Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Disney to offer free entry for volunteers in 2010

Disney offers free entry to 1 million volunteers - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK – Disney is offering a free day's admission to 1 million guests who complete a day of volunteer work next year.
    The "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" program will provide certified volunteers with a one-day ticket to any park at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., or Walt Disney World near Orlando, Fla., in 2010.
    Disney is partnering with HandsOn Network, a clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities, to connect people with projects and to certify that the work was done.
    "We are trying to inspire 1 million people to volunteer in their communities and we're inspiring them to do that by giving them a free day at a Disney park," Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.
    Rasulo called the promotion "very timely," citing the increased needs of nonprofits in the weak economy, as well as President Obama's national volunteering initiative.
    "The spirit of our country is very much behind that, whether it's the first family or whether it's the average family," Rasulo said.
    * more at the link

Sounds like a pretty good way to get people to contribute in their communities. Probably won't have as big of an impact as "get in free on your birthday" though.

Re: Disney to offer free entry for volunteers in 2010

One million? I wonder if that is total or per park? Isn't the annual attendance figures for each park upwards into the 10's of millions?

One million should about cover all the AP's (CA and FL) which are usually the first to take advantage of these types of promotions...won't be much left over for the regular folk.
    Milhouse: We gotta spread this stuff around. Let's put it on the internet!
    Bart: No! We have to reach people whose opinions actually matter!
    "The Simpsons" Episode #214

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

When I heard about this I wondered about what I do. I raise guide pups. I volunteer years. Seriously everyday I wake up, take care of a dog that will be a guide dog... What about people like me?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Angry Re: Disney to offer free entry for volunteers in 2010

I looked though this article, I am going to ask this: Are there any other options besides picking the fasspass packet?(I am an APer) Because, if not, I am not going to be complied to do for anything it...(Maybe just for the free addmission...)

Timekeeper.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    I looked though this article, I am going to ask this: Are there any other options besides picking the fasspass packet?(I am an APer) Because, if not, I am not going to be complied to do for anything it...(Maybe just for the free addmission...)

Timekeeper.
    If you don't want the Fastpasses, or the little collectible statue thing, (and really, who would?) you can volunteer your time to help your community and then donate your free ticket to a worthy charity.

For instance, there are Boys & Girls Clubs across Southern California that would love to start receiving free tickets to Disneyland so that their at-risk kids can go to the park for the first time in their life.

This is a great thing Disney is doing here! One of the best promotions they've ever come up with!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    When I heard about this I wondered about what I do. I raise guide pups. I volunteer years. Seriously everyday I wake up, take care of a dog that will be a guide dog... What about people like me?
    What a wonderful service you provide! If your specific charity organization that you are already involved in is not affiliated with Disney's promotion, then you can find a local charity there in the Puget Sound area that is part of Disney's promotion to volunteer with them and earn a free ticket.

Did you know that Disneyland's Custodial department also donates cash and manpower to a non-profit charity that provides service dogs for those who would otherwise be unable to afford a profesionally trained dog? The Custodial Cast Members sort through the thousands of cans and bottles thrown away each day at Disneyland and DCA in several backstage sorting stations. The recycled material is cashed in, and the money is kept in an account for Custodial. Each year the Custodial Cast Members go down to the service dog facility, with Pluto there to present the big check, and donate a huge chunk of money to the worthy organization. Only through the back-breaking work of the Custodial Cast Members, and the good graces of Disney who forgoes the money they would normally receive from recycling, have they been able to give literally millions of dollars to that charity over the past decade. Millions!

Remember that the next time you throw away a Coke bottle at Disneyland.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Being able to donate your ticket to a charitable organization is a very good thing!
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-29-2009 at 01:28 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Blog Entries

For instance, there are Boys & Girls Clubs across Southern California that would love to start receiving free tickets to Disneyland so that their at-risk kids can go to the park for the first time in their life.
    Are you trying to make me cry?

Only through the back-breaking work of the Custodial Cast Members, and the good graces of Disney who forgoes the money they would normally receive from recycling, have they been able to give literally millions of dollars to that charity over the past decade. Millions!
    Cut it out I'm getting teary eyed.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Timekeeper.
    Time ... to swat you over my knee and keep .. you in line, Mister.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I am not going to be complied to do for anything it
    Perfect.

Thankfully and probably graciously many others will gladly carry the weight for everyone else so others can benefit too. Enjoy!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Are you trying to make me cry?

Cut it out I'm getting teary eyed.
    I'm on Disneyland's website looking at the promotional stuff, all Muppet related. Making me cry.

• Banned User

Um....shouldn't Mickey and Minnie be in that picture, instead of the frog and pig puppets?

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I hope they'll offer this to all US servicemembers in active duty.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    If you don't want the Fastpasses, or the little collectible statue thing, (and really, who would?) you can volunteer your time to help your community and then donate your free ticket to a worthy charity.

This is a great thing Disney is doing here! One of the best promotions they've ever come up with!
    Great idea Westsider!!!!

Maybe we can come up with a MiceChat "work day" and give the tickets to a worthy charity.

The question is though, are the tickets transferable?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Time ... to swat you over my knee and keep .. you in line, Mister.
    Oooh, I see what you did there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast