Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Seasick

Re: Michael Jackson -- This Is It .

It's been getting good reviews. I imagine the "limited run" will be as limited as the Hannah Montanna concert movie ended up being, should this prove popular.

My question about the film is, do we get to see a decent amount of concert-esque performance? I get the impression it's more behind-the-scenes than it is performance footage. I.e. do we get to see MJ perform entire songs, entire numbers?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    It's been getting good reviews. I imagine the "limited run" will be as limited as the Hannah Montanna concert movie ended up being, should this prove popular.

My question about the film is, do we get to see a decent amount of concert-esque performance? I get the impression it's more behind-the-scenes than it is performance footage. I.e. do we get to see MJ perform entire songs, entire numbers?
    You get to see him go through pretty much the entirety of each song. A few are cut short. But mostly you get to see the full songs with "behind the scenes" moments spliced in. But mostly the behind the scenes stuff takes you from one song to the next

• Banned User

Just got back from seeing This Is It.

I thought it was awesome. I've been a Michael Jackson fan since 1969 when I got my first Jackson 5 album. "Diana Ross Presents, The Jackson 5". After watching this movie.....that man should still be walking this earth. His dancing was still spot on, his voice was great and he had spunk. It's so sad to think that he's dead. He knew what he wanted to make that show outstanding and he spoke up, in love. I was impressed with how kind he was to the dancers, musicians, etc.

As Tim said, they didn't wallow in the fact that he's NOT here. They made a movie showing his performances of many songs that I love. Including some Jackson 5 (that's when I started to lose it). At the end...they didn't even do a "Michael Jackson 1959 - 2009" type thing. I was impressed. At the end, I didn't want to leave! I wanted to see more!

Had this tour taken place, it would have been an AMAZING show. Part of what you see are the sets and what special effects they were going to use, and, some were outstanding. People would have been talking about that come back for a long, long time. Sadly, now we're just talking about what could have been.

Two thumbs up from me. I highly recommend it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    If it's less documentary, and mostly just performances of MJ's greatest hits, it might be a chance to remember the music one last time.

That's what I'd go for. Not to see MJ behind the scenes at Staples. But to see him on stage. Bonus, this tour's not promoting new music, just the old stuff we liked in the day.
    It WAS his old stuff, all the way back to Jackson 5 for a couple of songs. And, they did a lot of full songs, the good ones that I loved anyway. It was documentary-like, but, also put together to show a lot of what the concert would have been like, which I thought was great. I'd not have been able to see that if he'd lived and done the concert.

• no flash photography...

I have no desire to see it. I wasn't a fan of his even when he peaked in the 80's.....and as time went on he just weirded me out more and more.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I have no desire to see it. I wasn't a fan of his even when he peaked in the 80's.....and as time went on he just weirded me out more and more.
    This isn't the debate lounge. ha! Some of us are very much enjoying the movie. I plan to see it in the theatre again AND will buy the DVD.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    This isn't the debate lounge. ha! Some of us are very much enjoying the movie. I plan to see it in the theatre again AND will buy the DVD.
    Janine I didn't know, or at least did not remember, that you were such a huge Michael fan.

I was a big fan of the Jackson 5, and a lesser fan of the material he's undoubtedly much more famous for.

But I do plan to see "This Is It". I know he's an incredible showman and artist in many ways, and I'd never had the chance to see a live show of his. This, obviously, will be the closest I'll ever get.

Thanks for your thoughtful, and very enlightening review!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Janine I didn't know, or at least did not remember, that you were such a huge Michael fan.
    Well, he's no Beatles!!! I love James Taylor, Cat Stevens, REM...a lot of music, but, the Beatles are my boys. Love them more than anybody! My first record album EVER (age 8) was Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5.

• love my friends

i saw the movie on t he 27th at 9 pm

I loved it

what an incredible concert it would have been
    he was a true artist

and will be truly missed

Friends for life

• love my friends

i ahve to admit.. I never knew what a gentle soul MJ was. wow. he really was.. soooooo g entle

Friends for life

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The BF & I are going to see it this afternoon.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I was just answering your original question....

Okay, be honest, who wants to see this movie?
    I'll bear in mind you really do not want honesty in the future. Or maybe you should phrase your original post to get the answers you really are seeking.

• love my friends

hubby pre ordered the DVD from Sony.. not sure of the release date. Also bought the CD (that should be here soon)

I would love to go back to see the movie.. I so enjoyed it. Took the girls and they loved it. Now they are into MJ music so his music is passed down thru a generation in my family

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I was just answering your original question....

I'll bear in mind you really do not want honesty in the future. Or maybe you should phrase your original post to get the answers you really are seeking.
    Sorry about that SCUBabe! I had forgotten I started the thread a while back asking who was going! ha! Apologies are in order. So, I apologize.
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 11-01-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Error in spelling! ha!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I plan to see this the middle of the coming week, when I thought it might not be as crowded.

(I usually go to the movies either for the matinee, or the 10PM Wednesday show for example when there might not be anyone else in the house.)

At the neighborhood suburban theatre, should I be able to walk up, so to speak? Or is advisable to buy tix in advance even for what I might think to be off-peak times?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast