Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 'Transformers 3' 7/1/2011

Ready to be transformed? From advance screening, the BEST 3D film since Avatar and the best Transformer film ever.

Michael Bay has created the best 3D movie experience since James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’.
    After attending a screening of some 3D footage from ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’, we can say that Michael Bay has created the best 3D movie experience since James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’.

Our own Roth Cornet covered the LA preview of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, in which fifteen minutes of 3D footage from the film was screened for select press. Today that footage made its way across to the Eastern shores of NYC, where I was finally able to get a look at Transformers 3 myself.
    The short version of my report: Michael Bay has created the best 3D movie experience since Avatar - and may have even surpassed it.

Watch Transformers Online
    Stream The First Two Transformers Online, Right Now & Prepare For TF3Vod.TransformersMovie.com

As with the LA event, the footage screened at the NYC event included the first 5 minutes of Dark of the Moon, followed by a montage of footage and extended sequences from the film, all of them action scenes (little to no plot was revealed). The LA event featured a panel with Michael Bay and James Cameron talking 3D in cinema, and even though the pair of famed directors weren’t available for the NYC event, footage of their conversation was included in our screening. You can check out what they had to say by going HERE.

Onto the footage: Roth Cornet broke down everything in detail in her own report (check it out HERE), so I’ll just do a quick synopsis:

The beginning of the film ties the Cold War space race directly to a mysterious event that occurred in the war on Cybertron between the Autobots and Decepticons. After that, we saw several short flashes of Transformers new and old in action, a few chase sequences, plenty of battle scenes in downtown Chicago – and of course, the base jumping stunt sequence that Michael Bay filmed with live actors, one of whom wore a 3D camera on his head while jumping.
    Needless to say, Transformers 3 is going to have a lot of sick summer action. But is it worth a 3D ticket price?
    Short answer: You don’t want to see this movie any other way.

Shia LaBeouf in one dizzying 3D sequence from 'Transformers 3'

If you don’t know, James Cameron lobbied Micahel Bay to use 3D in this film, even when Bay himself wasn’t convinced. After deciding to go 3D, Bay used Cameron’s 3D team from Avatar to film Transformers 3, and that team – which had already created one revolutionary success – pushed the boundaries of 3D filming even further, resulting in new rigs and camera designs to create that one-of-a-kind Michael Bay brand of action.

But technical innovations aside, how does the 3D in Transformers: Dark of the Moon actually look?

In a word: Incredible.

Personally speaking, there’s little that I see in film these days that gives me goosebumps. There’s a lot that I enjoy (naturally), but there’s little that gives me actual goosebumps. Without spoiling a thing, there were 3D sequences in the preview that had me shooting right past goosebumps into ‘OMG’ territory. Some of what Michael Bay has constructed is just…impressive. His ambitious and often aggressive style for capturing action in motion maybe the perfect marriage for the 3D medium. The results of his innovative work are also proof (as a friend from UGO said on the way out of the screening) that ‘If you don’t shoot in 3D, you shouldn’t even bother.’ All these post-converted 3D films coming out this summer (Thor, Captain America) are likely going to look cheap by comparison.

The best part about it all is that the 3D technology Bay is employing brings the Transformers themselves to life in a way that none of his other films did. One of my first reactions after taking off the glasses was to say to myself, “Every one of these films should’ve looked like this.” The most common complaints about the Transformers movies’ visual effects (what few there were) included mention of the fact that the individual robots were hard to make out or distinguish, and that the CGI characters sometimes looked too fake when juxtaposed with their human counterparts. 3D, I am happy to report, eradicates most of these problems.

Optimus Prime takes flight in 3D

The effects in Dark of the Moon will be even more polished by the time the film hits theaters – but even now I can tell you that the 3D adds those elements of physical presence and weight that were missing from the earlier installments. It actually feels like there are giant robots moving around the screen, and they blend with the real humans and environments better than ever before. The 3D filming style also allows all the minute physical details of the robots – which Bay and the effects gurus at Industrial Light & Magic have pained over for years now – to literally standout and be noticed, helping to distinguish each and every robot (even the generic henchmen) in all their moving parts. They actually feel like real characters, and that is a much-needed improvement.

Now, some may want to say that I only saw a very small unfinished portion of the film, and therefore my praise is premature. Let me be clear: all I am saying is that visually and technically, Michael Bay has made something awesome with Transformers 3 - I cannot imagine any summer moviegoer walking away from this film complaining that they didn’t get the blockbuster experience they paid for. Back in 2009, I also attended a 15-minute 3D preview of Avatar and walked away stating that Cameron had created a revolutionary experience that would become a phenomenon. I simply know what I see when I see it.

With this film I see that we’ve been given one more gem of an example of why 3D can be almost magical when used by proper craftsman – and even a preview of Michael Bay’s next career phase, if he chooses to pursue it further.

But will Transformers 3 have a better story, or better acting, or better humor than disappointing previous installment? I can’t speak to that, but Bay himself has promised the script will be better, the film more serious – and the cast features some pretty notable actors, both comedic and dramatic. Take all that how you will.

If you’re planning to see Transformers: Dark of the Moon then for sure see it in 3D – I would even go so far to say 3D IMAX. It will definitely be worth the ticket price. The movie has been pushed up and will now be in theaters on June 29th.
    "It's on baby!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWB_...layer_embedded
    This film is going to be HUGE!

Dark of the Moon Iridescent Trailer Version II - it is nearly identical to their first one with a few new scenes (but most of which have already appeared in all the TV spots). All I saw as new was a shot looking down on the Decepticon ship.

the trailer music...

---------- Post added 06-22-2011 at 01:03 AM ----------

The Secret Origin of the TRANSFORMERS – Part 1

In 1983, a toy company approached Marvel Comics seeking development of a toy property for comics, animation and other entertainment. The toys in question were cars and other vehicles that could be opened and unfolded into ROBOTS. Very cool.

The toy company was KNICKERBOCKER TOYS. They called their toy property, based on technology licensed from a Japanese company, the “MYSTERIONS.”

Marvel Comics was their second choice as a creative services provider. They had gone to DC Comics first. The executive who approached us showed us what DC had created for them. It was a comic book. He only had photocopies. I don’t believe the thing was ever printed.

It was awful. Apologies to whomever created that thing, but it was pathetic and wrong-headed to an unbelievable degree. The art was well-drawn, I’ll allow that, but the storytelling was chaotic. The story, as best one could discern it, was unnecessarily, excessively dark and violent. The dialogue was peppered with “Hells” and “damns,” and I can’t swear to it almost 30 years later, but I think there was a “*******” or two in there.

Need I mention that the primary target audience for toys is ages three through eight? Yes, sure, boys’ action figures and action toys skew a little higher, but still. (Aside: People like us really would warp the average, if we counted.)

Though the DC story was convoluted, when you boiled it down it was vehicle/robots battling each other. Not much in the way of motivation beyond “good” versus “evil.” All clichés, all the time.

Bleh.

The Knickerbocker guy told me what they’d paid for this…item. Top dollar.

He asked if we could do better.

Our mailroom guys could do better. Our top executives could do better. And they were not very sharp. The execs, I mean.

So, we made a deal and began work. I wrote the back story and the treatment for the first story. They loved it.

The plan was for us to publish comics and for our studio, Marvel Productions, to produce a number of animated half-hours—six, I think. I forget. We would launch just before the pre-sale of the toys. Then follow it up in the spring when the initial wave of low price point items shipped. The usual.

We were asked to come to a meeting at Knickerbocker’s offices out in the wilds of Jersey somewhere. Publisher Mike Hobson and I were the ranking officers on that excursion. Somebody else was with us. I don’t remember who. DeFalco? Maybe. I don’t think so, but… A licensing person? Maybe. I don’t know. Might have been two people.

Anyway, we rented a car and off we went.

I can’t run down that trip step by step, but I remember some highlights and lowlights.

We ate a late lunch or dinner at a Ground Round, which was the classiest joint in the area. I put that first because, relatively speaking, it was a major highlight.

We arrived on time for our meeting, but had to wait for THREE HOURS. The Knickerbocker execs we were supposed to meet with were “unavoidably detained.” There was something going on at that office. People seemed on edge, upset. We had no idea why. No one told us anything.

They had a nice reception area. Comfy seats….

Finally, we were ushered into a room by an assistant to somebody’s assistant and shown the toys. I’d only seen a few of them up until then.

Finally, we were shown to a large office. The Knickerbocker people were ashen faced and nervous. But we had our meeting. We talked about the launch, the toys and the story. They didn’t want to talk about elements or the business transaction that were still pending.

I had the distinct feeling that they were just going through the motions.

Another highlight: Part of the meeting was a scheduled conference call with Dennis Marks, head of development at Marvel Productions. For reasons I’ll never understand, the people who ran Marvel Productions until Margaret Loesch took over hated us comics people. David DePatie, Head of Production, especially. They thought of us as amateurish morons, and our work as garbage. MUCH more on that, later.

At any rate, we had provided the studio with my treatment and back story.

Dennis spoke about what the studio proposed to do with the Mysterions property, which was to completely ignore my work and do something completely different. And stupid. With cute, wacky kids and a goofy dog.

That was the only time the Knickerbocker people showed any life. They told Dennis that they wanted what I had created, not what he was talking about. They couldn’t understand where he was coming from. Didn’t he read the treatment?

Dennis was flabbergasted. Seemed he couldn’t believe that they were taking anything done by the comic book people seriously. Dennis’s said, exactly: “I’m completely at sea, here.” Yes, Dennis, you were, and maybe still are.

That conversation ended in a muddle with Dennis making “we’ll see about this” noises, albeit reasonably politely. We in the office in Jersey sort of looked at each other after the call ended, in that way that people look at each other after a shared surreal experience.

So, we all shook hands and we Marvel types drove back to New York. Mike Hobson guessed that some kind of company shakeup was going on.

The next day we learned that, just before our meeting, Hasbro had announced that it was acquiring Knickerbocker. Shakeup, indeed.

The deal with Knickerbocker fell victim to the takeover by Hasbro. The Hollywood term for similar events is “turnaround.” Projects begun by previous administrations are automatically put into turnaround, that is, on hold—usually permanently.

Here endeth the story of the Mysterions.

That’s a good break point, but I promised some of the TRANSFORMERS tale, not just the prequel, so I’ll press on for a while.

Some months later, the Hasbro exec who was Marvel’s main contact, Bob Prupis, came to my office. He pulled a few toy vehicles out of his bag and proceeded to open and unfold them into ROBOTS.

They were bigger and much more complex than the Mysterions. Different Japanese technology, same general idea.

Hasbro, he said, had the rights to the technology and toys based upon it. The problem, he said was story. He said that the Japanese storyline associated with the toys wasn’t useful. Japanese kids, apparently, don’t require much justification. Cars become robots, robots become cars. Well, of course they do. What do you mean, “why?”

(P.S. To this day I’ve never read or seen any of the Japanese storyline.)

American kids, he thought would like to know why. Did I think we could develop this toy concept for comics, animation and other entertainment the way we developed G.I. JOE?

Sure.

I didn’t mention the Mysterons, but, hey, if I could do it once, I figured I could do it again. I had to wonder, though, whether the Knickerbocker Mysterions somehow inspired Hasbro’s acquisition of the Transformers toys and technology.

Following the success of G.I. JOE, these toy developments had become a regular thing. When possible, I gave the development job to an editor or key freelance creator as a perk. Developments paid very well.

I thought that it was time to give Denny O’Neill a crack at one of these, and Denny was always up for making extra money.

I met with Denny and gave him some foundation concepts. Fed him his lines a little. I always did that with these toy gigs, because I had been the one meeting with the client, and also I had the most background working with toy companies. I had learned to think “toyetically,” as they say. What I proposed was completely different from my Mysterions story. And, better, I think.

If the Hasbro people had read my Mysterions treatment, well, I didn’t want them to think I was a one-trick pony.

Denny wanted the job, wanted the dough, but I don’t think his heart was in it. He had a disdain, I think, for “toy books.” The Marvel mainstream characters were modern mythology. The toys were, well, toys.

What Denny delivered was unusable. Cranked out, pithless stuff. I paid him anyway.

There’s also a proper way to write these things that’s part pitch piece, part story. You have to convey the sizzle, write it with some sturm und drang, with Flight of the Valkyries playing in the background. A few football clichés help. “He would not be denied!”

So, I wrote the backstory/treatment. Free. I usually did such things no extra charge. I considered it part of the Editor in Chief job. I think my treatment is floating around on the web somewhere. And, I actually have the original around here in one of the many storage boxes piled up in my living room awaiting sorting. The cats just love scratching those boxes into cardboard confetti, by the way. It’s a constant struggle to protect the contents from errant claws….

But I digress.

As stated, the treatment was all new, unrelated to the Mysterions treatment. And, the only thing of Denny’s I kept, as I recall, was the name of the Autobots’ ship, “Auntie.” I have become convinced, also, that he named Optimus Prime. It’s not unlike a name I might come up with, but it’s very much in the style of the erudite Mister O’Neill, full of scope, dignity and power.

By the way, “Transformers,” “Autobots” and “Decepticons” came from Hasbro.

Bob Prupis and the Hasbro troops liked the treatment.
    Source: Jim Shooter: The Secret Origin of the TRANSFORMERS – Part 1
    Last edited by JMora; 06-22-2011 at 01:25 AM.

• Banned User

"It's to summer movies what Barry Bonds' head was to the normal noggin. You'll get your money's worth."
    - MTV stated after seeing Transformers: Dark of the Moon

'Transformers: Dark Of The Moon' In Moscow: Red Square, Shrek And John Malkovich

by Josh Horowitz

MTV Movies Managing Editor Josh Horowitz is currently traveling in Moscow, but this isn't any ordinary excursion—it's more than meets the eye, as he braves cultural confusion and borscht by the bowlful in an effort to cover the world premiere of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" in Russia. These are his stories.

Red Square isn't really all that red. And don't come to Moscow with your own money. These and other revelations will be unleashed in the forthcoming memoir of my junket adventures. Soon to be at the bottom of a remainder book bin near you.

It's Wednesday in Moscow and I'm writing to you from a hallway. Not that I'm complaining... I mean, it's a Russian hallway. But this is what a junket is at the end of the day. Lots of waiting interrupted by short bursts of activity. Currently my biggest concern is my stomach growling during one of my next interviews (this did happen once when I chatted with Vera Farmiga -- neither of us acknowledged it). Anyway, right now I'm in one of those junket lulls, so it's as good a time as any to bring you up to speed on my Russian misadventures.

Yesterday I did a little bit of sightseeing in famed Red Square (just down the street from the hotel).

Here's what I learned...
    1. The audio tour at St. Basil's is a ripoff. Just gawk from the outside.
    2. There is an emaciated Shrek and an overweight Spider-Man available for photo ops here. In other words, Red Square is basically like Sunset Boulevard in LA.
    3. Drinking at the hotel bar just feels better when John Malkovich is at the next table. Even when you don't say a thing to him.
    4. I need sleep.
    5. I NEED SLEEP.

Sorry, I couldn't sleep last night. Can you tell?

Which leads us to today. And today began with an IMAX 3D screening of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon." I don't think I'm allowed to review it per se but it probably won't surprise you to know that...

A) it's big
    B) it's loud
    C) it's long
    D) it's to summer movies what Barry Bonds' head was to the normal noggin. You'll get your money's worth.

And that leads me back to this lovely hallway in Moscow. Time for me to do some work. I'm on deck for Mr. LaBeouf.

• Banned User

Theaters across the country will get NEW film projectors (equipment), all thanks to Paramount's Transformers: Dark of the Moon high demands!

'Transformers' to pump up 3D brightness

Par, Bay maximize luminosity in 2000 RealD theaters with enhanced digital prints

By David S. Cohen
    On "Avatar" Fox released special DCP graded and color corrected prints.

Complaints about dim 3D projection and worries about how to "save 3D" are finally prompting action -- from one studio, anyway.

For "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," Paramount and Michael Bay have gone beyond simply asking exhibs to turn their lamps up to proper brightness. Par is taking the unprecedented step of releasing a special digital print aimed at delivering almost twice the brightness of standard 3D projection -- even more than the dual-projector Imax Digital theaters.

By releasing the enhanced digital prints, which have been mastered and color graded for the extra brightness, Par is pushing the 3D envelope even farther than James Cameron and Fox did on "We want the best presentation possible," said helmer Michael Bay in an email to Variety. "We have created a special version with extra sharpening, color and contrast. It is a superior look in the format. The brighter the image, the brain processes in a different way (sic) and the result sharpens and makes it more vibrant.

"We did many studies on the formats for presentation and I found this to be the best result."
    The special brighter digital prints will go to about 2,000 theaters, all using the RealD 3D system. Remaining screens, including all RealD competitors, will run at standard brightness.

It's unclear whether exhibs will advertise the special extra-bright 3D screens. AMC Theaters confirmed they will show the enhanced package but declined further comment. Exhibs may want to avoid planting the notion that some 3D screens are better than others when there's no price distinction between the screens.

No previous pic has been released with multiple 3D digital prints for different levels of brightness.
    Standard brightness for a 2D digital cinema system is 14 Foot Lamberts, measured off the screen. About 75%-90% of the light is lost in 3D, so the informal standard for 3D systems is 3.5 FL, measured through the glasses. That's the light level 3D pics are color graded for.

However, some theaters either dim their lamps to save money or don't change them often, and therefore show pictures below standard brightness. That gloom, which prompted grumbling from cinephiles for regular 2D, has generated significant pushback over 3D.

The special DCPs for "Transformers 3" have been graded for 6 FL, amost twice the brightness of the usual 3D standard. By comparison, the dual-projector Imax Digital system only averages 5.5 FL for 3D.

"We believe in delivering premium 3D, so we applaud Paramount Pictures and Michael Bay for their focus on quality and presenting the brightest, most immersive and ultra realistic 3D entertainment experience possible," said a rep for Real D. "RealD 3D projection technology delivers twice the light of other 3D systems, making it possible to present an optimized 3D presentation like this on screens of all sizes."

No studio has sent out multiple DCPs for different 3D light levels for general release. According to Fox post VP Steve Barnett, for the "Avatar" premieres Cameron wanted extra brightness and dynamic range, so he did a special DCP graded and color corrected for 10 FL, but that required two projectors.

"Jim wanted it to be the best dream he could have for 3D color and projection," Barnett said. "That shows the real stunning possibilities for what 3D can be. It's why directors of photography would like a higher light level for 3D. That's why we're hoping that laser light engines will get that light level up for 3D."

However, for general release, "Avatar" only was graded for the de facto standard of 3.5 FL. Fox sent out multiple DCPs of "Avatar" for different screen formats (1.85 and 2.35) and to acommodate "ghostbusted" and "non-ghostbusted" 3D projectors.

Barnett expects the new laser light engines to get 3D light levels up to 7-10 FL. The special "Transformers" package approaches that level.

• Banned User

Shockwave, designed and animated by Industrial Light and Magic, rises about 40 virtual feet and has more than 2,000 moving digital pieces. “He doesn’t stand around and talk,” Mr. Farrar said. “He just fights.” Shockwave took the animators about 30 weeks to build before he was ready to be added to a shot.

“The eyes are critical and the mouth is critical,” he said. “If you can’t read those, you can’t understand what the character is doing or portraying. You have to read Shockwave through just the emotions of the face, almost like a silent-era movie star.” For this reason Mr. Farrar and his team sought to make Shockwave’s eye appear as real as possible, with a lens, a moving iris and a light inside that can oscillate.

---------- Post added 06-23-2011 at 02:49 AM ----------

---------- Post added 06-23-2011 at 03:01 AM ----------

What do get when
    Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg & James Cameron
    ALL work together.
    Ladies & Gentlemen...

You can't deny the power of the 3
    Last edited by JMora; 06-23-2011 at 02:26 AM.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Am I the only one who doesn't think that the octopus looking robot doesn't fit aesthetically, and design-wise?

And I'm not as excited about this movie as I was after watching the first and finding out there was going to be a sequel. To me the second movie failed in more ways than I expected. I'm not gonna list everything... but why would a robot need a long beard to show that it's old? And why include a robot balls joke especially when Devastator devolved into a joke of a robot? The only thing he improved on in the sequel is that the fights and action scenes were slowed down enough to see what was going on.

Michael Bay really makes his movies from the mind of a 16 year old. And don't get me started on his "style".

