Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

A Christmas Carol

I just saw it today, it was actually very well put together. I saw the 2D version, but it was stunning and beautiful!

So, it's probably the best version I have seen of 'A Christmas Carol', and I rate it a 8 out of 10.

What are your thoughts/ratings on it?

• Infinitized!

Re: A Christmas Carol

Too early for a Christmas flick, which makes me wonder, with the early November release, will this movie stilll be in theaters for Christmas? Or willl Avatar and Sherlock Holmes displace it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Too early for a Christmas flick, which makes me wonder, with the early November release, will this movie stilll be in theaters for Christmas? Or willl Avatar and Sherlock Holmes displace it?

Didn't you hear? Corporate Retail America declared an early Christmas this year! Our Wal-Mart already has wreath and present decorations up, and the discount "old" Halloween stuff is rubbing elbows with the new Christmas stuff over by the garden department. My guess is that they asked their buddies in the movie business to further sell the idea by releasing a Christmas movie early. Now get out there and SHOP!

Nonetheless, I'm going to review it Tomorrow...and then review a live performance of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (with Father Christmas in it) immediately afterwards!

And now, a moment of silence for that harvesty period between Halloween and Thanksgiving that used to be known as Autumn....
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 11-07-2009 at 02:01 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    This is the typical time when studios release their Christmas themed movies though. Nope, doubt it will be in theaters come Christmas.

• would love some pie

I thought it was unintentionally hilarious and at the same time quite frightening.
    KABLAM!

• Very own madame Leota!

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post

And now, a moment of silence for that harvesty period between Halloween and Thanksgiving that used to be known as Autumn....
    "When I was a kid christmas was christmas and thanksgiving was thanksgiving, NOT christmas PART 1"-Lewis Black

That aside, the general collection of reviews look kinda 'meh' which is disappointing, I'll still be most likely be seeing it regardless though.
    Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
    2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
    Next Disneyland visit: ???
    My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
    http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableKri View Post
    "When I was a kid christmas was christmas and thanksgiving was thanksgiving, NOT christmas PART 1"-Lewis Black

I love Lewis Black!

I am sick of Christmas in October! Stores here couldn't WAIT to get the stuff up on November 1. That's almost 2 MONTHS prior to Christmas. No wonder I am not a fan of Christmas !

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Yeah it was actually scary.

• Banned User

I heard it's not a good movie to take small children to. Way too scary.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

It's not that scary, but has some pretty intense moments.

• Goofy

what a great movie it was and i loved the whole movie all the way. some of the scenes did got to me lol. although it might scare some of the little kids especially in the beginning and as it goes along as well. overall best holiday movie of the year so far in 2009 in my opinion.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Yet the only

• Goofy

my rate for the movie is 9 out 10.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I saw it Monday at a sneak preview and I'd give it 5 of 10 if that's the scale we're using.
    I don't like Mo Cap, so I already had that bias going into it. I also hate when 3D movies are like "Look how cool we are, we're 3D". If I want that, I'll go watch Muppet Vision 3D where I can get good cheap 3D tricks.
    It was like they couldn't decide if they wanted to be realistic or not. One minute you have almost human looking characters and then the next Bob Hoskins is jumping up in the air and flying. It just didn't work for me. On that same note, all the female characters looked very very strange and that bugged me to no end.
    The story was very faithful to the original, but there's a reason other versions shy away from some details: they're boring. The movie seemed long and drawn out. It was also a little scary but that part didn't really bug me. I kinda wish they'd done more with that.

Sorry to be the nay sayer, I just wasn't a fan

• Returning Member

Re: A Christmas Carol - a

I went to an early advanced screening before opening and the only thing I remember was being very annoyed that the film makers turned the story into an action movie - as if kids won't be entertained unless people are getting hit over the head or things are blowing up... I though the whole thing was a real disappointment... despite being technically well crafted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast