
    http://trailers.apple.com/movies/fox...-tlr2_720p.mov

looks cool. Definitely will be checking this one out, especially since it was filmed around here and in vancouver.
    The van!!!! OMG, what did they do to the van??????
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    The van!!!! OMG, what did they do to the van??????
    "You can't park there that's a handicap zone!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    "You can't park there that's a handicap zone!" LOL
    Haaahaaaa! I'm glad to see some humor mixed in with the action.

Just saw the new trailer and it looks like loads of action awesome-ness. I have a soft spot for the A-Team and am looking forward to this movie. I have to say after seeing Liam Neesen in Taken last year, I'm looking forward to watching some more *** kicking from him.

• Infinitized!

I just read they had to make some severe budget cuts at the last minute while filming; the cast was shortened and the van was also reduced...

• Shablagoo!

Hey it's the C-Team!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. From the trailer it looks Bradley Cooper action packed. And I love Liam. I hope this movie doesn't disappoint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123