• Banned User

Another new TV spot with more new footage...

• Banned User

OMG ***** God! This keeps getting better & bigger ever time. This new TV Spot shows Bumblebee catching Sam in mid air and all while transforming back into car mode as we (the camera) follows Sam getting back in his seat without missing a beat - WOW!!!

• Banned User

He will be voiced by Leonard Nimoy

---------- Post added 06-24-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

• Banned User

The BIGGEST ticket seller

TICKET ALERT
    : "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" Tickets Unleashed on Fandango

LOS ANGELES, June 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Tickets are now on sale on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, for "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," opening on Wednesday, June 29.

Tickets for the IMAX 3D version of the movie are likely to be among the hottest sellers on the site. According to a recent Fandango survey, 76% of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" fans are more inclined to see the movie in 3D because it was actually filmed in 3D (and not a 2D conversion).

About Fandango
    Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to more than 16,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at www.fandango.com, via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com, and at 1-800-FANDANGO. Fandango's top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with more than 16 million downloads, are available on the iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm, Windows Phone 7 and many other platforms.
    SOURCE Fandango
    http://www.fandango.com

---------- Post added 06-24-2011 at 02:50 PM ----------

Biggest film premiere EVER and the first ever to happen in Red Square

LIVE Footage

Last edited by JMora; 06-24-2011 at 01:49 PM.

• Banned User

New TV Spot and I NEVER heard this from Prime's voice in my life, LOL. Prime is no longer playing Mr. Nice Guy...

• Banned User

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review Round-Up

The reviews are starting to come in for Transformers: Dark of the Moon and over all most are indicating an above average film. The strengths being mentioned is a much steadier edit and camera from Bay, amazing visual effects, some of the best 3D yet and the last hour in Chicago. So remember to take the bathroom break before then. Most have said that if given a choice between 3D or 2D to go with 3D, something I have not seen consistently from reviewers since Avatar. Some of the negatives have been the acting and humor. Below are highlights from some of the reviews.

Ain't It Cool News
    This is a strange series that I am mostly not a fan of. I love TRANSFORMERS – the toy line and the animated show – but never quite have been able to count myself as a fan of any of the films, until now. TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON is simply the best film of the franchise – by a great deal. ...I’m told that it takes 3 seconds for your brain to properly process a shot in 3D, 3 seconds is an eternity in Bay-speak – but in this film – you’re going to see a dynamic to his action that is nothing short of jaw-dropping. I say “Jaw-Dropping” not with any sense of hyperbole – in the last hour of this film you’re going to see **** go down that will physically cause your jaw to drop. Hang open and perhaps end with a smile.

HitFix B+
    for the first time since "Avatar," I am going to recommend that you find the biggest and best 3D theater you can find and buy yourself a ticket, because "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon," especially seen in IMAX 3D, is an overwhelming sensory experience. ...The film reaches, and in a summer where even the blockbusters I've liked have seemed curiously intimate and small-scale-for-reasons-of-budget, there's something intoxicating about seeing someone make something so out-of-control gigantic. Even so, there's a control here that was absent entirely in the second film, and that never quite seemed to snap into focus in the first film.

MovieWeb 4.5/5
    Visually Transformers 3 is an amazing success and as with all Michael Bay films leaves the audience with the jaws dropped open by the amazing visuals and SFX. From the spaceships, to the outstanding explosions to the spectacular battle sequences are the most finest effects ever seen in an pure hardcore action flick. But the most outstanding final sequence of the destruction of chicago brilliant in its destruction that its just sheer beauty like watching the sun rise, then entering the destruction of the world, and the destruction just gets more climatic. The only tackiness of the effects is the risings from the moon but other than that Transformers 3 is a fine as it comes. THIS IS NOT A CINEMA OR THEATRE MOVIE....ITS AN IMAX 3D MOVIE [his emphasis, not mine - tflamb)

Total Film 3/5
    Yes, it’s punishingly long – the longest so far, in fact – and comes saddled with some excruciating attempts at comedy (the most painful involving The Hangover’s Ken Jeong as a LaBeouf-accosting conspiracy theorist). ...Admittedly, it takes a while for the pieces to fall into place and for characters (flesh and metal) to reveal their true colours. But once they do, the stage is set for a final hour of über-destructive robot wars in the streets and skies of Chicago, complete with wing-suited commandos plummeting from the heavens, four climactic smackdowns and a terrific bit of skyscraper-toppling.

