Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Northwest Disneyphile

Favorite Horror Movie?

To quote the killer from Scream, "whats your favorite scary movie?"

My self I like Poltergeist. It's nearly a perfect ghost story, it's visually pleasing and it has a fantastic musical score.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• keh!

Re: Favorite Horror Movie?

My favorite horror movie of all time is The Exorcist. To me, nothing has topped that film. Coming in second place is The Shining, wonderfully creepy film!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm a fan of Hitchcock. Pick anything. Psycho, The Birds, Rear Window....love them.

• Sweet as honey

I can't even decide, I love too many of them! Horror movies are all I really like to watch. When I was a kid I loved Dolly Dearest.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Exorcist, The Shining, Sixth Sense, Omen. I love well written thrillers!

• Crazy Furry

While it's hard for me to decide on just one, I can certainly list my top favorites.

An American Werewolf in London- John Landis certainly proved he not only could make one of the best comedies of all time (Animal House), but also one of the best werewolf films of all time. A perfect mix of horror and humor, and a transformation sequence that has yet to be matched or topped.

The Changeling- Any ghost story is hard to film, many fail since they do too much talking and not enough showing. (It's like they say, show...don't tell.) But this film get's it right, it's a downright chilling and underappreciated movie. Not to mention it's the only film that can creep you out with a red rubber ball and a wheelchair.

John Carpenters Halloween and The Thing.

Halloween- This is a true classic, it not only captures the feel of Halloween. But truly shows a great Horror film needs atmosphere and suspense. Something that Rob Zombie's version never captured.

The Thing- Another classic from John Carpenter, this film knows how to get inside your head and make you paranoid beyond belief. It also displays some of the best pratical effects out there, it was done so good it still stands the test of time.

Alien- The first horror film I ever saw, another classic that proved there can be terrifying creatures in space.

Finally, I'm going to announce my Best unintentional Horror film of all time....The Wizard of Oz.

While yes, W.O.Z. is a timeless classic film...it has successfully scared the pants of children everywhere due to The Wicked Witch of the West and her *&^% Flying Monkeys.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• "Always On The Move..."

An American Werewolf in London. I'm not a horror fan, but I absolutely LOVE this film.

Edit: Never thought of Wizard of Oz till you mentioned those **** flying monkeys...scared the crap out of me as a kid. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I'm a sucker for good Foreign Horror that hasn't been ruined by americanization remakes.

Ringu (The Ring)
    Ju-On (The Grudge)
    [REC] (Quarantine)

Those are some good scares. I have way too many faves to list but the top ones that come to mind are

The Exorcist
    Dawn of the Dead (Zac Snyder remake)
    The Devil's Rejects
    Diary of the Dead
    28 Days later
    28 Weeks Later
    The Descent

Sheesh I can go on and on!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MC State Comptroller

It's hard to pick just one. I love the Romero Zombie trilogy (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, even Day of the Dead) especially Dawn. Slow moving zombies scare me more than fast moving ones.

I also cannot watch The Exorcist after 3pm. Any later and i sleep with the light on.

My new fav and possibly the most scariest of all time "Paranormal Activity". The wife and i saw it a few weeks ago and we just started going to sleep with the light off. The TV's still on though. I highly recommend it, just be prepared to be scared!!

Unintentional horror film: Moulin Rouge. The whole movie scares the bejesus out of me!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    It's hard to pick just one. I love the Romero Zombie trilogy (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, even Day of the Dead) especially Dawn. Slow moving zombies scare me more than fast moving ones.
    George Romero did more than just 3 Zombie films. Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, and Diary of the Dead. Land starred Dennis Hopper and John Legiazamo (Ok so I can't spell his name). Diary of the Dead was shot in that camera perspective like what was done in Blair Witch, Cloverfield, and Paranormal Activity. Diary of the Dead was awesome. Some of the best zombie kills ever were in that movie. George Romero is currently rumored to be working on another zombie film which is rumored to be in 3D.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    George Romero did more than just 3 Zombie films. Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, and Diary of the Dead. Land starred Dennis Hopper and John Legiazamo (Ok so I can't spell his name). Diary of the Dead was shot in that camera perspective like what was done in Blair Witch, Cloverfield, and Paranormal Activity. Diary of the Dead was awesome. Some of the best zombie kills ever were in that movie. George Romero is currently rumored to be working on another zombie film which is rumored to be in 3D.
    To me it will always be a trilogy. The last two films, Land and Diary, although ok, were completely different from what Romero had in mind in the 60's and 70's. The movies were originally conceived as a trilogy, with a combination of Day and Land to act as the third one. In fact Day was supposed to be a lot longer and end up like Land, but Romero lost his funding.

Diary is more of a companion piece to the series not a direct sequel.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

An American Werewolf in London

Alien

Aliens

Are my favs, though I'm not a big horror movie fan.

• Banned User

I don't have just one favorite horror film, really. I have favorites, plural.

Gotta give it up for the Universal horror classics, for starters. Nothing beats them. Also some excellent classic horror from the 1950s, mostly from Universal International.

That said, I also have more modern favorites as well, including the work of John Carpenter. I also really love Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992), flawed in parts though it is.

• Infinitized!

Hannah Montana: The Movie

It really is scary.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Star Wars Episodes 1-3.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast