Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Transformers 3' 7/1/2011

Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012.

Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.

P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture. Please consult your Physician when working under my direction because some side effects can occur, such as mild dizziness, intense nausea, suicidal tendencies, depression, minor chest hair growth, random internal hemorrhaging and inability to sleep. As some directors may be hazardous to your health, please consult your Doctor to determine if this is right for you.

Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3.

Michael
    michaelbay.com | news
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Infinitized!

Re: 'Transformers 3' 7/1/2011

All I got to say is 2011 is shaping up to be another huge summer movie season like 2008 was. I'm just hoping this economic strife will be over, that I'm employed, and I can enjoy more movies.

• Circle of Ancients

Not at all excited for this.

Pretty telling that the initial meeting isn't with screenwriters, etc ... but with ILM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Gregg, M.B. is trying to keep you on board...

Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story.

Ending a complete lack of suspense, director Michael Bay announced on his Web site Thursday that he is officially on board to direct a third "Transformers" film for Paramount. The release date has been shuttled up a full year, from July 1, 2012, to July 1, 2011.

Stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are slated to return, as is "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" co-writer Ehren Kruger. Steven Spielberg will executive produce, as he did on the first two films, which have grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide.

Bay wrote that he met with ILM in San Francisco Thursday morning, followed by a flight to Rhode Island with Kruger to meet with Hasbro about new characters.

"Well, it's official: We have a great 'Transformers 3' story," Bay said on his site. "Today is Day One."

Paramount's Summer 2011 is shaping up to have four tentpoles: Marvel features "Thor" and "First Avenger: Captain America" bow May 20 and July 22, respectively. And the DreamWorks Animation sequel "Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom" hits theaters June 3.
    'Transformers 3' confirmed for 2011
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disappearing/Reappearing

well, I was underwhelmed by 2. All I can say is...hope 3 is better.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, when Michael Bay says he has a great story, what he REALLY means is "I've found a new way to blow stuff up and make sure people feel a little dumber when they leave the theatre".

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Spielberg pays him extra for that.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, I usually enjoy Michael Bay's movies for what they are. Mindless entertainment and blowing up LOTS of crap. I absolutely LOVE The Rock and Armageddon and did enjoy the first Transformers. Transformers 2 was just TOO mindless for me.

Transformers 2 was alright. But hope Transformers 3 is better.

• Minion

Wow... thank goodness, there were SO many unanswered questions from the second one.

• Minion

I first heard about this through Tyrese Gibsons Twitter Page (Tyrese4ReaL) I'm happy they are making a 3rd one.

So far in 2011, we have Transformers 3, Spiderman 4, Pitates of the Carribean 4, Zombieland 2, the final Harry Potter film, Deadpool & Captain America confirmed and there's rumors of Ghostrider 2, Men in Black 3, a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie (heard they were going back to live action), Terminator 5 (which isn't too surprising if it's true because the whole Terminator saga was set to be 5 movie), Wanted 2 & another Wolverine. If all those rumored films are all true, 2011 is setting up to be a HUGE year for movies.
    Last edited by disneyDragon923; 05-26-2010 at 08:35 PM.

• Seasick

I just finished watching Transformers 2. I don't expect high art from these movies by any means, but the first had at least some semblance of a story and characters we could care about, if only a little.

I thought the second one was terrible. Count me among those completely indifferent to a third installment.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Crazy Furry

Ugh, count me as one who's not excited for this at all.

While I enjoyed the first one, the 2nd is hands down the prime example on why there should never be a popcorn flick that's pretty much 3 hours long. It's just too much for anyone to handle, especially since it was hard to tell if this was an attempt at an action flick or a really bad attempt at a comedy.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Ugh, count me as one who's not excited for this at all.

While I enjoyed the first one, the 2nd is hands down the prime example on why there should never be a popcorn flick that's pretty much 3 hours long. It's just too much for anyone to handle, especially since it was hard to tell if this was an attempt at an action flick or a really bad attempt at a comedy.
    No kidding. I don't mind if a summer movie like Pirates of the Carribean or Star Trek runs in excess of two hours, as they're trying to tell a story amongst the action and effetcs.

But a movie which clearly exists only to justify giant robots fighting each other, should dump the extraneous stuff and just give us mindless fun that doesn't drag on for more than two hours, if that.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Funny that a movie like Avatar receives sooo much criticism and its absolutely beautiful and appears to have a great story but Transformers gets rave reviews, T3 looks to be another joke, No thanks.
    Paid Disneyland Poster

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast