Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

• Banned User

Re: 'Transformers 3' 7/1/2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon continues to steamroll the competition worldwide. With the weekend close, day 12 of release, the film has a domestic total of $261 million and international total of $348 million for a worldwide total of $645 million. These stats put Transformers 3 as the highest grossing film in the US of the year. It has a ways to go to pass Pirates 4 international total of $778.9M. Deadline notes that thanks to these numbers, Michael Bay once again will make between $80M to $100M off the third film. With these kinds of numbers, you can see why Bay ultimately chooses to ignore the critics and focus on the numbers.

DOTM earned $47 million in the US box office for a 52% (as expected) compared to last weekend but less than ROTF's 61%. TF3's US sales also continues to lag behind TF2's totals at $261M to $293.4M but the low drop in box office indicates it may be able to make up the difference over time. This will be the last time Transformers 3 is number 1 at the box office as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 takes the spotlight next weekend. Regardless, it is international sales and ability to withstand the Harry Potter onslaught that will determine if this film can break the $1 billion threshold.
    Source: http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by JMora; 07-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.

• Banned User

The ultimate Transformers music video...

• keh!

so long transformers, harry potter is here to annihilate you : )

• Banned User

As of tonight, it's worldwide gross is a whopping $788,642,739 million (source: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) - Box Office Mojo), and over in lower California, Transformers had it's day at Comic-Con, and guess what was shown...

Mark Woodberry talks about creating rides based on pop culture properties. They like to collaborate with the originator and this started with the Jurassic Park ride and followed by rides for James Cameron, and Revenge of the Mummy.

All those things have been brought into making Transformers the Ride 3-D, set for a launch in 2012. Involves state-of-art motion ride with 4D project imagery.

Micheal Bay is a consultant on the ride and they have tapped Cullen and Welker as Prime and Megatron for the ride voices. Other voice talent from Transformers history are also included as voices in the ride.

Ride is based on the NEST mission to find the shard of Allspark. NEST needs the Autobot's help to transport the shard and Evac helps them out. Ride will feature face-offs with Ravage and other Dececpticons.

The next scene we are treated to is with Prime as we follow him through the streets of Chicago to complete mission. Ride flies though air and up on top of buildings, with Prime saying "Only you can save the Universe."

So, what does one get with an attraction almost costing over 250 million dollars with ILM & NASA helping?

John Hammond: " I spared no expenses."

another angle..
    Last edited by JMora; 07-22-2011 at 12:00 AM.

• Banned User

Ah, yes! Transformers: Dark of the Moon has grossed more then $882.4 million, passing both previous Transformers films in lifetime box office revenue, and it's still making bank! It remains in the Top 5 in the U.S. Box Office, and it's currently remains #2 in International box office.

Source: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) - Box Office Mojo

• Infinitized!

Still haven't seen the movie but planning to go sometime next week. Is there anything during the end credits worth sticking around for?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Still haven't seen the movie but planning to go sometime next week. Is there anything during the end credits worth sticking around for?
    Nope, just leave when the credits start rolling abruptly. I saw it 4 times already =}

Must see it in 3D or the nearest IMAX theater, it's truly the best 3D film experience, since Avatar! The last hour is an action orgasm. Even the freeway car sequence at the middle of the film tops the Matrix Reloaded freeway action sequence.

• Infinitized!

Finally saw it yesterday. It was OK. The first one was still the best in the series. I think this one suffered from the same flaws Revenge of the Fallen had:quick, fast-paced editing, hyperactive acting from the actors (Did Bay feed 'em espresso everyday on the set?). When I saw Mr. Chow, I was waiting for him to jump naked on some guy or end up in a freezer. And when Buzz Aldrin showed up, I was half expecting him to punch Optimus in the face.And why did they make Leonard Nimoy quote lines from Star Trek? (i.e. "the needs of the many..."). It felt like all the acting talent they had went to waste. And the new girl... everytime I saw her on screen I thought she could fill-in for Hot Lips in a MASH remake. Why couldn't Bay bring back the Aussie girl from the first movie? She was the best looking in the whole series - have her hook-up with Sam.

Also, the whole "lets throw in a space shuttle because, hey you know, they're being retired" was kind of meh. Where was Astro Train? Astro Train could've been on the launchpad in shuttle form. The whole Space Shuttle scene was a big useless plot hole.

One saving grace was the lack of the juvenile sex jokes the 2nd one had.
    Definitely could've been better. Now I want to see a reboot with Christopher Nolan at the helm.
    Last edited by Barbossa; 08-25-2011 at 12:38 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Finally saw it and still cant believe how much money it made............the fighting was cool and CGI was as good as well but it just dragged on.....it could have just been two hours and been a much better film....the story just kept going and I just wanted it to end so I could be done with it.

Bay needs to watch Potter and see how to make a good action film while making the slow parts interesting too (by making characters we can relate too and not just having people make stupid one liner jokes)

If the movie was just action I would have been ok with it but really for me by the end it was just too much of the same,,,the original was a good film but the last two were at best eye candy

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021