IGN 3.5/5
    The Chicago invasion sequence alone makes the film worth the price of admission. The Decepticons are legitimately scary at times here, such as when they invade the homes of their human allies, an assassination sequence that's creepy as $h*!. ...The backstory between Simmons and Mearing was unnecessary and annoying, but not as much as the inclusion of John Malkovich and the ubiquitous Ken Jeong, both of whom quickly outstay their welcome with protracted, awkward and unfunny scenes. While not as grating as either Anthony Anderson or Ramon Rodriguez were, Alan Tudyk pops up as the extraneous comic relief this time. And, of course, Kevin Dunn and Julie White reprise their schticky roles as Sam's parents, albeit in a smaller dose than before. ...Optimus Prime is finally depicted as the badass robot warrior fans of the animated series remember him as, and his battles here are the best he's ever had in the trilogy. ...Its last hour is the full-on human vs. robot war film that the Terminator series has always promised but never delivered. Transformers: Dark of the Moon may not be a great film, but it is largely great fun. In a summer movie season that's only had a handful of films that have really offered that, it's nice to see the Transformers exit the screen (at least for now) on a high rather than low note.

---------- Post added 06-27-2011 at 07:32 PM ----------

NEW TV SPOT

---------- Post added 06-27-2011 at 08:05 PM ----------

Michael Bay’s website Shoot For The Edit has posted the listing of quotes submitted to the studio by critics (some of them, notable “quotewhores”) who enjoyed the film:

Scott Mantz – Access Hollywood: “The best 3D since Avatar.”

Mike Wilber – NBC: “The best Transformers ever!” … “Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the summer movie to beat!”

Teddy Wilson – Host, InnerSPACE: “Blockbusters don’t get any bigger than this!

Danielle McGimsie – Etalk CTV: “Transformers: Dark of the Moon defies gravity.”

Bill Zwecker – FOX-TV or FOX Chicago News or (FOX-TV Chicago) : “The absolutely best Transformers yet! Bigger, better, best! Terrific storytelling and non-stop action from start to finish! This is the movie event of the summer!” …. “This is why we go to 3D films!”

Kevin McCarthy – FOX-TV Washington DC or CBS Radio: “Finally, a 3D experience that will blow your mind. Best 3D since Avatar.”

Sandie Newton – CBS Dallas: “Absolutely mind blowing! ?This is what going to the movies is all about!”

Nancy Jay – Daybreak USA (Syndicated Radio): “Dark of the Moon delivers. It’s bigger, better, badder. This is the one you’ve been waiting for.”

Lisa Fuller-Magee – KTVK Phoenix: “See it in 3D! It’ll transform your summer.”

Jake Hamilton – FOX-TV: “The perfect summer movie. This is what going to the movies is all about. They’ve saved the best for last. You’ll be left in awe.” … “One of the most incredible things your eyes will ever see. You won’t breathe. You won’t blink. You’ll just be blown away.”

Kim Holcomb – KING-TV NBC Seattle: “The best Transformers movie, by far.” … “This is why 3D exists.”

Shireen Sandoval – FOX News, Miami: “Visually stunning.” … “Summer fun at its finest.”

Lee Thomas – FOX 2 Detroit: “Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the most action packed adventure of this summer…crisp transformations. Clean fun.” … “They’ve reinvigorated the franchise.” … “The must see summer film.”

Kelli Gillespie – XETV CW6 – San Diego: “Best Transformers film yet!” … “Action-packed. “ … “Heart-pounding.” … “The most fun you’ll have at the movies this summer.” … “This is what a summer movie is meant to be! Go see Transformers: Dark of the Moon.”

Chris Parente – FOX KDVR 31 or CW 2: “A heart stopping, eye popping masterpiece.”
    Rusty Gatenby – ABC TV Minneapolis: “Biggest action movie of the summer? How about biggest action movie EVER!” … “You’ll need the BIG bucket of popcorn for this one!” … “Not just the best Transformers movie, the best summer movie in years!”

Chris Van Vliet – WOIO, Cleveland: “Buckle up for the action thrill ride of the summer!” … “The biggest movie of the summer.”

Rachel Smith – FOX 5, Vegas: “By far the best of the three!” … “The hottest cast of summer” … “2 hours of pure fun” … “The most action packed film of summer”

Shawn Edwards – FOX-TV : “The summer blockbuster has been transformed forever!” … “Phenomenal! The most exciting movie of the year. ‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ is total awesomeness. It’s a bigger and better experience. You’ll be blown away.” … “This is the 3D experience you have been waiting for! It’s amazing. The 3D is like nothing you have ever seen before. You just won’t see the movie. You’ll actually feel like you are in the movie.” … RATING: “* * * *”

• Banned User

New Clip " I Know His Name
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810159115/video/25764361

A letter for every film house projectionists that will play Transformers: Dark of the Moon to please ask them to crank up the brightness of the movie as instructed.

---------- Post added 06-28-2011 at 12:43 AM ----------

532 Flood-Damaged Cars Destroyed In New 'Transformers'

Director Michael Bay destroyed 532 cars during the filming of his latest "Transformers" blockbuster, all of which were donated to the movie after suffering flood damage.

The robot franchise features many scenes of destruction and Bay has revealed he is supplied with hundreds of faulty cars which are rescued from the crusher to be blown to bits on his film set instead.

He tells Reuters, "These are cars that are flood damaged. Car companies give them to us because by law they have to be crushed, so I am the perfect guy to do that."

Transformers: Dark of the Moon premiered in Moscow, Russia on Thursday.
    Source: Fark.com | Michael Bay blew up 532 cars while filming Transformers 3

• Banned User

The sound effects for Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    Director Michael Bay and Producer Steven Speilberg return this summer for the third film in the Transformers franchise, Tranformers: Dark of the Moon. The amazing visual effects in this film are complimented by the talented efforts of the sound team including Re-recording Mixers Greg Russell and Jeff Haboush, and Supervising Sound Editor and Sound Designers Ethan Van der Ryn, and Erik Aadahl.

This is the first 3D film of the series and will also be presented in regular 2D, Real D 3D and IMAX, featuring Dolby Surround 7.1 sound.

• Banned User

Watch the premiere of Transformers: Dark of the Moon live from NYC today at 5:30 PM EST! Then get tix to see it first in 3D TONIGHT!
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon | Trailer & Official Site |

---------- Post added 06-28-2011 at 11:41 AM ----------

Shia LaBeouf was 'swarmed' over the weekend during New Yorks City's Gay Pride...

'swarmed' 'Transformers' star Shia LaBeouf, source says

Gatecrasher
    Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 4:00 AM
    Marcel Thomas/FilmMagic
    Shia LaBeouf has been heavily promoting the latest 'Transformers' film.

Shia LaBeouf could have used some protection from Optimus Prime at the SoHo Grand on Sunday night. A source tells us that when the "Transformers" star asked the hotel's staff where he could find a "cool" soiree to attend, he was directed to the Pride Party at the Yard, an outdoor space that the Grand recently opened, where the Misshapes and Matt Kays were providing the entertainment.
    Little did LaBeouf know, the celebration was chockablock with gay men who, our insider says, "swarmed" the actor when he arrived with his girlfriend. The source says the quick-thinking LaBeouf used his lady as a buffer and the two started "hard-core making out," just in case any of the boys were getting ideas.
    Well, ****. I knew I should had went to Gay Pride in NYC, LOL.

Last edited by JMora; 06-28-2011 at 10:42 AM.

• Banned User

hours away

---------- Post added 06-28-2011 at 12:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-28-2011 at 12:37 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-28-2011 at 12:46 PM ----------

Paramount is allowing ALL theaters to have the first
    showings starting 8pm, some at 9pm TONIGHT!

Just type your local zip code, and Bumblebee will show you where your local theater that will showcase Transfomers: Dark of the Moon. Most theaters are now having 8pm showings!!!
    LINK: http://fb.alvenda.net/publish/meta?u...8_14%3A35%3A50

War begins tonight 9pm EVERYWHERE
    Autobots/Decepticons,
    pass the word around
    Last edited by JMora; 06-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.