How many of you are going to go see the Wizard of Oz at the Theaters today?

Today at some of the Theaters in the United States the Wizard of Oz shall be playing in High Definition for the first time ever at Theaters. There will be an introduction by Robert Osborne. There will also be a look into how L. Frank Baumís classic novel was transformed into one of the most beloved films of all time including archival interviews. There will also be behind-the-scenes footage and rare musical outtakes. There will also be an exclusive clip of the Scarecrow, Ray Bolger, dancing in High-definition for the very first time.

Go to this link for more information.
    The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Hi-Def Event

The Wizard of Oz will be coming out on a new Dvd edition on September 29th. Also for the first time ever the Wizard of Oz will be coming out on Blu-ray on September 29th.

Check out these 2 links for information about the Wizard of Oz Blu-ray. The information from the second link was posted today.

Blu-ray.com - Warner Details and Dates The Wizard of Oz Blu-ray

The Wizard of Oz [70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition] – Blu-ray Disc Review | HighDefDiscNews

• Very own madame Leota!

Re: How many of you are going to go see the Wizard of Oz at the Theaters today?

I actually completely forgot it was today. I went to the last big anniversary screening they did 10 years ago, and meant to plan for this one. ooops. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableKri View Post
    I actually completely forgot it was today. I went to the last big anniversary screening they did 10 years ago, and meant to plan for this one. ooops. >.>
    If there are any local Theaters in your area that will be playing this you might still be able to get a ticket. If you want you might could try calling your local Theaters about this.

• Disneyland PAP

I went to NCM's screening of Star Trek's "The Menagerie" episode a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. But I've since upgraded my home to HD and have pre-ordered the pricey deluxe Blu-ray set of "The Wizard of Oz." So for this, I'll pass and wait until I can see it at home. But I'm looking forward to see it. This trailer for the Blu-ray set really sold me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-9n0ieFIw]YouTube - The Wizard of Oz Blu ray Trailer -In HIGH DEFITNITION-[/ame]

• My prices are INSANE!

Only if they play Dark Side of the Moon with it. LOL
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry View Post
    Only if they play Dark Side of the Moon with it. LOL
    hahahaha

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I took my mother to the screening. Oz is her all-time favorite movie. Aside from the intro from the AMC guy, the only extra we saw was the old Angela Lansbury mini-doc that's on the DVD.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Thanks for the reminder. There were several theaters that only showed at 7pm, and I heard that sold out. Fortunately, the theater near my home had a 2nd showing at 10pm. That show was sold out, but would say about 25% filled, all adults.

It was great to see it on the big screen for the first time. And it has been several years since I last watched it, and had forgotten certain parts of different songs, and some of the dialogue.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. There were several theaters that only showed at 7pm, and I heard that sold out. Fortunately, the theater near my home had a 2nd showing at 10pm. That show was sold out, but would say about 25% filled, all adults.

It was great to see it on the big screen for the first time. And it has been several years since I last watched it, and had forgotten certain parts of different songs, and some of the dialogue.
    Going to the movie house forces more focus. The dialogue at the beginning sepia-toned portion relates in many ways to what happens in the tecnhnicolor portion.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."