Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Michael Jackson -- This Is It .

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Sorry about that SCUBabe! I had forgotted I started the thread a while back asking who was going! ha! Apologies are in order. So, I apologize.
    no worries..

• love my friends

I just heard on the news, they extended the movie till Thanksgiving

Friends for life

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I knew it! I was going to see Paranormal Activity on Halloween, but we traded for MJ because it was a limited release.

• Banned User

I predicted to my hubby and sister that they would hold it longer than 2 weeks. The Jacksons want to rake in as much money as possible. There's a lot of mouths to feed on Michael's performances.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Well, I saw it today and loved it. Say what you want and make fun of him if you wish, but there is no denying Michael had mad talent. This movie shows he was not some frail/fragile junkie. The man was 50 years old and could still out-dance the 20-somethings that were his backup dancers. His voice sounded a little rough here and there, but overall, he sounded pretty good.

The stage & sets itself... HOLY CRAP! These shows would have been the concerts of the century. The effects, the things the stage was supposed to do... WOW!
    Spoiler
    I especially loved what they did for Smooth Criminal (the movie made me laugh), Thriller (giant spider? 3D? Awesome pie) and Earth Song (bulldozer comes out onstage? woah). Was hoping for some Captain EO tuneage but no luck.

The BF enjoyed it too and watching the band inspired him to pick up his guitar and start practicing again (he's been in a bit of a rut since the band he was in broke up). He was in awe at how good the band was (plus he liked the hot chick guitar player... oy. But she was awesome and would whoop his butt on guitar).

I plan on probably getting the DVD when it comes out. I saw you can already pre-order on iTunes.

I'm so mad at the people that let him die. I'm mad part of my childhood died this past summer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I love man in the mirror and ill be there!!!!!! I also LOVE Smooth Criminal !!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

MJ did a tremendous job branding himself. Let me just say that. I mean he went beyond being just a singer. He invented his own dance style and made the moonwalk famous. Oh and not to forget his infamous crotch grabbing . He made his own fashion style famous. The white glove is a staple of his, just as much as the moonwalk. Not to forget his hat and white shirt.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 11-01-2009 at 09:50 PM.

• Banned User

I have seen it twice now and my husband admitted after seeing it yesterday that he has a new found appreciation for MJ that he didn't have going in. In fact, I practically had to drag him to the movie with me! He enjoyed it a lot. I went alone on Thursday because he wasn't able to go, but, I was determined for him to see it, knowing he'd enjoy it.

I saw it's been extended through Thanksgiving too.

• Minion

eh hee hee!
    I have to admit, I really didnt want to see this movie.

I actually found myself liking it a lot more than I expected. I've always been a fan of MJ, but just wasnt too sure I really wanted to spend the time to see this movie. I was certainly glad I did, it was very entertaining to see how passoniate MJ was about his music. His dance moves were phenominal! I love the way he moves!!!! I love it! My two favorites was when he was practicing BILLIE JEAN and The way you make me feel... It was great, and its sad that he wasnt able to do the tour, esp all those dancers! They all worked so hard for it too. He was a very patient and calm man. (I couldnt help but move in my seat while watching him practice!)

EH HEE HEE!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I have seen it twice now
    Don't stop till you get enough

I enjoyed it. But I was expecting more, I don't know what.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Don't stop till you get enough

I enjoyed it. But I was expecting more, I don't know what.
    Did you think MJ was going to make a personal appearance? If so, I can see why you'd be disappointed.

I may see it ONE more time. 2 gals at work want to see it. Who am I to turn down that invite. ha! Gads! I never go see a movie in the theatre more than once. Not since the 1980s and me and my girlfriends would go see American Gigolo every week! ha!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I wound up going to the Sunday night 10pm showing at a theater in downtown Ventura.

There were only four other people in the theater besides me, which I ordinarily like. I wasn't expecting a full house by any means at that time.

But I did wonder what it might have been like to see it with a larger audience. There wewre a few times I wanted to cheer or applaud, but didn't because others weren't...I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, I thought the film was well done for what it was - a vision of what the London show would have been like, plus a behind the scenes look at the amazing artistry and work ethic of the man as a singer and dancer/choreographer.

Of course I loved the Jackson 5 medley and wept a bit with "I'll Be There".

I am a fan of the "film noir" era, so I got a big kick out of the footage used with "Smooth Criminal", not my favorite of his songs.

I guess I'm easily scared. Some of the "Thriller" imagery scared me!

The dancing and choreography surrounding "Human Nature" and "Billie Jean" among others - simply exquisite.

Look, because of my experiences with my own cousin (for those that don't know Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys)...I am very well aware that the line between "genius" and "insanity" is very, very thin indeed.

Brian stayed in bed three years and played "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes over and over and over again.

These are extremely creative, temperamental and perfectionistic (?) people that are not wired to see, or cope with the world like the rest of us.

I am not condoning what Michael or Brian may or may not have been involved with outside of music.

I'm just saying "I get it". And while I was aware if not a huge fan of Jackson's peak of fame, I "get him" even more now, after seeing this. And I will see it again.

Sorry for my ramble.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 11-03-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: fixing word to "fan" in second to last paragraph.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hukuna Matata!

W

• Hukuna Matata!

We heard on the news that there was going to be a premiere at the Nokia Center next to the Staples center, so we thought it would be fun to go watch the red carpet and take some pictures, while we were hanging around we were given free tickets to watch the movie, It was really cool, although the tickets were seperated I sat next to 4 of The Jackson Brothers and afterward we ran into Paula Abdul who looked really good, and we also saw JC from Nsync I believe, and Larry Birkhead anna nicoles babys father who was a nice guy. All in all it was a great experience and a great documentary.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Did you think MJ was going to make a personal appearance? If so, I can see why you'd be disappointed.
    You wanna be startin' somethin?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast